Reclaimed Iota are not landing in receving address

Author
f
Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am panicking a little. I tried to follow the process to reclaim my iota.

I checked the address first and saw it had been taken in custody and stated the balance and "CURL_UNUSED".

I downloaded the latest iota light wallet (2.5.7 from here: https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases). I put my old seed in and a new seed as per the process into the light wallet. The proof transaction was "confirmed" and the wallet stated the funds had been sent to the address associated with my new seed. 

However, there is nothing in this address! And when I put the address into thetangle.org, it says it can't find anything for that address.

So where did my iota go?

Any help really appreciated!!
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
fredres - 5 Jun 2019
Hello,

I checked the address first and saw it had been taken in custody and stated the balance and "CURL_UNUSED".

I downloaded the latest iota light wallet (2.5.7 from here: https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases). I put my old seed in and a new seed as per the process into the light wallet. The proof transaction was "confirmed" and the wallet stated the funds had been sent to the address associated with my new seed. 

However, there is nothing in this address! And when I put the address into thetangle.org, it says it can't find anything for that address.

So where did my iota go?

Hi fredres,
welcome to Hello IOTA! 

The final message most likely said that your funds WILL BE SENT to the address displayed, not that they have been sent there already

Reclaims are processed manually by the IF. You need to wait for the next batch to be processes. 
Unfortunately we don't know when this will happen, could be weeks or even months.

Please do not use your new seed for anything until your funds are back.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
fredres
f
Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alexa - 5 Jun 2019
fredres - 5 Jun 2019
Hello,

So where did my iota go?

Hi fredres,
welcome to Hello IOTA! 

The final message most likely said that your funds WILL BE SENT to the address displayed, not that they have been sent there already

Reclaims are processed manually by the IF. You need to wait for the next batch to be processes. 
Unfortunately we don't know when this will happen, could be weeks or even months.

Thank you for your reassuring reply. I will patiently wait then... although months sounds like a really long time!  Thank you for advice on the seed.
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
fredres - 5 Jun 2019
Alexa - 5 Jun 2019
fredres - 5 Jun 2019
Hello,

So where did my iota go?

Hi fredres,
welcome to Hello IOTA! 

Thank you for your reassuring reply. I will patiently wait then... although months sounds like a really long time!  Thank you for advice on the seed.

You're welcome! Smile
I know it's frustrating to have to wait. They did the batches more regularly earlier when more people submitted their reclaims.
Nowadays they happen less often.
But then again your funds have been at the IF for more than 1,5 years now already so maybe a few months don't make that much of a difference....

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search