IOTA BALANCE 0 IN NEW TRINITY WALLET

Author
q
Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good day- 
Here are the facts of my situation.  I thank you in advance for your assistance! 
1. I had not logged on to my Windows computer which contained my Iota light wallet for several months. When I logged on my balance had gone to zero as there had been some sort've snapshot of some sort.
2. I did a resync and voila my balance reappeared.  I copied the new address I noticed in my light wallet.
3. Several days later my Windows computer blacked out.
4. I opened the new Trinity wallet with my Mac and tried to sync my old seed but the balance was 0mi. I tried the tool where it searches to sync but the balance continues to be 0mi.
5.  I then tried my address's that I had copied but those are 90 seeds. Which I didn't know was an issue until I tried to add them to my account... 
6.  On one of my new address's I removed the last 9 digits of the 90 so there would be 81 seeds and tried several times to sync but still 0 balance.  I didn't try too many times as I didn't know if I was troubleshooting correctly.  I did check my account balance and it appeared on a IOTA balance scan even though the balance was slightly less. It was pretty close to my original amount and it was there - 

Ive run out of ideas.  Please assist as you can see from above I am not fully technical but I try my best and so far everything has been good.  

Thank you !!
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
quatroa2 - 3 Jun 2019
Good day- 
Here are the facts of my situation.  I thank you in advance for your assistance! 
1. I had not logged on to my Windows computer which contained my Iota light wallet for several months. When I logged on my balance had gone to zero as there had been some sort've snapshot of some sort.
2. I did a resync and voila my balance reappeared.  I copied the new address I noticed in my light wallet.
3. Several days later my Windows computer blacked out.
4. I opened the new Trinity wallet with my Mac and tried to sync my old seed but the balance was 0mi. I tried the tool where it searches to sync but the balance continues to be 0mi.
5.  I then tried my address's that I had copied but those are 90 seeds. Which I didn't know was an issue until I tried to add them to my account... 
6.  On one of my new address's I removed the last 9 digits of the 90 so there would be 81 seeds and tried several times to sync but still 0 balance.  I didn't try too many times as I didn't know if I was troubleshooting correctly.  I did check my account balance and it appeared on a IOTA balance scan even though the balance was slightly less. It was pretty close to my original amount and it was there - 

Ive run out of ideas.  Please assist as you can see from above I am not fully technical but I try my best and so far everything has been good.  

Thank you !!

@quatroa2
Hey quotro, thanks for the detailed post and welcome to Hello IOTA.

"2. I did a resync and voila my balance reappeared. I copied the new address I noticed in my light wallet."
Can you post this address here so that we can take a look at it together on the tangle explorer please?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search