starting IRI java initialization error (RocksDB)?

Author
S
Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, everyone:
starting IRI I am getting the following exception, probably a dumb mistake on my side, but I am just starting...

>java -jar iri-1.4.0.jar -p 14265
10/12 09:06:58.395 [main] INFO com.iota.iri.IRI - Welcome to IRI 1.4.0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.rocksdb.RocksDB.loadLibrary(RocksDB.java:64)
at org.rocksdb.RocksDB.<clinit>(RocksDB.java:35)
at com.iota.iri.storage.rocksDB.RocksDBPersistenceProvider.<init>(RocksDBPersistenceProvider.java:28)
at com.iota.iri.Iota.initializeTangle(Iota.java:203)
at com.iota.iri.Iota.init(Iota.java:94)
at com.iota.iri.IRI.main(IRI.java:86)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at org.rocksdb.util.Environment.getJniLibraryName(Environment.java:48)
at org.rocksdb.NativeLibraryLoader.<clinit>(NativeLibraryLoader.java:19)
... 6 more
10/12 09:06:59.642 [Shutdown Hook] INFO com.iota.iri.IRI - Shutting down IOTA node, please hold tight...
10/12 09:07:05.650 [Shutdown Hook] ERROR com.iota.iri.IRI - Exception occurred shutting down IOTA node:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.iota.iri.network.replicator.ReplicatorSourcePool.shutdown(ReplicatorSourcePool.java:76) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at com.iota.iri.network.replicator.Replicator.shutdown(Replicator.java:30) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at com.iota.iri.Iota.shutdown(Iota.java:178) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at com.iota.iri.IRI.lambda$shutdownHook$0(IRI.java:253) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

HELP
proto
proto
Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)Attached to Tangle (260 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Stowoda - 12 Oct 2017
Hello, everyone:
starting IRI I am getting the following exception, probably a dumb mistake on my side, but I am just starting...

>java -jar iri-1.4.0.jar -p 14265
10/12 09:06:58.395 [main] INFO com.iota.iri.IRI - Welcome to IRI 1.4.0
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.rocksdb.RocksDB.loadLibrary(RocksDB.java:64)
at org.rocksdb.RocksDB.<clinit>(RocksDB.java:35)
at com.iota.iri.storage.rocksDB.RocksDBPersistenceProvider.<init>(RocksDBPersistenceProvider.java:28)
at com.iota.iri.Iota.initializeTangle(Iota.java:203)
at com.iota.iri.Iota.init(Iota.java:94)
at com.iota.iri.IRI.main(IRI.java:86)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
at org.rocksdb.util.Environment.getJniLibraryName(Environment.java:48)
at org.rocksdb.NativeLibraryLoader.<clinit>(NativeLibraryLoader.java:19)
... 6 more
10/12 09:06:59.642 [Shutdown Hook] INFO com.iota.iri.IRI - Shutting down IOTA node, please hold tight...
10/12 09:07:05.650 [Shutdown Hook] ERROR com.iota.iri.IRI - Exception occurred shutting down IOTA node:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.iota.iri.network.replicator.ReplicatorSourcePool.shutdown(ReplicatorSourcePool.java:76) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at com.iota.iri.network.replicator.Replicator.shutdown(Replicator.java:30) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at com.iota.iri.Iota.shutdown(Iota.java:178) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at com.iota.iri.IRI.lambda$shutdownHook$0(IRI.java:253) ~[iri-1.4.0.jar:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_144]

Hi Stowoda,
For some reason I think I ran into this one myself once, it looks familiar.
Not 100% sure but I think it has a problem with 'initializing' the rocksdb.
Could you try something like this to see what happens: (just run it as sudo, but also make sure your directory is clean, in case there is some weird other db stuff happening)
mkdir myIRI
mv iri-1.4.0.jar myIRI/
cd myIRI
sudo java -jar iri-1.4.0.jar -p 14265

You might want to also use an ini file for your iri settings too. It might also help to tell iri where to have the DB_PATH (if just the above does't work, but also it's easier to use a config file in general).
To do that you can do this (the file you make, called "iota.ini" it's automatically picked up by IRI as the default name. You can read more about the config file on 
https://github.com/iotaledger/iri
nano iota.ini
#Now inside the iota.ini file put the following below to start...you will need to set your neighbors also on the NEIGHBORS line when you find some mutual ones.

[IRI]
PORT = 14265
UDP_RECEIVER_PORT = 14600
NEIGHBORS =
IXI_DIR = ixi
HEADLESS = true
DEBUG = true
TESTNET = false
DB_PATH = db

#Now save it with "Control + X", and then "Y"

See if any of that helps.
Note: If you use the iota.ini config file, you only need to run iri like this:
sudo java -jar iri-1.4.0.jar
Since it will use the port settings you define in the iota.ini file. If you name the config file anything other than "iota.ini", you would need to tell it you want to use a certain config file (ex: iri.ini)
sudo java -jar iri-1.4.0.jar -c iri.ini
Edited 4 Months Ago by proto
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search