Help exporting from Trinity Wallet

Author
C
Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi guys, I recently attempted to send MIOTA to Binance to do some trading and I encountered a message saying there was a transaction pending. I scoured the wallet for info and found the pending transaction but I couldn't stop it or find out where it was heading. This means that somehow my MIOTA is locked in transit somewhere. Can anybody help with this? Thanks in advance!
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi @Chuggers,
welcome to Hello IOTA!
Nobody can stop a transaction, it’s just not possible.
The normal way to solve this would be to get the pending transaction confirmed and I could help you with this. But I’m not sure yet if you really want it to confirm. Can you tell me why you don’t know where this transaction is heading? Didn’t you this transfer yourself?
If you want me to take a look at the transaction, you can send me the address or transaction hash via PM.
Please don’t post them in public at this point just in case.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Chuggers
C
Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)Attached to Tangle (294 reputation)
Hi Alexa. Firstly, thank you so much for replying to my post. The only place I have made a transaction is to Binance. 
Before sending MIOTA to Binance they warn you that the IOTA address can only be used once, if it fails you need to use a new address. So I know 100% I attempted to send it to Binance...
Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Hi Alexa. Firstly, thank you so much for replying to my post. The only place I have made a transaction is to Binance. 
Before sending MIOTA to Binance they warn you that the IOTA address can only be used once, if it fails you need to use a new address. So I know 100% I attempted to send it to Binance...

@Chuggers 
Ok, great. Now that you know where it's heading, there's no reason not to confirm it right? All you should need to do is reattach it. 
If you want me to take a look at it first, you can also post the transaction hash and I'll check if anything's wrong with it.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Chuggers
C
Hi Alexa, thanks for replying again. I'm looking at the transaction which says 'Pending' and there is a 'Bundle Hash' and an option saying 'Retry'... what should I do?
Chuggers
C
Update to last comment,  looking at the main wallet screen, the transaction is a receiving transaction which is 'Pending'....
Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Update to last comment,  looking at the main wallet screen, the transaction is a receiving transaction which is 'Pending'....

Umm, ok. Then it's not a transaction you sent to Binance?
Maybe we can make sense of it if you give me a transaction hash, a bundle hash or just an address.

Chuggers
C
Did you receive the photo?
Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Did you receive the photo?

Nope. Can you just copy/paste the address or a hash?

Chuggers
C
Alexa - 18 May 2019
Chuggers - 18 May 2019

Maybe we can make sense of it if you give me a transaction hash, a bundle hash or just an address.

Chuggers
C
Ok, give me 5 mins as I'm chatting with you on my phone and Trinity wallet is on laptop,... I'll sign in to this page from laptop and copy and paste, thanks for your help and patience!! 😁
Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Alexa - 18 May 2019
Chuggers - 18 May 2019

Ok, so this is a zero value transaction and it doesn't have to be confirmed.
Can you post the error message too, please? Photos seem to take some time to load up..

Edited 3 Months Ago by Alexa
Chuggers
C
TKWDEDQHVBWLGGXJYLXSY9T9ABOKMRJFZFQPGTIHVJC9YXJX9FSKQKIHIQDKGDJTPLZIEUJGXRUBRKI9B
Alexa where can I find the error message?
Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
TKWDEDQHVBWLGGXJYLXSY9T9ABOKMRJFZFQPGTIHVJC9YXJX9FSKQKIHIQDKGDJTPLZIEUJGXRUBRKI9B
Alexa where can I find the error message?

It appeared when you tried sending your funds to Binance, so you should be able to replicate it by trying the same thing again.

Chuggers
C
Binance is currently down for maintenance,.... I can't replicate the transaction... 
Chuggers
C
Sorry to waste your time on a Saturday!!
Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Binance is currently down for maintenance,.... I can't replicate the transaction... 

Alright, let's try this then: go to "Account" > "Account Management" > "View Addresses".
Do you see any address tht is red and crossed out but has funds on it? 

Alexa
Alexa
Chuggers - 18 May 2019
Sorry to waste your time on a Saturday!!

You're not wasting my time at all, don't worry. BigGrin

Chuggers
C
no
Chuggers
C
ok thanks, it really feels like I am! lol
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search