1.5 Ki lost / never arrived in wallet, please help recover

Author
m
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
9JFIMKDCCNBSIRYGJLIROZFSBXO9KGRZRV9HZXCGJTWQYAHEDKL9XPWLOOWFZTPMXDZKCKEGTXPEAWOIZHNHSBCYQA

Quite some time ago I have sent IOTA between my own wallets but these 1.5 Ki never arrived. Does anyone have an idea how to recover?
Thanks!!

HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
meself - 6 May 2019
9JFIMKDCCNBSIRYGJLIROZFSBXO9KGRZRV9HZXCGJTWQYAHEDKL9XPWLOOWFZTPMXDZKCKEGTXPEAWOIZHNHSBCYQA

Quite some time ago I have sent IOTA between my own wallets but these 1.5 Ki never arrived. Does anyone have an idea how to recover?
Thanks!!

@meself
Thanks for the post, and welcome to the forum.

https://thetangle.org/address/9JFIMKDCCNBSIRYGJLIROZFSBXO9KGRZRV9HZXCGJTWQYAHEDKL9XPWLOOWFZTPMXDZKCKEGTXPEAWOIZ
Here's the address that you posted. It has a balance of 1.5 Ki as you expected, so the issue sounds like you're not seeing the balance in your wallet. To fix this, first make sure that you're in the correct seed. If you're logged into the wallet with the wrong seed, the wallet won't be able to generate this 9JFIM... address that contains your balance, and thus you'll never see it or have access to it. Second, generate a handful of addresses in the wallet, and see if 9JFIM... is generated. If not, you either haven't generated up to the address index that you had previously used, or you're in the wrong seed.

Let us know how things turn out.

meself
m
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 6 May 2019
meself - 6 May 2019

Thanks!!

@meself

https://thetangle.org/address/9JFIMKDCCNBSIRYGJLIROZFSBXO9KGRZRV9HZXCGJTWQYAHEDKL9XPWLOOWFZTPMXDZKCKEGTXPEAWOIZ
Here's the address that you posted. It has a balance of 1.5 Ki as you expected, so the issue sounds like you're not seeing the balance in your wallet. To fix this, first make sure that you're in the correct seed. If you're logged into the wallet with the wrong seed, the wallet won't be able to generate this 9JFIM... address that contains your balance, and thus you'll never see it or have access to it. Second, generate a handful of addresses in the wallet, and see if 9JFIM... is generated. If not, you either haven't generated up to the address index that you had previously used, or you're in the wrong seed.

@Winston Thanks for the quick reply. I am sure that I have the right seed. In fact, I have the seed of the wallet it was sent from and of the wallet it was sent to.
How can I generate a new address in Trinity Wallet? by clicking on generate receiving address I only get the same over and over. Under "view adresses" none of the addresses match 9JFIM...
Here is where the IOTA were sent from.
SNAQL9AMQWPSRSFHARTEJGOYORFIDQZLFVINIIBYXCOZEDVRDNPYWQOCUEJICEFKFLOCBTEWGYEBCUGPZEXADXMHBD

BQGCYALNKQPMRCJCDZFZXJCDTSRNKGWRBMBWGBAAIIJYKWIMBWOHCDNAJCAUGFKMCNI9QFQHDRJOJIEWXPNDFMITYW

Thanks for your help!

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
meself - 6 May 2019
Winston - 6 May 2019
meself - 6 May 2019

Thanks!!

@meself

@Winston Thanks for the quick reply. I am sure that I have the right seed. In fact, I have the seed of the wallet it was sent from and of the wallet it was sent to.
How can I generate a new address in Trinity Wallet? by clicking on generate receiving address I only get the same over and over. Under "view adresses" none of the addresses match 9JFIM...
Here is where the IOTA were sent from.
SNAQL9AMQWPSRSFHARTEJGOYORFIDQZLFVINIIBYXCOZEDVRDNPYWQOCUEJICEFKFLOCBTEWGYEBCUGPZEXADXMHBD

BQGCYALNKQPMRCJCDZFZXJCDTSRNKGWRBMBWGBAAIIJYKWIMBWOHCDNAJCAUGFKMCNI9QFQHDRJOJIEWXPNDFMITYW

Thanks for your help!

@meself
In the Trinity Wallet, try going to Account Settings for your wallet (Underneath General Settings) and click "View Addresses". Copy/paste whatever addresses you see there into here so that we can check them out.

Then try "Tools" and "Sync Account"
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search