I can't find my balance

Author
F
Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I haven't logged into the Iota wallet for a while and now I tried to use my ledger.
I can't find my balance after installing the ledger and trinity wallet. I went through troubleshooting, I added manually my old seed to the address line and did the snapshot transition and synced the account manually a couple of times.  I had 219 IOTA. Can you please help me to find my Iota? I'm not too technical person so your simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Flager
HELP
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Flager - 27 Apr 2019
Hi,
I haven't logged into the Iota wallet for a while and now I tried to use my ledger.
I can't find my balance after installing the ledger and trinity wallet. I went through troubleshooting, I added manually my old seed to the address line and did the snapshot transition and synced the account manually a couple of times.  I had 219 IOTA. Can you please help me to find my Iota? I'm not too technical person so your simple explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Flager

@Flager
Your funds are still on the address that you posted last year (I just looked it up your older posts).
https://thetangle.org/address/FCLACE9QNHMJZG9RRGESLBJCTUJQAHWGJSWN99HNZ9JP9RKHLVBBSPRBAFAYAWAHOICACXVGXECDXVUTC
To find your balance, you need to use the exact same seed that you used back in January 2018 to receive your coins.  

Since Trinity with Ledger support has only been released much later in 2018, you sure didn't create that old seed using a Ledger and therefore you can't access it using a Ledger.

Now, just take your old seed from January 2018 and log into Trinity without the Ledger. Select this node from the list: https://perma.iota.partners:443
If your balance doesn't show immediately, performing the snapshot transition should do the trick.

If you wish to use Trinity with your Ledger from now on, you'll have to send your IOTA from your old account to an address that is connected to the new account that you set up with your Ledger. If you feel insecure about your technical abilities to do so, I guess it would be best to send just 1i first as a test.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Flager
F
Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)
Alexa - 1 May 2019
Flager - 27 Apr 2019
Hi,

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Flager

@Flager
Your funds are still on the address that you posted last year (I just looked it up your older posts).
https://thetangle.org/address/FCLACE9QNHMJZG9RRGESLBJCTUJQAHWGJSWN99HNZ9JP9RKHLVBBSPRBAFAYAWAHOICACXVGXECDXVUTC
To find your balance, you need to use the exact same seed that you used back in January 2018 to receive your coins.  

Since Trinity with Ledger support has only been released much later in 2018, you sure didn't create that old seed using a Ledger and therefore you can't access it using a Ledger.

Now, just take your old seed from January 2018 and log into Trinity without the Ledger. Select this node from the list: https://perma.iota.partners:443
If your balance doesn't show immediately, performing the snapshot transition should do the trick.

If you wish to use Trinity with your Ledger from now on, you'll have to send your IOTA from your old account to an address that is connected to the new account that you set up with your Ledger. If you feel insecure about your technical abilities to do so, I guess it would be best to send just 1i first as a test.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help I tried it again but still couldn't see it in my wallet. Anyway,I will try it again later. At least I can see it on the tangle.org.

Thanks again. You explained it very well.

Regards,

Flager

CryptoKing
C
Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search