PLEASE HELP

Author
s
Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hello, at me a question, I have found out that my balance mismatches that quantity(amount) that was earlier,
There was a transaction on 5.4 + Gi, but I did not do(make) it. Perhaps it has been frozen IF,
As I had earlier 2 transactions which there were pending some months?
At me was earlier balance nearby 5 Gi, but there was a transaction 5.4 + Gi which I did not do(make) and there was 376 Mi which I at once have deduced(removed) on an exchange.
If there was a theft I think all my means would be stolen, but there was a rest 376 Mi and I have thought that means have been frozen IF.
What to me to do(make)? How I can learn(find out) that has occurred(happened) to mine iotas? Explain to me please.
I have replaced an old seed with a new, old seed now the empty. But on a new seed also zero balance.
My old seed JHGVDFJKKHFGTYYGIUHOIJHJFDYGMJLPOPIHFDBGFDHBJGTFDKHOKJHFGFNKM9
Transaction hash: I have received it at replacement of an old seed by the new.
LBJOGDJECTRNIDIGXNH9KQGZUAVQDDHLSBQOJOYTDFQGHKUTO9JPBQUOWVUAADIPSKGTQVIQBJDR99999

Money has been translated(transferred) here on this 5.4 + Gi address which I did not do(make)

Transaction
LWROZMQDWHIISQBNZC9LYLIYRTEWPPANBLNIKDXVLRPTOMRZQLOOKGBCRS9HKPFWXLP9UPGXJOUYA9999 copied
April 14, 2019 21:48:04 - 1 day and 3 hours ago
Value
5.4 Gi
Conversion
1 642,023 USD
Tag
KILROY9WAS9HERE999999999999
Confirmedon 2019-04-14 at 21:50:20
Index in bundle
5 / 5 Weight magnitude
Address
VYABYQORQSQWFKPUFFWX9OIOMILAIYIKKMVWN9TXAOMW9GDUYHUQSWTRVHWUCCHEPBIJKBKRWOAFFZAJYDFPFNHWCD
Bundle
NPSEVUPBFVJGTPILICIZ9ZRHEDONKIGZJUHIAH9OIBODGSJYBNSPPUILNWQGPFSYJZHVJUBLNKOPCWKLW
Nonce
WYYVOUHLUHVEKKGMWBICQPQUNLI
Text
UBXC9DFDCDMDEAKDPCGDEAWCTCFDTCSASASASASASASASASASASASAJ9SASASASASASASASASASASAKCPDPDPDTASASASASASASASASA

I will be grateful to your help, my native language not English, my native language Russian if there is a possibility the answer please in Russian
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
sarmatex555 - 22 Apr 2019
hello, at me a question, I have found out that my balance mismatches that quantity(amount) that was earlier,
There was a transaction on 5.4 + Gi, but I did not do(make) it. Perhaps it has been frozen IF,
At me was earlier balance nearby 5 Gi, but there was a transaction 5.4 + Gi which I did not do(make) and there was 376 Mi which I at once have deduced(removed) on an exchange.
If there was a theft I think all my means would be stolen, but there was a rest 376 Mi and I have thought that means have been frozen IF.
What to me to do(make)? How I can learn(find out) that has occurred(happened) to mine iotas? Explain to me please.
I have replaced an old seed with a new, old seed now the empty. But on a new seed also zero balance.
LBJOGDJECTRNIDIGXNH9KQGZUAVQDDHLSBQOJOYTDFQGHKUTO9JPBQUOWVUAADIPSKGTQVIQBJDR99999

Money has been translated(transferred) here on this 5.4 + Gi address which I did not do(make)

Transaction
LWROZMQDWHIISQBNZC9LYLIYRTEWPPANBLNIKDXVLRPTOMRZQLOOKGBCRS9HKPFWXLP9UPGXJOUYA9999 copied
Value
5.4 Gi
Conversion
1 642,023 USD
Tag
Index in bundle
5 / 5 Weight magnitude
Address
VYABYQORQSQWFKPUFFWX9OIOMILAIYIKKMVWN9TXAOMW9GDUYHUQSWTRVHWUCCHEPBIJKBKRWOAFFZAJYDFPFNHWCD
Bundle
NPSEVUPBFVJGTPILICIZ9ZRHEDONKIGZJUHIAH9OIBODGSJYBNSPPUILNWQGPFSYJZHVJUBLNKOPCWKLW
Nonce
Text
UBXC9DFDCDMDEAKDPCGDEAWCTCFDTCSASASASASASASASASASASASAJ9SASASASASASASASASASASAKCPDPDPDTASASASASASASASASA

I will be grateful to your help, my native language not English, my native language Russian if there is a possibility the answer please in Russian

@sarmatex555
Thanks for posting with all of the details. I don't speak Russian, and won't risk losing my response in the Google Translate app, so I'll type it out in English:
It looks like this is a theft, and the thief is forging the signatures of transactions from already spent addresses. Sorry to say that these funds are now gone. To avoid this in the future, make sure to avoid reusing any addresses that have ever been previously spent from.

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi @sarmatex555,

welcome to Hello IOTA! 
Sorry I can’t reply in Russian, but I hope you can translate it somehow.
I deleted your post in the other thread because it's confusing to have the same post multiple times in different places on the forum.
Let's just keep everything to this separate topic.

First of all, the IOTA Foundation can not and does not „freeze“ people’s funds.
I assume you’re referring to the reclaims, but that’s a totally different story and it has nothing to do with your situation.

Now, here’s what happened to your funds.
The short version is that things were perfectly fine until you posted your seed today on a public internet forum.
That was a huge mistake and you lost control of your funds only because of this. 

The long version is this:
You made a transaction on June 21st 2018 that never confirmed.
You reattached it yourself the next day, but it stayed pending and it seems like you just forgot about it.
One week ago, someone (apparently calling himself „Kilroy“) has reattached this old transaction and it got confirmed. This by itself is not concerning as anyone can reattach old bundles because every transaction bundle is public once it’s been signed and sent. A reattachment is basically just another copy of exactly this same transaction that gets republished to the tangle again which increases its chance to get confirmed.

The result of Kilroy’s reattachment was that the transaction that you made yourself on June 21st 2018 finally got confirmed one week ago. 1 Miota got sent to the exchange, just where you wanted to send it to in June. The rest of 5.4 Gi went to the next unused address of your own seed. This is the address:

This address must belong to the same seed of yours because this is how all IOTA transactions are supposed to work:
to avoid the reuse of addresses, remaining funds from any address used in a transaction get sent to a fresh, new address of the same seed.
Your own transaction basically got confirmed with a delay of several months, but it’s still the same transaction that you made in June 2018.

Now, after the transaction was confirmed one week ago, your 5.4 Gi were held in the address above and still on your seed. If you’re still using the Lightwallet, you might not have been able to see the balance because after snapshots all old addresses need to be attached to the Tangle again to make the correct balance show up. Apparently, you could only see your 376 Mi, which were on a different address, but you didn’t attach enough old addresses to see your 5.4 Gi. But that doesn't mean that they were gone, you just couldn't see them. It’s not recommended to use the Lightwallet any longer, because it doesn’t get updates anymore and Trinity wallet makes things a lot easier. For example, Trinity has a snapshot transition feature that takes care of this snapshot issue and you should have been able to see your 5.4 Gi if you had used what you call your "old seed" with the Trinity wallet.

However, your funds are not on the address above anymore, they were transferred today after you posted your „old seed" here on the forum.
I know you thought that this seed was empty, but that was not the case. It was not empty before you posted it, but it is empty now because you did so.
What made you think that it's a good idea to post your seed on an internet forum? There's literally nothing that you could do to lose funds faster than this.

I know that this must be a huge shock for you and it really should be! I don't want to be mean to you, but you don't know how transactions work, how a snapshot might hide your balance and that you should never (!) give your seed to anyone. Your seed was also way shorter than recommended.
Please do yourself a favour and try to learn about all these things. And please get the Trinity wallet (latest Desktop version to use is v0.4.6) from here: 
https://github.com/iotaledger/trinity-wallet/releases  

Let me know when you're ready to take care of your funds again.
I'll be more than happy to return your 5.4 Gi once you send me a fresh address from a brand new seed that you have at least two secure backups of.
You did something very stupid today my friend, but you got lucky. Wink

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Alexa
Alexa
Winston - 22 Apr 2019

Transaction
Value
5.4 Gi
Conversion
1 642,023 USD
Tag
Index in bundle
5 / 5 Weight magnitude
Address
Bundle
Nonce
Text

@sarmatex555
Thanks for posting with all of the details. I don't speak Russian, and won't risk losing my response in the Google Translate app, so I'll type it out in English:
It looks like this is a theft, and the thief is forging the signatures of transactions from already spent addresses. Sorry to say that these funds are now gone. To avoid this in the future, make sure to avoid reusing any addresses that have ever been previously spent from.

Hey @Winston!
It could have been a theft for sure after he posted his seed. No need to forge anything. But this time it's just me. Wink

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
sarmatex555
s
Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)Attached to Tangle (256 reputation)
I have placed the old seed as as it seemed to me had 0 balance, I also see 0 balance on mine CLI wallet with this old seed.
Therefore I have written my seed at a forum, but would be glad if I am mistaken, I would be grateful if you could the help to me with return of mine iotas.
It is difficult(complex) to me to understand in what my error(mistake), but thanks that you have explained to me, I will study(investigate) it that you have written,
Not to repeat again this error(mistake) and I think to other people it will be useful studies.
If you can to me the help I will is grateful. You have told to write address, I am afraid to make again that or it is wrong,
I to write my Iota address from an exchange, here it:
TOUWOHDLNLQJMRXHXHZDCFDAXNATGJQUPWSMLWVLKYWMWGFYGHPTWWFR9IWXZEOTQHBICUYADXUDCCHICZCHA9KRFD
Alexa
Alexa
I have placed the old seed as as it seemed to me had 0 balance, I also see 0 balance on mine CLI wallet with this old seed.
Therefore I have written my seed at a forum, but would be glad if I am mistaken, I would be grateful if you could the help to me with return of mine iotas.
It is difficult(complex) to me to understand in what my error(mistake), but thanks that you have explained to me, I will study(investigate) it that you have written,
Not to repeat again this error(mistake) and I think to other people it will be useful studies.
If you can to me the help I will is grateful. You have told to write address, I am afraid to make again that or it is wrong,
I to write my Iota address from an exchange, here it:
TOUWOHDLNLQJMRXHXHZDCFDAXNATGJQUPWSMLWVLKYWMWGFYGHPTWWFR9IWXZEOTQHBICUYADXUDCCHICZCHA9KRFD

Hi @sarmatex555,
I don’t know why your CLI also didn’t show the correct balance, maybe the node you were using was not synched or something.

I understand that it’s really very difficult to understand all this when English isn’t your first language.
But you try and that’s a very good thing! Your decision to ask for help here also was a good thing. Smile

Your first mistake was that you left the old transaction pending for so long. This was not dangerous, but it caused the confusion about what Kilroy did.
In the future, you can avoid this by using Trinity wallet. Go to „Settings“ -> „Advanced Settings“ and put the „Proof of Work Settings“ on „Remote“.
Enable „Auto Promotion“ and check „Notify me about confirmations“. For nodes, this one works well most of the time: https://nodes.thetangle.org:443.
If you do all this, you should be able to avoid pending transactions.

And your other mistake… well, this was really bad, but I’m sure that you’ll never give your seed to anyone again, so this one should be quite easy to avoid.

I’m glad that I could protect your funds from getting stolen and I just returned them to the address you’ve posted.
Please come back to the Forum anytime if you have questions!

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Alexa - 22 Apr 2019
Winston - 22 Apr 2019

Transaction
Value
5.4 Gi
Conversion
1 642,023 USD
Tag
Index in bundle
5 / 5 Weight magnitude
Address
Bundle
Nonce
Text

@sarmatex555

Hey @Winston!
It could have been a theft for sure after he posted his seed. No need to forge anything. But this time it's just me. Wink

Alexa to the rescue yet again.

sarmatex555
s
Hello Alexa,
Sorry for my english,
When my first transaction 1 Mi has appeared for a long time in the status pending,
I have installed CLI and the balance was true and I did not hasten to deduce my balance, simply to hold it till the best times,
Because I knew that at any moment a smog to deduce means even when I had not complete first transaction 1 Mi.
I have no concept why CLI have started to show balance 0, I tasted different nodes, but the balance was 0
Therefore I have thought that my seed empty and have placed it at a forum.
But I am more to make never such mistake, to me have very much luck that you could protect my means and I have not lost it for ever,
The big rarity now to meet such decent and honest people as you. I very much am grateful to you.
On my address have arrived 5.4 Gi + Thanks that protect my funds from getting stolen.
I am very grateful to you for your help and once again want to tell thanks
And I want your of good luck in all to yours affairs and happiness in a life.
Alexa
Alexa
sarmatex555 - 23 Apr 2019
Hello Alexa,
Sorry for my english,
When my first transaction 1 Mi has appeared for a long time in the status pending,
I have installed CLI and the balance was true and I did not hasten to deduce my balance, simply to hold it till the best times,
Because I knew that at any moment a smog to deduce means even when I had not complete first transaction 1 Mi.
I have no concept why CLI have started to show balance 0, I tasted different nodes, but the balance was 0
Therefore I have thought that my seed empty and have placed it at a forum.
But I am more to make never such mistake, to me have very much luck that you could protect my means and I have not lost it for ever,
The big rarity now to meet such decent and honest people as you. I very much am grateful to you.
On my address have arrived 5.4 Gi + Thanks that protect my funds from getting stolen.
I am very grateful to you for your help and once again want to tell thanks
And I want your of good luck in all to yours affairs and happiness in a life.
@sarmatex555

Thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate this.
Your English is good enough to talk to us and it's much better than my Russin ever will be. BigGrin
You’re very welcome. If you feel like you want to give something back, just forward the favour if you meet someone who could use your help.
Karma, you know. Smile
All the best to you, too.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search