pending/stuck transaction

Author
s
Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey guys,
I haven't checked my wallet for a long while, and after successfully reclaiming my iota back then I wanted to send them to a new address around 8 months ago, checking today they seem to be stuck:

Could anyone of you please be so kind and advise me on what to do, I don't know if there was a snapshot in the meantime or if I missed any other important development, as of now ill post my address from where the transaction got initiated from: https://thetangle.org/address/AKZF9UAQLETELYFRVUKQYLLPNAZMJRSLSDMYGWSWELDMAYRBOZQPE9WHYWSWGPAYGLZ9SLXVMURPYSUPZ
and the receiving address: https://thetangle.org/address/FKMDKQKIFBBPOEQOSXEMABJYEOFKLYDAPSHOMJWMDXBMPHPAZXJZJWLYVADGLEZBJAHKSQKXXZKIFJWDD

NOTE: I still do have both of the seeds to both of posted addresses, but neither of them show the balance of the pending 430 miota.
every bit of help is highly appreciated and yes I know such a technical investment demands higher grade of attention in such a fast and ever changing industry, I just honestly didn't have the time and patience to take care of this during the last months. Best regards, sarry lummers

sarry.lummers
s
Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (36 reputation)
ok after reattaching to the tangle a couple of times my 430miota appeared in the address I originally wanted to send them from, my question now, why didnt they ever get sent out back then and can I just initiate a new transfer now? how comes they are being showed as pending transaction in the explorer but are apparently laying on the address I wanted to send them from ( AKZF9UAQLETELYFRVUKQYLLPNAZMJRSLSDMYGWSWELDMAYRBOZQPE9WHYWSWGPAYGLZ9SLXVMURPYSUPZDEKFFDAMY )
Happy to hear your opinion, thanks a lot Smile
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
sarry.lummers - 16 Feb 2019
ok after reattaching to the tangle a couple of times my 430miota appeared in the address I originally wanted to send them from, my question now, why didnt they ever get sent out back then and can I just initiate a new transfer now? how comes they are being showed as pending transaction in the explorer but are apparently laying on the address I wanted to send them from ( AKZF9UAQLETELYFRVUKQYLLPNAZMJRSLSDMYGWSWELDMAYRBOZQPE9WHYWSWGPAYGLZ9SLXVMURPYSUPZDEKFFDAMY )
Happy to hear your opinion, thanks a lot Smile

@sarry.lummers
Thanks for the detailed posts.

You're trying to send a transaction of 430 Mi from this address: 
https://thetangle.org/address/AKZF9UAQLETELYFRVUKQYLLPNAZMJRSLSDMYGWSWELDMAYRBOZQPE9WHYWSWGPAYGLZ9SLXVMURPYSUPZ

and receive the 430 Mi at this address:
https://thetangle.org/address/FKMDKQKIFBBPOEQOSXEMABJYEOFKLYDAPSHOMJWMDXBMPHPAZXJZJWLYVADGLEZBJAHKSQKXXZKIFJWDD

The full 430 Mi balance is still in the first address, and will remain there until you get one of the outgoing transactions to confirm. If you use the newer Trinity wallet, it should be confirmed sooner with another attempt today.
sarry.lummers
s
hi @Winston and thanks a lot for your reply! that means I should update my wallet and then my transaction should be confirmed right? One last question, assuming I am not updating my wallet and try to send a new transaction from my 430mi balance to a different address, would this transaction get through before the other one (the pending one) got confirmed / will it delete/replace the pending transaction?

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (8.7K reputation)
Group: Moderators
sarry.lummers - 21 Feb 2019
hi @Winston and thanks a lot for your reply! that means I should update my wallet and then my transaction should be confirmed right? One last question, assuming I am not updating my wallet and try to send a new transaction from my 430mi balance to a different address, would this transaction get through before the other one (the pending one) got confirmed / will it delete/replace the pending transaction?

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Hi @sarry.lummers
I'm not Winston, but since I saw your transaction still pending and you said you have the seed for the destination address, I took the liberty to confirm your transaction for you. 
You could have done this yourself with Trinity or the Lightwallet by reattaching your old transaction, but you would have to connect to a node that kept the pre-snapshot database from 8 months ago and it can be tricky to find one. However, it's confirmed now and your 430 Mi are here:
https://thetangle.org/address/FKMDKQKIFBBPOEQOSXEMABJYEOFKLYDAPSHOMJWMDXBMPHPAZXJZJWLYVADGLEZBJAHKSQKXXZKIFJWDD

The thing is that Trinity (or any other regular wallet) wouldn't let you make any new transactions while another one was still pending for security reasons.
Transactions also can't get deleted from the Tangle. The only way to "replace" the old transaction with a new one would be the Command Line Interface, but that's quite complicated and might put your funds at risk. You can read more about this here:
https://medium.com/coinmonks/private-key-reuse-detected-what-it-means-and-how-to-unblock-your-funds-383eeb8ca036

So, the safest and easiest way to solve the problem is to get the pending transaction confirmed and this just happened. 
You're welcome. Smile 

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
sarry.lummers
s
Hi @CryptoHamster
Thank you so so much for this!! I have one last question, now that the transaction is confirmed and my funds are safely sitting on this address 
can I go ahead and delete my current wallet (Light Wallet version 2.5.6), download the mentioned Trinity wallet and interact with my funds from mentioned wallet by using the seed of beforehand mentioned address? Or are there any precautions I have to take first? Thank you so much for your help, really highly appreciated and best wishes!
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
sarry.lummers - 3 Mar 2019
Hi @CryptoHamster
Thank you so so much for this!! I have one last question, now that the transaction is confirmed and my funds are safely sitting on this address 
can I go ahead and delete my current wallet (Light Wallet version 2.5.6), download the mentioned Trinity wallet and interact with my funds from mentioned wallet by using the seed of beforehand mentioned address? Or are there any precautions I have to take first? Thank you so much for your help, really highly appreciated and best wishes!

@sarry.lummers
Hey Sarry, as long as you save your seed, you can delete any wallet and then re-access your funds from any other wallet. It's imperative that you save the exact seed.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search