Unable to fully recover missing iota

Author
ivosot
posted 2 Years Ago
HELP
HOT
Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)Attached to Tangle (318 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I like many others have a problem recovering my missing IOTA. I invested in IOTA shortly after the release and a few weeks ago found my balance at 0.
I installed the latest wallet 2.5.4 and started re-attaching and generating new addresses. After 10-15 tries I managed to get back 590 MIOTA, which was my very first purchase. I kept repeating the process to recover the remaining 1,000 MIOTA, but had no success. I went through the reclaim tool and to my understanding now I just have to wait for the 590 MIOTA to appear in the new seed I used with the reclaim tool,  as well as the remaining 1,000 MIOTA which are missing. The one thing, which troubles me is that I am not sure if my missing IOTA is securely stored somewhere and if this is going to work?

Can anyone please help me?
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
ivosot - 8 Dec 2017
I managed to transfer my 590Mi to a new wallet by switching between there two hosts: http://88.198.230.98:14265 or http://176.9.3.149:14265 

Now I want to proceed with the actual reclaim tool. I added my old seed and the new one (the one with the 590Mi), but the proof transaction is still pending. I've been reattaching all day (1h in between), but the proof is still pending. Any fresh ideas on how to proceed with the reclaim tool?

p.s. I had one successful reclaim "Proof transaction confirmed", but I did it before I moved the 590Mi in a new wallet. What I'm trying to do is a second reclaim in a wallet different from the one I used in the first reclaim. I assumed the first reclaim would not be processed as the balance wasn't 0.

@ivosot The only advice I've seen is to just continue reattaching and switching hosts. But I think only the first reclaim gets processed, and since you've already done that, you might actually already be done. There hasn't been a ton of guidance from the Foundation for these fringe situations
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search