Missing IOTA

Author
L
Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been in crypto since spring 2017, Thought it was good practice to utilize offline storage to minimize the chance of theft. Long story short, I got various versions of IOTA light wallet, with the classic situation of 0 funds showing up in the wallet, Don't fear cause you just need to attach right? Fair enough, this worked 2-3 times that my balanced showed 0 over the span of 3-6 months, This time, however, happened around the same time as the "hack" with random seed generators. JAN 2018 or so figured needed to download the new 2.5.7 wallet and reattach. I saw, back then my funds but they never would go from pending to confirm, no matter how many times I generated a new address. I got frustrated after literally spending hours at a time trying to recover my funds.  I gave up at the time and figured once the new wallet came out I would be able to retrieve it. (Since this is classic for IOTA wallet)
Now 5 months later I am back for another shot at recovering my funds, at least to come to a conclusion what the heck happens if my funds were stolen, how do I know, I keep reattaching(generating a new address) hoping that something other than a 0 transaction occurs. I downloaded the trinity wallet and no luck. 
My question is, if I keep generating new addresses will the transaction (if stolen) show up? or will it just generate infinite 0 transactions. How can I find out? so I can either grind away or give up? Any reply would be greatly appreciated and would restore trust and faith in the project. Someone give me some closure or guidance PLEASE!
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
LOSTIOTA - 28 Sep 2018
I have been in crypto since spring 2017, Thought it was good practice to utilize offline storage to minimize the chance of theft. Long story short, I got various versions of IOTA light wallet, with the classic situation of 0 funds showing up in the wallet, Don't fear cause you just need to attach right? Fair enough, this worked 2-3 times that my balanced showed 0 over the span of 3-6 months, This time, however, happened around the same time as the "hack" with random seed generators. JAN 2018 or so figured needed to download the new 2.5.7 wallet and reattach. I saw, back then my funds but they never would go from pending to confirm, no matter how many times I generated a new address. I got frustrated after literally spending hours at a time trying to recover my funds.  I gave up at the time and figured once the new wallet came out I would be able to retrieve it. (Since this is classic for IOTA wallet)
Now 5 months later I am back for another shot at recovering my funds, at least to come to a conclusion what the heck happens if my funds were stolen, how do I know, I keep reattaching(generating a new address) hoping that something other than a 0 transaction occurs. I downloaded the trinity wallet and no luck. 
My question is, if I keep generating new addresses will the transaction (if stolen) show up? or will it just generate infinite 0 transactions. How can I find out? so I can either grind away or give up? Any reply would be greatly appreciated and would restore trust and faith in the project. Someone give me some closure or guidance PLEASE!

@LOSTIOTA 
Hey, thanks for the post. Can you post the address in which your IOTA balance was held? O
LOSTIOTA
L
Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (61 reputation)
Thanks for the reply Winston, I am not sure which address you would want, they all say 0 (out of the 100+ new addresses I had generated, and 157 transfers). The actual transaction I saw that was pending doesn't seem to be coming up, I was wondering if I kept generating new addresses, would this transaction eventually show up. Or is this deleted forever since there has been a snapshot in between? So I imagine you want the address that shows some type of balance?

Edited 9 Months Ago by LOSTIOTA
LOSTIOTA
L
Winston - 28 Sep 2018
[quote]
LOSTIOTA - 28 Sep 2018

@LOSTIOTA 
Hey, thanks for the post. Can you post the address in which your IOTA balance was held? O

Hey any guidance to if I can't find an address with any balance after 200 plus new addresses generated. 

LOSTIOTA
L
Winston? 
LOSTIOTA
L
hey, I found the addresses Winston, had to go to Binance and look through my transaction history. They seem to be stuck in pending over multiple transactions when I look it up with the tangle.org.. Any suggestions?
LOSTIOTA
L
March 12, 2018 22:59:37 - 6 months and 3 weeks ago-823.18 Mi
RID9KXCFJNZDJEYZTLHDEGOIGAL9JNHZUTKBDG9XNHZBYFJNIFLRWCHIGWRCDWAKWPUSEJDZESXFDYPYA
D9FSYBH9OKCTXG9HZRCHEIKIGMHTWFQMVGYCGURHKOAJPUOCXPKUXLZMMIAQWVXJCKRIOTBLA9KH99999 Pending
March 12, 2018 22:58:51 - 6 months and 3 weeks ago0 i
RID9KXCFJNZDJEYZTLHDEGOIGAL9JNHZUTKBDG9XNHZBYFJNIFLRWCHIGWRCDWAKWPUSEJDZESXFDYPYA
SMSHWHNTBQEOZJQNRDBFIRFZIOHGHTCLTKBJFXWWZJPFVMMZ9PZGXXIPBKYBGKUOMYIJBAMALBCY99999 Pending

UDXJTNSZMJOUYMPSXPF9BGTXAKKAVBHTFSUEHLEWUWVKZ9HGNCBIMIGUCZWWKTZDQUEBOJGOKAFCA9999 Pending

Address
9RQOPGMSHMJCTPPLLWAHWMXIEXUGPALXPTVNWILJWFUSONVBOZFAKC9KPWWAU9BMEKHYEHBETZEGKYNZDNTRNTRZOD

LOSTIOTA
L
Here is my stuff
RID9KXCFJNZDJEYZTLHDEGOIGAL9JNHZUTKBDG9XNHZBYFJNIFLRWCHIGWRCDWAKWPUSEJDZESXFDYPYA copied
March 12, 2018 22:57:23 - 6 months and 3 weeks agoPending
3 inputs
9RQOPGMSHMJCTPPLLWAHWMXIEXUGPALXPTVNWILJWFUSONVBOZFAKC9KPWWAU9BMEKHYEHBETZEGKYNZDD9FSYBH9OKCTXG9HZRCHEIKIGMHTWFQMVGYCGURHKOAJPUOCXPKUXLZMMIAQWVXJCKRIOTBLA9KH99999-823.18 Mi
LRDHIN9RNVYKMPBDXQTMYA9NPIMOZJRCVEQBOJH9BAJBDMHIY9GMBBPHHEETTQKWE9SDUIJNSPJQKVWKCFPZSSBCGCNYK9UNZTVENUEABZKKOEHQUEFHOMNJPJLAJGEFBUNRUCJJMSLAQVROJZGVNQILLMQBA99999-796.2 Mi
ERZHFIKOBSXQSHLITEGWUL9GH9XABZ9XLVIQNBSEBIDYWVHCUPQFAUDBPYDSQGSFTSXLJYKWUGOBNZQBBLEZGSDVFYN9HNIENIXDLAITMQYZZEMHNCHCYYRV9OOEAZIJMG9YWQIERXSKBPCVJGDKVWIMAZNGS99999-323.68 Mi

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search