Zero balance and blank history??!!! Pleases help if you can.

Author
W
Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am running v2.5.7.  I had a correct balance as recently as three days ago.   If my iota were stolen, then wouldn't that at least show up in my history?  How is this possible?

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
WordmanEric - 16 Aug 2018
I am running v2.5.7.  I had a correct balance as recently as three days ago.   If my iota were stolen, then wouldn't that at least show up in my history?  How is this possible?

Hi @WordmanEric,
can you please post the address that should hold your funds?
We can then look it up on a tangle explorer and see if your funds got transferred or not.
You might as well just be logged in with a wrong seed or connected to an unsynced node.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
WordmanEric
W
Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)Attached to Tangle (247 reputation)
Alexa - 16 Aug 2018

Hi @WordmanEric,
We can then look it up on a tangle explorer and see if your funds got transferred or not.
You might as well just be logged in with a wrong seed or connected to an unsynced node.

I never kept any records of where my funds were stored!!   I'm sure that I logged in correctly because the checksum is familiar.  And I don't see how it's possible that I'm connected to an unsynced node because I can use that node to successfully log in with my test seed where I keep a tiny balance. 

Am I completely out of luck?  I don't understand how the history can be blank.  Even if my funds were stolen, wouldn't that show up in history?
WordmanEric
W
Alexa - 16 Aug 2018

Hi @WordmanEric,

O.K. I do have an address for you:
DY9GTVAXEPNOJEXEOGSLXYJCIXDEOIJFYVLRBWOVEPZOCTYNFFZGBDISTUBNWHFTTSFTKGODBYMTVYLIZRANCCWRAX

And I actually see my correct balance when I paste it into thetangle.org!!!!

So, I am relieved about that. But why can't I see my balance or history in my wallet? And how can there be a problem with the node when I can successfully log in with my test seed and see the correct balance for that?

WordmanEric
W
Alexa - 16 Aug 2018

Hi @WordmanEric,

O.K., I finally had success after trying several nodes.
I am just very confused as to how some nodes can work for one seed, but not another seed!!
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Alexa - 16 Aug 2018

Hi @WordmanEric,

O.K., I finally had success after trying several nodes.
I am just very confused as to how some nodes can work for one seed, but not another seed!!

Alright, good to know that you figured it out! 
Maybe it has to do with the number of addresses/ transactions and/ or the transaction dates.
Connecting to a synched node is always the first thing to do before log in, it saves a lot of trouble.
And knowing where your funds should be at is also very useful.
If you know your addresses, you don't even have to use the wallet and bother with nodes and stuff just to check your balance. 

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search