from Confirmed to Pending

Author
C
Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I'm using version 2.5.7  IRI 1.3.5 on Windows 7 and yesterday, I sent two transaction from Bitfnex to Wallet B. (sent 1 first then waited for it to be confirmed before doing the other one).
At this point all was good.

Then I created a new seed for a new wallet - wallet C on the same computer.
I generated a receive address for wallet C + Attach, then logout of wallet C.
Logged into wallet B and sent a transaction to wallet C  and waited for it to be confirmed before logging out of wallet B.

When I logged into Wallet C,
the transaction remained unconfirmed and there seemed to be nothing I can do to change that.

To my surprise, today when I logged into wallet B, the two  transaction from Bitfinex that were confirmed yesterday are now shown as pending and consequently my balance has been greatly affected.
Similarly, the outbound transaction from wallet B to Wallet C is also now in a Pending state - whereas yesterday, it was confirmed.
The two withdrawals from Bitfinex are shown as completed.
Any idea what's happening?

Cheers,
Cecil.

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Cecil - 13 Aug 2018
Hi,
I'm using version 2.5.7  IRI 1.3.5 on Windows 7 and yesterday, I sent two transaction from Bitfnex to Wallet B. (sent 1 first then waited for it to be confirmed before doing the other one).

Logged into wallet B and sent a transaction to wallet C  and waited for it to be confirmed before logging out of wallet B.

the transaction remained unconfirmed and there seemed to be nothing I can do to change that.

To my surprise, today when I logged into wallet B, the two  transaction from Bitfinex that were confirmed yesterday are now shown as pending and consequently my balance has been greatly affected.
Similarly, the outbound transaction from wallet B to Wallet C is also now in a Pending state - whereas yesterday, it was confirmed.

Cheers,
Cecil.

Hi @Cecil 
sounds like you're connected to an unsynched node.
Just pick a good one from here https://iotasalad.org/nodes and you should be fine.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Cecil
C
Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (156 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alexa - 13 Aug 2018
Cecil - 13 Aug 2018
Hi,

Cheers,
Cecil.

Hi @Cecil 
sounds like you're connected to an unsynched node.
Just pick a good one from here https://iotasalad.org/nodes and you should be fine.

Hi Alex, you are absolutely correct. 
Many thanks.
Cheers, Cecil.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search