Change of light wallet and IOTA recovery

Author
j
Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Apologies for those who must be tired of these queries - i have been away from handling any of my IOTA or Light Wallet for near on a year now and can't find a solution in previous posts. 
I made the transition to light wallet 2.4.0 - IRI 1.3.1 whenever that was, and successfully could see all my balance. I have since returned and am unable to find a node to connect to on this old wallet type. I have downloaded the newest 2.5.7 and tried to see if my old wallet seed would work on this . I suspect this is all fairly obvious to those who actually understand all this! What should I be doing?

many thanks
HELP
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi jwcharl,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

Your seed will work with the latest version of the lightwallet. But if you can't see your balance, this could have a bunch of reasons. It could be because of snapshots or because your funds have been secured by the Foundation in October or because of an unsynched node.

I think you should read this post first:
https://forum.helloiota.com/588/Help-My-IOTA-balance-is-zero-steps-to-help-you-find-your-balance-v257

Please let us know if this helps...

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search