ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED!

Author
E
Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello I'm a new one. I need currently help with my Light wallet or Trinity wallet. There is at the moment no posibillity to send IOTA to my Bitfinex or other Walletaddress. It always comes the ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED!
You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's `one-time` nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by promoting/reattaching, before sending another transaction or by Trinity Wallet Warning: Funds on spent addresses, Sending from the same address more than once is dangerous.
Please help me, how can I'm changing my Sending address ???
It is possible to take a answer in german ?
Thank you for all you help ! 
Andreas

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Excalibur - 6 Aug 2018
Hello I'm a new one. I need currently help with my Light wallet or Trinity wallet. There is at the moment no posibillity to send IOTA to my Bitfinex or other Walletaddress. It always comes the ERROR: PRIVATE KEY REUSE DETECTED!
You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's `one-time` nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by promoting/reattaching, before sending another transaction or by Trinity Wallet Warning: Funds on spent addresses, Sending from the same address more than once is dangerous.
Andreas
@Excalibur
Hi Andreas,

welcome to Hello IOTA!
We have special thread for this topic with some links to great articles that I recommend you to read:
https://forum.helloiota.com/15975/Error-Private-Key-Reuse-Detected-How-to-unblock-your-funds

If you need real-time assistance with this, best join our Discord and go to the German #hilfe channel.
You can ping HBMY289#1458 there. He wrote the articles and he speaks German. Here's a Discord invite: https://discord.gg/hgbDnBd

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Edited Last Year by Alexa
Excalibur
E
Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)Attached to Tangle (226 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alexa - 7 Aug 2018
Excalibur - 6 Aug 2018
Andreas
@Excalibur
Hi Andreas,

welcome to Hello IOTA!
We have special thread for this topic with some links to great articles that I recommend you to read:
https://forum.helloiota.com/15975/Error-Private-Key-Reuse-Detected-How-to-unblock-your-funds

If you need real-time assistance with this, best join our Discord and go to the German #hilfe channel.
You can ping HBMY289#1458 there. He wrote the articles and he speaks German. Here's a Discord invite: https://discord.gg/hgbDnBd

Dear Alexa ;o)),

I‘m not a informatic studient but the only way to solve my problem is to using the Command Line Interface (CLI) !!!
I have only problems with the Lightwallet. Last September I lost 3 Giga IOTA after a SNAPSHOT !!!
I don’t know to make a reclaim !
Bitcoin Wallets are 100% surer and not so complicated !!!
I've wasted so much time and hours now and I'm very frustrated. But thank you for your big help !, at least I see some light for my locked IOTA.
Sincerly Andreas

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Excalibur - 7 Aug 2018
Alexa - 7 Aug 2018
Excalibur - 6 Aug 2018
Andreas
@Excalibur
Hi Andreas,

welcome to Hello IOTA!

Dear Alexa ;o)),

I‘m not a informatic studient but the only way to solve my problem is to using the Command Line Interface (CLI) !!!
I have only problems with the Lightwallet. Last September I lost 3 Giga IOTA after a SNAPSHOT !!!
I don’t know to make a reclaim !
Bitcoin Wallets are 100% surer and not so complicated !!!
I've wasted so much time and hours now and I'm very frustrated. But thank you for your big help !, at least I see some light for my locked IOTA.
Sincerly Andreas

@Excalibur
Well, you don't have to be an IT guy to use the CLI. I know it's intimidating at first, but it's not too hard if just you follow the steps.
Maybe you could also just replay the old bundle without the CLI, but I'd have to take a look at the address to see if that would make sense in your case... However, if you run into any problems, HBMY289 is the right guy to talk to. 

About the snapshot: funds never "get lost" because of snapshots. If you really lost them, there's a different reason for this.
Please post the address where those 3 Gi should be at and I'm sure we can figure out what happened and what to do.
If you don't know which address holds them, just go to the exchange where you bought them and find the address in the withdrawal history. 

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search