CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED how to reclaim?

Author
F
Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Like many others I was wondering about my balance being 0.
I looked an older adress up on the page and it appears on this list
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

showing 

FEMCXBJVO9YMCPPRBOVQWXLULMOXNRMOUDVOYFHBSWBIBFRQREHQIHPZQOSULUMOIKDMJGEKRCWQCPBJI; 6406913000; CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED

what does this mean and how do I get my iotas back? I tried the reclaim tool with a newly generated seed but when I put my old seed in I dont receive any tokens (the transaction balance shows 0 when I look it up on iotasear.ch too).
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi FlyingLizard3,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

The funds from the address you’ve posted need to be reclaimed with the reclaim tool in the Lightwallet, so you did the right thing.

Did you finish it up to the point when the reclaim tool displays the address where your funds will be sent to?
If you did, you're fine.

As the reclaims are processed in batches manually by the IOTA Foundation, your funds won't show up immediately. You'll have wait for the next batch to be processed, but nobody knows when this will happen.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
FlyingLizard3
F
Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)
Hi Alexa,

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah I hope this will work out.. The only concern that I have is, that I have two possible seeds where my iotas could lay on..
I did the reclaim process with the two old seeds directly after each other but with the same newly generated seed.
Just after I've done that I read that it could possibly not work if some 0 index of a seed is not empty..
do you have any idea about that? could my iotas possibly get lost in this case?

thanks a lot already,
cheers
FlyingLizard3
Alexa
Alexa
FlyingLizard3 - 25 Jul 2018
Hi Alexa,

Thanks for your reply!
Yeah I hope this will work out.. The only concern that I have is, that I have two possible seeds where my iotas could lay on..
I did the reclaim process with the two old seeds directly after each other but with the same newly generated seed.
Just after I've done that I read that it could possibly not work if some 0 index of a seed is not empty..
do you have any idea about that? could my iotas possibly get lost in this case?

thanks a lot already,
cheers
FlyingLizard3

If an old seed still has balance, you'd get an error from the reclaim tool telling you exactly this. And if that one address you posted hasn't been transitioned, that will be true for any address of the same seed and all the funds will have been secured for this reason.

Don't worry, it should be good. Just don't use your new seed for anything until all your funds have been returned. Even if it doesn't work as expected, your funds won't be lost and we'll figure it out. Smile

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
FlyingLizard3
F
ok thank you - that calms my mind Smile
just one more thing:
the iotasear.ch shows that the values of my transactions when reclaming the funds are 0, is that of matter?
and secondly: what can I do with the address that the reclaming tool is giving me at the very end?

cheers, I really appreciate your efforts!!
FlyingLizard3

Alexa
Alexa
FlyingLizard3 - 25 Jul 2018
ok thank you - that calms my mind Smile
just one more thing:
the iotasear.ch shows that the values of my transactions when reclaming the funds are 0, is that of matter?
and secondly: what can I do with the address that the reclaming tool is giving me at the very end?

cheers, I really appreciate your efforts!!
FlyingLizard3

That's two more things, but that's alright. You can ask as many as you want. BigGrin
The reclaim transactions are always 0 value transactions. The only thing that matters is that both have to be confirmed.
You only get the address at the end after they confirm, so that should be fine.

For peace of mind, you can log into the wallet with your new sed and check if the first address is the same that the reclaim tool showed you.
This way you'll know that you don't have a typo in your new seed. 
You can also use the address to look it up on a tangle explorer from time to time to see if your funds are back yet without having to use your new seed for this.

FlyingLizard3
F
Thank you very much!!
FlyingLizard3
F
alright, so now I looked up my end adresses as the reclaim processes gave them to me and for all three of them it tells me "Unconfirmed".. does this mean my reclaim was rejected?.....

FlyingLizard3
FlyingLizard3
F
before when I wanted to look them up I always got an 404 error
Alexa
Alexa
FlyingLizard3 - 26 Jul 2018
alright, so now I looked up my end adresses as the reclaim processes gave them to me and for all three of them it tells me "Unconfirmed".. does this mean my reclaim was rejected?.....

FlyingLizard3

The address doesn't have to be attached to the tangle and confirmed, it doesn't matter at all.
But: why do you have three addresses from the reclaim tool? You said you always used the same new seed, so the address at the end should have been the same each time. 

To look up things on a tangle explorer, better use thetangle.org instead of iotasear.ch. It's more reliable and faster.

FlyingLizard3
F
hey alexa,
I thought It did not work the first reclaim so I crated two more seeds and did the reclaim two more times, once for every old address :V
sorry I did not mention it to make it less confusing...

But then I will just wait for a while and check the seeds every now and then Smile

what do you think how long will it take for the batch to be posted?

Cheers, thank you
FlyingLizard3
Alexa
Alexa
FlyingLizard3 - 27 Jul 2018
hey alexa,
I thought It did not work the first reclaim so I crated two more seeds and did the reclaim two more times, once for every old address :V
sorry I did not mention it to make it less confusing...

But then I will just wait for a while and check the seeds every now and then Smile

what do you think how long will it take for the batch to be posted?

Cheers, thank you
FlyingLizard3

The next batch should be processsed this week.
Since there's no way for us to tell which reclaim worked and which didn't, we have to see what happens now. You might have successfully reclaimed more than once to different new seeds, which would have triggered the KYC process. But maybe you got lucky and only one attempt was successful. We'll wait and see...
Please don't do anything else for now, just keep all your seeds sorted and try not to confuse them.

FlyingLizard3
F
okay thank you - I will get in touch again in 7 days ok? Wink
Cheers,
FlyingLizard3
Alexa
Alexa
FlyingLizard3 - 28 Jul 2018
okay thank you - I will get in touch again in 7 days ok? Wink
Cheers,
FlyingLizard3

Hey @FlyingLizard3 

a batch of reclaims got processed today, but only for claimants from before April 29th: 

You'll have be patient for a while still. But they're working on it....

FlyingLizard3
F
Alright thank you!
what would you roughly guess - how many weeks will it take?

Thank you Alexa..

Best Regards,
FlyingLizard3
Alexa
Alexa
FlyingLizard3 - 4 Aug 2018
Alright thank you!
what would you roughly guess - how many weeks will it take?

Thank you Alexa..

Best Regards,
FlyingLizard3

Well, my guess would be just as good (or bad) as yours.
I honestly have no idea.

FlyingLizard3
F
Hi Alexa, 
Do you know if there were any more batches processed?
Sincerely,
FlyingLizard3
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search