Wallet 2.5.7- latest snapshot - unknown new adresses between old adresses

Wallet 2.5.7- latest snapshot - unknown new adresses between old...
Author
M
Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, today I tried restore my balances in wallet 2.5.7 after the latest snapshot. I have two seeds. Final balances from both seeds were finally displayed correctly (although once wallet show request error). However, what is weird to me, that number of adresses, which I had to generate was larger then I expected. I have 6 adresses with iotas "on one seed", but I had to generate 7 adresses to reach final balance. One adress (with zero balance) wallet generated between old adresses on which I have my iotas. This new address I saw today for the first time. Similarly it was happen for second seed. I have 2 addresses on which I have iotas. However, I had to generate 4 adresses to reach final correct balance. Two new addresses, which I saw today for first time (with zero balances) were generated between old adresses on which I have funds. After previous snapshot, I normally generated correct number of addresses to reach final correct balance. Generation of addresses from seed is deterministic. How is possible to see now new addresses if I ever generated only addresses on which I have funds. Can someone explain this? Does someone experience same thing?
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hey @Merkur,
thanks for your post!
I don't have an explanation right now. But if you post these unknown addresses, we can look them up on thetangle.org and see it we find one.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Merkur
M
Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (53 reputation)
Hello, below are unknown addresses generated from two seeds:
HCUGZXZYLVTZFK9ZILIKDIMXMZ9GGFWSXOMHTTDTWWPBYLNTXCBWHOJRZNBRWMEPMRCVDFTONOMTRONU9FTZTOTLQX
unknown addresses from second seed:
ZPUMPJCDTEYDORTSWNNS9HGIPCAGNQIJTTUXMGXJARJCBNGRSALPLTCIIISRQSKVISGBYBZ9IJNHKJDSWF9R9HKEZZ
FNZPEUJOTLZDYSWJMUMCFZTVJOYVKMOXEPIQYUDORCABEJFDI9YHTKLTDCCXVRQDWTBXZMETJFMZROJXZDZA9TOZWW
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Merkur - 21 Jul 2018
Hello, below are unknown addresses generated from two seeds:
HCUGZXZYLVTZFK9ZILIKDIMXMZ9GGFWSXOMHTTDTWWPBYLNTXCBWHOJRZNBRWMEPMRCVDFTONOMTRONU9FTZTOTLQX
unknown addresses from second seed:
ZPUMPJCDTEYDORTSWNNS9HGIPCAGNQIJTTUXMGXJARJCBNGRSALPLTCIIISRQSKVISGBYBZ9IJNHKJDSWF9R9HKEZZ
FNZPEUJOTLZDYSWJMUMCFZTVJOYVKMOXEPIQYUDORCABEJFDI9YHTKLTDCCXVRQDWTBXZMETJFMZROJXZDZA9TOZWW

Thanks for posting these!
It shows on the tangle explorer that these addresses have indeed never been attached before. But you need to attach one address before you can generate the next one. So, to my understanding these shouldn't be between your regular addresses because you're totally right about address generation being deterministic.
That's really a very interesting question!
Maybe someone else can answer it.
In general for the more technical questions I think this is the best place to ask: https://iota.stackexchange.com/.
If you get any explanation, it would be really great if you could also post an update here!

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Merkur
M

Up to now, I received one answer to my question on https://iota.stackexchange.com :

"Would be interesting which index the unknown addresses were generated from (and which indexes are for the correct addresses). My only guess is that the indexes of the unknown addresses are higher than the indexes of the real addresses and while requesting spent addresses a node had a hiccup and claimed address 6 (for example) to be spent so the wallet generated & attached address 7 first, and then later when the node worked again it generated & attached address 6."

Edited Last Year by Merkur
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search