Reclaim Tool

Author
t
Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello everybody!

I have been trying to reclaim my IOTA & move it to my new seed. However, after getting 'proof transaction confirmed' notification despite all of my efforts I cannot submit seed. My balance appears to be 'zero' on both my old & new accounts. I do not want to freak out, but this is a little bit frustrating. I would greatly appreciate your help!!

Kind regards,
Titanmachine
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
titanmachine - 28 Nov 2017
Hello everybody!

I have been trying to reclaim my IOTA & move it to my new seed. However, after getting 'proof transaction confirmed' notification despite all of my efforts I cannot submit seed. My balance appears to be 'zero' on both my old & new accounts. I do not want to freak out, but this is a little bit frustrating. I would greatly appreciate your help!!

Kind regards,
Titanmachine

Hey @titanmachine, thanks for the post. I moved this thread over to the Help forum just so that we can keep things organized around here.

So it sounds like you've completed both phases of the reclaim process, culminating in confirmation of the proof transaction. Can you explain at which step you are unable to submit your seed?
titanmachine
t
Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (35 reputation)
Dear Winston,
Thank you! This is the notification I am getting each time I'm trying to submit my old seed.If you cannot view the pictures, the first one says: 
"Error while submitting seed. Please try again." The following image is basically the wallet where I am getting a notification 'Proof transaction confirmed' on a green background.

Edited 7 Months Ago by titanmachine
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Dear Winston,
Thank you! This is the notification I am getting each time I'm trying to submit my old seed.If you cannot view the pictures, the first one says: 
"Error while submitting seed. Please try again." The following image is basically the wallet where I am getting a notification 'Proof transaction confirmed' on a green background.

@titanmachine Could you try hosting the image on imgur.com and posting the link here? This forum seems to have trouble posting pictures for some reason
titanmachine
t
Winston
Winston

@titanmachine Thanks for posting those. It's very clear that you have successfully complete the reclaim process. That means that you'll simply need to wait for the IOTA Foundation to start processing reclaims until you're able to see your balance again. In other words, your balance will still be 0 until the Foundation can start processing claims. You can keep an eye on the claim progress via this thread: https://forum.helloiota.com/1242/Reclaim-Status

Even after seeing the screenshot of the 'Error while submitting seed', I'm still confused as to what screen that is. Does it throw that error when you try to login to the wallet? Is that an error after closing out of the reclaim screen?
titanmachine
t
I get that error as soon as I submit my old and new seeds.

I open the IOTA Light Wallet --> go to tools --> press reclaim tool --> enter old seed and new seed --> it takes me to this page

https://imgur.com/a/LK8CA

When I click submit seed, I get 'Error while submitting seed' notification.
Winston
Winston
I get that error as soon as I submit my old and new seeds.

I open the IOTA Light Wallet --> go to tools --> press reclaim tool --> enter old seed and new seed --> it takes me to this page

https://imgur.com/a/LK8CA

When I click submit seed, I get 'Error while submitting seed' notification.

@titanmachine Ah! I see now. Since your proof has already been confirmed (and you've completed the whole reclaim process successfully), pressing submit seed again just throws an error. You're done. All you need to do now is wait for the IOTA Foundation to start processing reclaims, and then you'll be able to see your balance when they do that. You can follow the status of their reclaim processing here: https://forum.helloiota.com/1242/Reclaim-Status
titanmachine
t
Dear @Winston

I have been checking the site regularly, but haven't hear any updates from the IOTA Foundation on processing reclaims. Meanwhile, I have tried to edit my note configuration and started generating various transaction hashes. None of them show the correct number stored in my old seed.

What should I do?

Edited 6 Months Ago by titanmachine
Winston
Winston
titanmachine - 20 Dec 2017
Dear @Winston

I have been checking the site regularly, but haven't hear any updates from the IOTA Foundation on processing reclaims. Meanwhile, I have tried to edit my note configuration and started generating various transaction hashes. None of them show the correct number stored in my old seed.

What should I do?

@titanmachine You won't see your balance yet. You need to wait for the IOTA Foundation to actively process your balance. So you can just wait until that happens.
titanmachine
t
Dear @Winston,

Happy New Year's! This is my original account, I have logged into my new account I've created for the reclaim process. However, the balance is still 0. 
Transaction Hash 1: BUUWCSSZLRCYNMW9G9QZZRBTGBGIBPMQTUQGLKZCKNG9WSTGWAIJGCJREZXTMQGSY9ILFUXT9GEXZ9999
Transaction Hash2: V9LSUABDRKMYKSMAVU9FPHCQWLAJNZUIRXKPOKPWBDXOUHXADXBHPBAWLXXBLHSGWJLHKVRDDPQQZ9999

Edited 5 Months Ago by titanmachine
Winston
Winston
titanmachine - 1 Jan 2018
Dear @Winston,

Happy New Year's! This is my original account, I have logged into my new account I've created for the reclaim process. However, the balance is still 0. 
Transaction Hash 1: BUUWCSSZLRCYNMW9G9QZZRBTGBGIBPMQTUQGLKZCKNG9WSTGWAIJGCJREZXTMQGSY9ILFUXT9GEXZ9999
Transaction Hash2: V9LSUABDRKMYKSMAVU9FPHCQWLAJNZUIRXKPOKPWBDXOUHXADXBHPBAWLXXBLHSGWJLHKVRDDPQQZ9999

@titanmachine
Thank you, and happy new year to you and your family/friends as well!

This screenshot shows your balance as reflected pre-snapshot. So you'll need to wait for the IOTA Foundation to process your reclaim in order for this balance to become available in your wallet again. Transaction hash number 2 that you posted looks like the hash from your reclaim, so that confirms that you performed the reclaim process correctly.
Edited 5 Months Ago by Winston
titanmachine
t
Dear @Winston

I am still waiting for the IOTA Foundation to process my reclaim. I was wondering whether if I've followed the steps in a wrong order:

Old Address: TCOIJLVROCYTZ9URFNOAALUHEYGFXXCAGSEJGOBHCNUWMRYGQYPWYRINDCIGKVDDP9VSKHLNLNHSCTQAH
New Address: NBQEXJSJTF9ATYDQUOVTUWRT9IDGNCQJUMKXGXPBVSFPWXZYLXZFMWJNPMIAGHYMLEEZYMHEDQPSDNZ9M
Transaction Hash: V9LSUABDRKMYKSMAVU9FPHCQWLAJNZUIRXKPOKPWBDXOUHXADXBHPBAWLXXBLHSGWJLHKVRDDPQQZ9999

After going through the reclaim process I received a new address with 'CWX' extension. I've been checking the account regularly for the past several days, but the balance is still 0.

PS: It says on https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

"CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED"

Should I use the reclaim tool again, and generate a new address?

Winston
Winston
titanmachine - 13 Jan 2018
Dear @Winston

I am still waiting for the IOTA Foundation to process my reclaim. I was wondering whether if I've followed the steps in a wrong order:

Old Address: TCOIJLVROCYTZ9URFNOAALUHEYGFXXCAGSEJGOBHCNUWMRYGQYPWYRINDCIGKVDDP9VSKHLNLNHSCTQAH
New Address: NBQEXJSJTF9ATYDQUOVTUWRT9IDGNCQJUMKXGXPBVSFPWXZYLXZFMWJNPMIAGHYMLEEZYMHEDQPSDNZ9M
Transaction Hash: V9LSUABDRKMYKSMAVU9FPHCQWLAJNZUIRXKPOKPWBDXOUHXADXBHPBAWLXXBLHSGWJLHKVRDDPQQZ9999

After going through the reclaim process I received a new address with 'CWX' extension. I've been checking the account regularly for the past several days, but the balance is still 0.

PS: It says on https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cyclux/2bb05d873c4ec6115cad1d100263d489/raw/612a49e46091586957448f6606ea981ab18022e7/snapshot_validation_20171023.txt

"CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED"

Should I use the reclaim tool again, and generate a new address?

@titanmachine
Thanks for the detailed information.

Your old address doesn't appear on the list of KYC addresses, so you're good to go there.

Your new address, however, doesn't show up on tangle explorers. This suggests that it was never attached to the tangle, something that would have happened if the reclaim process was completed properly. Because of this, I suspect that you accidentally didn't get a confirmation on the last step of the reclaim process.

This isn't a big deal at all, and just means that you'll want to go ahead and re-do the reclaim process while making sure to get the final steps confirmed
titanmachine
t
Dear @Winston

Thanks for your input! I re-did the reclaim process and got another address. However, this time it says that my seed is too long: >81...

I am really lost now, the process is pretty straight forward. Am I missing something?
titanmachine
t
Dear @Winston

What I have done so far is...

1) Found my balance using IOTA-Balance-Finder Tool --> TCOIJLVROCYTZ9URFNOAALUHEYGFXXCAGSEJGOBHCNUWMRYGQYPWYRINDCIGKVDDP9VSKHLNLNHSCTQAH
2) Generated a new address for the reclaim process [used offline address generator tool] --> NBQEXJSJTF9ATYDQUOVTUWRT9IDGNCQJUMKXGXPBVSFPWXZYLXZFMWJNPMIAGHYMLEEZYMHEDQPSDNZ9M 
3) After checking the transaction hash via iotasear.ch (confirmed), I saved the reclaim address
4) The reclaim address has 90 characters; I removed 9 characters from the end - but that account still has 0 funds.

5) Generated another 'new address' thinking there might be a glitch [used offline address generator tool] --> YOKQIQJGETBUZGQH9MYPSZWVUKAFVY99CGGHSBIBLSO9WPQZVQNVSJZQDFOYIKRXZOKZ9GHHPYB99UDJI
6) New Transaction Hash: VXOXEPWLCJIBMZVMNL9N9PP9NRIUUHAHGNSDKPAHODXGDFFHVKXPLGTNNWIOQZOBZCOKHJGXNYWIA9999
7) The new reclaim address also has 90 characters; I removed 9 characters from the end - unfortunately, this account also has 0 funds. 

Can you please guide me in the right direction?

PS: I have never used my old wallet. I transferred my funds to the original account around 6 months ago.

Winston
Winston
titanmachine - 15 Jan 2018
Dear @Winston

What I have done so far is...

1) Found my balance using IOTA-Balance-Finder Tool --> TCOIJLVROCYTZ9URFNOAALUHEYGFXXCAGSEJGOBHCNUWMRYGQYPWYRINDCIGKVDDP9VSKHLNLNHSCTQAH
2) Generated a new address for the reclaim process [used offline address generator tool] --> NBQEXJSJTF9ATYDQUOVTUWRT9IDGNCQJUMKXGXPBVSFPWXZYLXZFMWJNPMIAGHYMLEEZYMHEDQPSDNZ9M 
3) After checking the transaction hash via iotasear.ch (confirmed), I saved the reclaim address
4) The reclaim address has 90 characters; I removed 9 characters from the end - but that account still has 0 funds.

5) Generated another 'new address' thinking there might be a glitch [used offline address generator tool] --> YOKQIQJGETBUZGQH9MYPSZWVUKAFVY99CGGHSBIBLSO9WPQZVQNVSJZQDFOYIKRXZOKZ9GHHPYB99UDJI
6) New Transaction Hash: VXOXEPWLCJIBMZVMNL9N9PP9NRIUUHAHGNSDKPAHODXGDFFHVKXPLGTNNWIOQZOBZCOKHJGXNYWIA9999
7) The new reclaim address also has 90 characters; I removed 9 characters from the end - unfortunately, this account also has 0 funds. 

Can you please guide me in the right direction?

PS: I have never used my old wallet. I transferred my funds to the original account around 6 months ago.

@titanmachine
Alright, I'll respond to each step:
1. Correct :check:
2. You generated a seed. This is an important distinction, because a seed is much different than an address.
3. Again, this could mean that you saved the new seed, the transaction hash, or the new address. Unclear as to which it was from the description.
4. Reclaims have to be processed by the IOTA Foundation. If you checked your new address (within your new seed), it will remain with a zero balance for the foreseeable future until the Foundation begins round number two of the reclaims process. Also, you can copy the full address into tangle explorers - no need to remove the 9 character checksum on the end.
5. N/A
6. N/A
7. N/A

So we just need to wait for the next announcement from the Foundation with details on when the next round of reclaims will begin. Stay updated here on the forum and we'll get everything figured out eventually. Thanks for posting these details of your situation.
titanmachine
t
Thank you very much for your reply @Winston

I didn't know that a seed was different than an address :/ Should I generate an address, and do the reclaim process once again?
3) I saved the new address generated after going through the reclaim process

Winston
Winston
titanmachine - 15 Jan 2018
Thank you very much for your reply @Winston

I didn't know that a seed was different than an address :/ Should I generate an address, and do the reclaim process once again?
3) I saved the new address generated after going through the reclaim process

@titanmachine
Here's a quick explanation of a seed: https://helloiota.com/generate-seed.html

And here's a quick rundown of addresses (and how they work): https://iotasupport.com/how-addresses-are-used-in-IOTA.shtml

You create a seed, and then you login to the wallet with that seed. Within the wallet you generate lots of addresses. So if you already have a safe seed, you shouldn't need to generate another one. Does all of that make sense?
titanmachine
t
yep got it! Thank you very much @Winston
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search