Help with reclaim

Author
J
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been faithfully hodling my IOTA's that I purchased a long time ago with faith that they were securely tucked away in my wallet. (which I haven't checked for quite some time).  Today I went to check my wallets and lo and behold ZERO balance.  WTF.  I have been researching all night on what to do.  I am not super computer savvy and to say the least I am VERY frustrated.  I tried attaching and generating new addresses for hours with no luck.  All the help I found on forums etc. was written as if we are all computer programmers. Can somebody explain to me (and I assume many other people) in plain english what we need to do to get our investment back.  What is this reclaim stuff?  All I know is my seed that I safely stashed away.  PLEASE help.... it will be greatly appreciated.  Not only is my money at stake but that of a aging family member who entrusted me to invest because he couldn't invest easily in IOTA because he lives in the U.S.  
To anybody who can help...........THANK YOU
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
JasonJanes - 28 Nov 2017
I have been faithfully hodling my IOTA's that I purchased a long time ago with faith that they were securely tucked away in my wallet. (which I haven't checked for quite some time).  Today I went to check my wallets and lo and behold ZERO balance.  WTF.  I have been researching all night on what to do.  I am not super computer savvy and to say the least I am VERY frustrated.  I tried attaching and generating new addresses for hours with no luck.  All the help I found on forums etc. was written as if we are all computer programmers. Can somebody explain to me (and I assume many other people) in plain english what we need to do to get our investment back.  What is this reclaim stuff?  All I know is my seed that I safely stashed away.  PLEASE help.... it will be greatly appreciated.  Not only is my money at stake but that of a aging family member who entrusted me to invest because he couldn't invest easily in IOTA because he lives in the U.S.  
To anybody who can help...........THANK YOU

@JasonJanes Thanks for posting, Jason. I've moved your post into the Help forum so that we can keep this place organized and get you the best assistance possible. This stuff can definitely be very frustrating, but it's actually all pretty doable if we take it step by step.

I'm assuming that you've read the instructions thread already. Is that correct? https://forum.helloiota.com/588/Help-My-IOTA-balance-is-zero-steps-to-help-you-find-your-balance-v254
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search