IOTA Distribution

Author
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
mausarm
m
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
May I ask the question:
Who controlled the 2800000000 MIOTA in the beginning? 
I really hope the IOTA foundation gets enough profit to run a decent amount of full nodes.
Or do I have a wrong idea of the money flow here? (Sorry, I am new to IOTA - but I love it Smile
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
mausarm - 27 Nov 2017
May I ask the question:
Who controlled the 2800000000 MIOTA in the beginning? 
I really hope the IOTA foundation gets enough profit to run a decent amount of full nodes.
Or do I have a wrong idea of the money flow here? (Sorry, I am new to IOTA - but I love it Smile

@mausarm That's a good question. The entire money supply (so that's the entire 2800000000 MIOTA) was distributed in the 2015 crowdsale. 0% was kept for the developers. A few months later, the community was generous enough to donate 5% of their holdings to form a non-profit foundation that would support the vision of the core developers. You can read a bit more about the origins of IOTA on this old version of the wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=IOTA_%28technology%29&oldid=794124120
mausarm
m
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you for the answer. So everything the IOTA foundation is doing now and in future has to be paid from this 5% plus the funds from the crowdsale. That seems feasible. I am relieved.  
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search