Iota on bitfinex help!!!!!

Author
Scott J
Forum Admin (21K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@Klausob3r I don't have time to go into your whole argument, but please do not list contact details for IOTA Support and ask people to send in complaints.

IOTA Support is a community run site and has no relation to the foundation - at all!

You are asking people to send in complaints to some guys who try to help people by providing tutorials. 
esssgeee
e
Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It is now 4 days since I tried to send my IOTA from bitfinex to my lightwallet and still nothing.
I got some popup on bitfinex asking me please not to cancel and resubmit deposits and that deposits would be processed from 24hours on as there is a backlog.During this time my support ticket and my further addendum thereto , has not been responded to.

How is this practice professional and acceptable for an exchange? What is our recourse for this treatment people?
Klaus ob3r
K
Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)
I am still suspicous that the owls are not what they seem in this peculiar case of Mt.-Gox-esque stall in IOTA trading that we have in place right now; Bitfinex and Binance IOTA trading is actually as good as out of order and non-working. But I have read on this forum that there should be a snapshot of the network next week, and then the IOTA network is supposed to return to it's full functionality. IOTA rose from .30 to 4 so there is a huge amount of extra money in the hands of the IOTA makers, and I think every later explanation for not being real fast in firing up a whole array of super-potent full nodes internationally, thus causing this total network congestion, will be quite lame. Still I am looking forward to reading the official reaction to this strange and questionable execution of the IOTA concept.

Or is it a strategy to push people into upgrading to full node?

Own a secret pocket and you own the world.
esssgeee
e
Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)
its Day 5 and still waiting for Bitfinex while they are 'processing' my transfer of IOTA from bitfinex to my light wallet.
still no response to support tickets.

poor show bitfinex !! :-(
Klaus ob3r
K
Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)Master IOTAn (20K reputation)
It took Bitfinex 8 days for my last transfer. The network seems functional, but extremely slow. We are back trading. The most common guess is that the scarce full IOTA nodes out there get congested by the massively increased number of users. People investing are told by other people who manage forums that they should not complain about an experimental beta technology, and set up full nodes instead.

Right now, at IOTA, you can watch an epic fail in communication strategy roll out in real time.

Taking the young age of IOTA as the only excuse for the wrecked behavior of its infrastructure is a downright shame; I have but read no other explanation. What I did see was quite a few forum moderators yell out "come back in a few years if you want save conditions" and that is a disturbing way of reacting to the contemporary mess and the mostly reasonable complaints. Not only does the IOTA network’s capability seem to be inversely proportional to its number of users and transactions. This fact has also not been communicated anywhere in IOTA's public presentation (severe mistake #1) so people invested without knowing. The technology has risen tremendously in value due to its promise, and momentarily shows it can not keep up to its promise (extremely severe mistake #2) but no one seems to take the money and use it to keep IOTAs promise (ultimately severe mistake #3). The IOTA Foundation has so far failed to offer a public statement and a strategy how to deal with the mess (#4).

The IOTA community has a right to know what is going on and the IOTA Foundation must come forward with an explanation. It is way overdue.

esssgeee
e
No doubt Klaus that it has affected the volume and price of IOTA of late. I agree with you , it is worrying that it fell over like this when one of its big pitches was the scalability of tangle as compared to 2nd gen blockchain. I would have thought that the huge volume would have meant transactions would have flown out the door.

Are there IOTA devs visiting this forum , or representatives from Bitfinex or is this purely community plebs .
I might be prepared to run a VPS linux node , I am directed to good setup instructions thereto
curvian
curvian
Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)
Dude, relax. You're spreading unnecessary FUD.

IOTA is early days tech. There will be ups and downs.

Soon there will be a snapshot, a major upgrade and also UCL wallet.

Investing in any new tech is a risky business. Especially crypto. If you do not understand the risk you're in the wrong game.

Klaus ob3r
K
Here in Austria FUD is used as slang word for female genitalia, but humor aside: All I want to say is that we can all be glad that I am writing about this in some obscure forum, and not the FT, Forbes or Fox News.

Klaus ob3r
K
PS I do not care about the risk zero. I consider all my crypto investments as money gone.

esssgeee
e
esssgeee - 11 Dec 2017
its Day 5 and still waiting for Bitfinex while they are 'processing' my transfer of IOTA from bitfinex to my light wallet.
still no response to support tickets.

poor show bitfinex !! :-(

Captain log ...
Day 6 - no coins have showed up yet. Over
Klaus ob3r
K
There are now a few more options for trying to get your IOTA from the online exchange into your wallet. No experience yet but at least Bitfinex and Binance are no longer the only options. Go to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#markets

esssgeee
e
Klaus ob3r - 12 Dec 2017
There are now a few more options for trying to get your IOTA from the online exchange into your wallet. No experience yet but at least Bitfinex and Binance are no longer the only options. Go to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#markets

Thanks for that ,pity Bittrex is not listed there. I have found them very reliable.  I could cancel the 'still processing' and send to one of those exchanges , but i then its going throught their IOTA wallet then to me , I might make it worse !  Im not sure, maybe ill try a small amount through one of those and report back her
Klaus ob3r
K
Many exchanges have, like Bittrex, not yet listed the IOTA - it is not on Kraken, Bitpanda, Bitcoin.de etc. 
And yes esssgeee do not cancel the transaction, it will only prolong the waiting and congest the network additionally Smile

noiota
n
Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)
Hi all

waiting now for 5 days for my withdrawal to be executed by bitfinex. Still says processing processing processing...
One question: 5 days ago I created an address in my light wallet and attached it to the tangle --> no error etc. But in the history it says "persistence pending" for 5 days. Is this a problem?
I re broadcasted my address at least a hundred times and connected to different backend servers...

Regards
noiota
curvian
curvian
Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)Attached to Tangle (856 reputation)
noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Hi all

waiting now for 5 days for my withdrawal to be executed by bitfinex. Still says processing processing processing...
One question: 5 days ago I created an address in my light wallet and attached it to the tangle --> no error etc. But in the history it says "persistence pending" for 5 days. Is this a problem?
I re broadcasted my address at least a hundred times and connected to different backend servers...

Regards
noiota

It's not a problem. Address attachment does not need to be confirmed.
Bitfinex reattaches txs every hour or so and then gradually slows down.
You could just wait or replay the transactions from your side, every hour or so, until confirmed.
But there sholdn't be anything to worry about. Bitfinex handled previous snapshot pretty good.
New IRI software will be released shortly which should start speeding up things, and some time after that another snapshot will occur.

esssgeee
e
curvian - 12 Dec 2017
noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Hi all

Regards
noiota

You could just wait or replay the transactions from your side, every hour or so, until confirmed.
But there sholdn't be anything to worry about. Bitfinex handled previous snapshot pretty good.
New IRI software will be released shortly which should start speeding up things, and some time after that another snapshot will occur.

Hi Curvian, how do you know this ?
curvian
curvian
esssgeee - 12 Dec 2017
curvian - 12 Dec 2017
noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Hi all

Regards
noiota

Hi Curvian, how do you know this ?
Hi, how do I know what?
Edited 2 Years Ago by curvian
noiota
n
Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (6 reputation)
Thx curvian, I look forward to get my withdrawal then. 
I guess esssgeee meant how do you know that bitfinex reattaches txs every hour and that there will be a new release of the IRI.

Thx!
esssgeee
e
noiota - 12 Dec 2017
Thx curvian, I look forward to get my withdrawal then. 
I guess esssgeee meant how do you know that bitfinex reattaches txs every hour and that there will be a new release of the IRI.

Thx!

correct Noiota (luv your name)
esssgeee
e
Day 7 . Bitfinex has still not transferred my IOTA.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search