IOTA SEED

Author
w
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, i just downloaded the light wallet on my mac, now i have to open it, but it asks me for giving in the seed. What i find weird is that i do not find where i can find or where i do create a seed for that wallet. With most other wallets there is a passphrase or something i can use and copy to use as my seed. So really do not get it here? 

So any help here would be appreciated, please?

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hi @weske83,
thanks for your post and welcome to Hello IOTA!

There's no option in the Lightwallet for generating a seed. But don't worry, you'll figure it out.

A seed is the proof of ownership of your tokens and your own responsibility. It's very important that you create and store your seed in a secure way to avoid losing your IOTA. Read all about how to safely generate and store your seed in the following blog post: 
https://blog.iota.org/the-secret-to-security-is-secrecy-d32b5b7f25ef

Do not use any online seed generator, any website or any third party tool to generate your seed, ever! 
Do not give your seed to anyone, no matter what.
Please let us know if you have any more questions!

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
weske83
w
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Very much appreciated, for your response and very helpful blog post. It makes more sense now on how to generate a seed password! Thanks Wink
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
weske83 - 8 Jul 2018
Very much appreciated, for your response and very helpful blog post. It makes more sense now on how to generate a seed password! Thanks Wink
You're very welcome! Smile

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search