TX pending for 3 weeks

Author
T
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
Nothing new here I am sure, however I need help with pending transactions. I received the following message when trying to send more funds:

"You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's `one-time` nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by promoting/reattaching, before sending another transaction."

Having checked, I can see that the tx is still pending.I have used thetangle.org to review the transactions and the following information was generated:

Transactions 5
June 18, 2018 11:03:08 - 2 weeks and 6 days ago 600 Mi
SNPBBUXMOOHVPUHHOAATDATVGBDKY9KAYCUXOBRPAGBHRGZODKKUIMEY9SBPLOCY99PHNPCTKSCL99999 Pending
June 18, 2018 10:52:39 - 2 weeks and 6 days ago 600 Mi
ZVRRXSVLGYLZRFSOO9LOMRHXXFMCHBTHGUCIHWLXLNNF9NOKSNR9HZZWDVMIPJMASWMFSM9VLWDOA9999 Pending
June 18, 2018 10:40:17 - 2 weeks and 6 days ago 600 Mi
QGAKMCHWXNDGVREDYQKPNHAMZDDDTWIQXVVNQZTMFQQU9EPAO9LKP9YFEOABRDXWZHZRXBASGGQKZ9999 Pending
June 18, 2018 10:32:21 - 2 weeks and 6 days ago 600 Mi
DZLWTNTRPYCYJLJPGEBAJFJODORXWRU9AFZESLLZZIYUKFOTOVUCYBCLU9PKHNKXXPWOAWKTFWDS99999 Pending
June 18, 2018 10:14:34 - 2 weeks and 6 days ago 600 Mi
DSNWDZBCRFTVSPVM999NUIKCG9YRYUPCYSEMNHQ9MHYGUCNPEPJ9AWRWAOVXXXTAYPGDVAPP9YBT99999

The funds were requested to move from my lightweight IOTA wallet to my exchange account on Bitfinex. Light wallet running v2.5.7 on Max OS v10.13.5. I have tried a number of things suggested on the web, however to no avail. Can someone assist in letting me know how to cancel or confirm the transactions and the best way to send thereafter.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
HELP
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Hi all,
Nothing new here I am sure, however I need help with pending transactions. I received the following message when trying to send more funds:

"You are attempting to sign a transaction with input that have an already been used. IOTA uses Winternitz one-time signature (W-OTS) scheme, due to it's `one-time` nature, the security of funds in an address decreases rapidly if you re-sign new transactions using the same key. Please wait for previous transaction to confirm, e.g. by promoting/reattaching, before sending another transaction."

Having checked, I can see that the tx is still pending.I have used thetangle.org to review the transactions and the following information was generated:

Transactions 5
SNPBBUXMOOHVPUHHOAATDATVGBDKY9KAYCUXOBRPAGBHRGZODKKUIMEY9SBPLOCY99PHNPCTKSCL99999 Pending
ZVRRXSVLGYLZRFSOO9LOMRHXXFMCHBTHGUCIHWLXLNNF9NOKSNR9HZZWDVMIPJMASWMFSM9VLWDOA9999 Pending
QGAKMCHWXNDGVREDYQKPNHAMZDDDTWIQXVVNQZTMFQQU9EPAO9LKP9YFEOABRDXWZHZRXBASGGQKZ9999 Pending
DZLWTNTRPYCYJLJPGEBAJFJODORXWRU9AFZESLLZZIYUKFOTOVUCYBCLU9PKHNKXXPWOAWKTFWDS99999 Pending
DSNWDZBCRFTVSPVM999NUIKCG9YRYUPCYSEMNHQ9MHYGUCNPEPJ9AWRWAOVXXXTAYPGDVAPP9YBT99999

The funds were requested to move from my lightweight IOTA wallet to my exchange account on Bitfinex. Light wallet running v2.5.7 on Max OS v10.13.5. I have tried a number of things suggested on the web, however to no avail. Can someone assist in letting me know how to cancel or confirm the transactions and the best way to send thereafter.

Hi @TrolleyPig,
welcome to Hello IOTA!
It's not possible to cancel pending transactions. But your transaction is confirmed now via https://www.iotareatta.ch/. 
The Private Key Reuse Error should be gone now, too.
Please let me know if you still run into any problems.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
TrolleyPig
T
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Alexa - 8 Jul 2018
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Hi all,

Transactions 5

Hi @TrolleyPig,
welcome to Hello IOTA!
It's not possible to cancel pending transactions. But your transaction is confirmed now via https://www.iotareatta.ch/. 

For whatever reason it has still not cleared and I still have the same message popping up when I try and send. Any ideas what I am to do?
Alexa
Alexa
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Alexa - 8 Jul 2018
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Hi all,

Transactions 5

Hi @TrolleyPig,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

For whatever reason it has still not cleared and I still have the same message popping up when I try and send. Any ideas what I am to do?

Maybe the node you're connected to isn't in synch.
Go to Tools -> Edit Node Configuration -> select "Custom" in the dropdown list and paste either https://sakura.iotanode.jp:443 or http://nodes.iota.fm:80 in the empty field. Click "SAVE" and log in with your seed. You should then see the correct balance (which should be 600 Miota less than before your transaction was confirmed). If your balance is shown correctly but you still get the Error, you should read this: https://medium.com/coinmonks/private-key-reuse-detected-what-it-means-and-how-to-unblock-your-funds-383eeb8ca036

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
TrolleyPig
T
Alexa - 8 Jul 2018
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Alexa - 8 Jul 2018
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Hi all,

Transactions 5

Hi @TrolleyPig,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

Go to Tools -> Edit Node Configuration -> select "Custom" in the dropdown list and paste either https://sakura.iotanode.jp:443 or http://nodes.iota.fm:80 in the empty field. Click "SAVE" and log in with your seed. You should then see the correct balance (which should be 600 Miota less than before your transaction was confirmed). If your balance is shown correctly but you still get the Error, you should read this: https://medium.com/coinmonks/private-key-reuse-detected-what-it-means-and-how-to-unblock-your-funds-383eeb8ca036

So good news, this worked, thank you so much, it is very much appreciated.....however there is no balance showing in Bitifnex! I have contacted them for this (unless you have any ideas?)

For the second TX, it is still pending, can you resolve the same as you did the original TX?

Address: MHRKNONPEZUGD99EMDCRFGPERVARNT9999YJMJASMJJPWMHMFCZZMZHKFGRMYXRBUQNKJLTJIPFOASBIAAZVBUHOUD
TX: VCWEHOXTQKYODTUFVTEHYJBQCRBMVON9MDJCWNEMLWWILLBOUPAMTGSUCAEVEP9OFSEPTEUNSICN99999
Alexa
Alexa
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Alexa - 8 Jul 2018
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Alexa - 8 Jul 2018
TrolleyPig - 8 Jul 2018
Hi all,

Transactions 5

Hi @TrolleyPig,
welcome to Hello IOTA!

So good news, this worked, thank you so much, it is very much appreciated.....however there is no balance showing in Bitifnex! I have contacted them for this (unless you have any ideas?)

For the second TX, it is still pending, can you resolve the same as you did the original TX?

Address: MHRKNONPEZUGD99EMDCRFGPERVARNT9999YJMJASMJJPWMHMFCZZMZHKFGRMYXRBUQNKJLTJIPFOASBIAAZVBUHOUD
TX: VCWEHOXTQKYODTUFVTEHYJBQCRBMVON9MDJCWNEMLWWILLBOUPAMTGSUCAEVEP9OFSEPTEUNSICN99999

After confirmation of a deposit transaction on the Tangle, it’s entirely up to the receiving exchange to credit your deposit to your account. 
Usually it just takes a while for the exchange to complete its internal process. Can be minutes, hours or sometimes even days in extreme cases. 
There's nothing you can do but wait. I've never seen any deposit really "get lost" though and if you’ve opened a support ticket already, I'm sure Bitfinex will get back to you and credit your deposit.

Your second transaction is confirmed. Smile

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search