Transactions pending unconfirmed, everything tried out - PLEASE HELP

Transactions pending unconfirmed, everything tried out - PLEASE HELP
Author
C
Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am using the latest desktop Light Wallet distribution, and I am having the following problem :
I have some stuck pending transactions, which cannot get confirmed for an unknown reason for such a long time.
I tried to re-attach them several times, but that did not help (also please note, that after reattaching, I could not promote any of the transactions due to some Request Error).
However I did not get any 'Private Key Reuse' error notification during broadcasting the transactions, I tried out, what was recommended in those cases; so I tried to send a new transaction via the client application. Sending the transaction itself with the client was itself a success, but that transaction is still pending as well.

Details :

My IOTA Account : DVZCWAAYKEWNJWVORJISROHUUM9H9BWWUJASNQXVJJHTYNEIBVCARWGQHUUSSKKKQXOJKDHFPCXNPNNUAUZAFXJCZB

Transaction Bundle Hashes (please consider only transaction from 21st and 22nd of June):
OWSOOQDVHHTIOQGRWLQOJOBIQQXYRRT9SBXVCXQGCOVNHAQZBVMJCBJADPRUYKNZXNQBTOBHR9HMZ9999
CFZYJDSNZTZFLPBTJGMEJNWEYHSPROUXQJHHRU9M9EHZQFSKCVAXHJPHFRURRTXKTSMTFE99JCFUA9999
APMOTSJHMAKHBRNRLFBU9LUUQYISPOLBTEJHEA9ZIQENOJZYWXZWBNCWJYVPJZQUMUOAWQEWNR9RZ9999
YUPTCBRHEJPUAYHILXPXURSXCOIHZ9JMITBZZBP9HICPYBQPAVNTJOZHUKVXQWVQJUGOIYBXYEYWZ9999
HXZEXIDTIKBEMPIUTRVEXXJCGOURTQVPI9G99IYUJBBXZIENPLZ99FKDYWGHFNIMVRVD9WHNVTVTZ9999
XWWZXYD9NP99BZNUADISYBDCKXFQVFZEPE9TEGATNCWMVVWKDXAWEAGKEJQMJSSBCRNYERRPQYRT99999
EEBDYCZWKSBMNTUASLPMZHMSYQDUVFUZJJEYBIIPLWNWR9WQVFPHDCKMJFUFWTJNVDORLMJRBRIYZ9999
XP9ZHLSYXZJBGBIGSVWDTJMXTTMTWHBUANTRVNORQXEDMYHJYZUUTGFTRUDCPEFFVQ9GRVUVMFIUA9999
YGRIUMAMLZFYXJGMPKPYVDXQLGSFPXPURHYAHWPCTRQFUOBXUXFGBEWBFOZPZRKPVMXAE9SLIKPCZ9999

Please help me how to proceed further,
Thanks,
-Andie

HELP
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
CryptoFreak666 - 22 Jun 2018
Hi,

I am using the latest desktop Light Wallet distribution, and I am having the following problem :
I have some stuck pending transactions, which cannot get confirmed for an unknown reason for such a long time.
I tried to re-attach them several times, but that did not help (also please note, that after reattaching, I could not promote any of the transactions due to some Request Error).
However I did not get any 'Private Key Reuse' error notification during broadcasting the transactions, I tried out, what was recommended in those cases; so I tried to send a new transaction via the client application. Sending the transaction itself with the client was itself a success, but that transaction is still pending as well.

Details :

My IOTA Account : DVZCWAAYKEWNJWVORJISROHUUM9H9BWWUJASNQXVJJHTYNEIBVCARWGQHUUSSKKKQXOJKDHFPCXNPNNUAUZAFXJCZB

Transaction Bundle Hashes (please consider only transaction from 21st and 22nd of June):
OWSOOQDVHHTIOQGRWLQOJOBIQQXYRRT9SBXVCXQGCOVNHAQZBVMJCBJADPRUYKNZXNQBTOBHR9HMZ9999
CFZYJDSNZTZFLPBTJGMEJNWEYHSPROUXQJHHRU9M9EHZQFSKCVAXHJPHFRURRTXKTSMTFE99JCFUA9999
APMOTSJHMAKHBRNRLFBU9LUUQYISPOLBTEJHEA9ZIQENOJZYWXZWBNCWJYVPJZQUMUOAWQEWNR9RZ9999
YUPTCBRHEJPUAYHILXPXURSXCOIHZ9JMITBZZBP9HICPYBQPAVNTJOZHUKVXQWVQJUGOIYBXYEYWZ9999
HXZEXIDTIKBEMPIUTRVEXXJCGOURTQVPI9G99IYUJBBXZIENPLZ99FKDYWGHFNIMVRVD9WHNVTVTZ9999
XWWZXYD9NP99BZNUADISYBDCKXFQVFZEPE9TEGATNCWMVVWKDXAWEAGKEJQMJSSBCRNYERRPQYRT99999
EEBDYCZWKSBMNTUASLPMZHMSYQDUVFUZJJEYBIIPLWNWR9WQVFPHDCKMJFUFWTJNVDORLMJRBRIYZ9999
XP9ZHLSYXZJBGBIGSVWDTJMXTTMTWHBUANTRVNORQXEDMYHJYZUUTGFTRUDCPEFFVQ9GRVUVMFIUA9999
YGRIUMAMLZFYXJGMPKPYVDXQLGSFPXPURHYAHWPCTRQFUOBXUXFGBEWBFOZPZRKPVMXAE9SLIKPCZ9999

Please help me how to proceed further,
Thanks,
-Andie

Hi @CryptoFreak666
welcome to Hello IOTA!
We need to act really fast now, but just to be sure: which one do you want to you want to confirm?
1. https://thetangle.org/bundle/C9XKKKCRZTSTIULAWWLKBXUHGJSZOIDPDWD9VSNOIVIWUK9CIWFAGAJWBWQJCCLKXDZKFOSUHVNDTWBZW

2. https://thetangle.org/bundle/CAQGJQDDZWWAOIEHBIPXTGUATQERCCTZFPETXIAYGQASHFNIJBQJHCBQIECLVCWXVHOEHKXKPDDRCNTFW

Also, please stop reattaching for now!

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Alexa
Alexa
@CryptoFreak666
By using the CLI, you've reused your addresses' private keys which put your funds at risk of being stolen. 
Time was of the essence here and when I felt like you didn't reply quickly enough, I just decided to confirm No. 2 because it was the most recent transaction. It's done now and you shouldn't get this error anymore.

In the future, please do not use the CLI app unassisted. The Lightwallet's (and also Trinity's) private key reuse error is a safety measure, which is there for a very good reason. The CLI doesn't have this protection and should only be used as a last resort if there isn't any other solution. Instead of forcing a private key reuse with the CLI, the best and safest solution would have been to just get your first pending transaction confirmed, which would have been possible without putting your funds at any risk. 

If you ever run into any problems again, please just post here on the Forum or on Discord's #help channel and have someone take a look at your options first. Discord user HBMY289 recently wrote a very good blogpost on the private key reuse error, which is really worth the time to read both parts to understand the issue: https://medium.com/@hbmy289/latest

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
CryptoFreak666
C
Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (38 reputation)
Dear Alexa,

Excuse me, that I could not reply to you immediately.
I truly appreciate your prompt reply and getting the confirmation for the most recent transaction of mine and clarification. I would never ever use the client version anymore without a professional party recommending it.
I'd ask for one more assistance of getting the confirmation of below transaction (this was created by me now by the Light Wallet) :

I appreciate your assistance again,
Br
Andie

https://thetangle.org/transaction/LHM9UD9EZYOFKNYGIDNZZ9TBJ9JNYGVSS9OXZJMTWVEBTHYBTBYHOOOSEATJBPMXWRPAHEPZMGXDA9999
Alexa
Alexa
Dear Alexa,

Excuse me, that I could not reply to you immediately.
I truly appreciate your prompt reply and getting the confirmation for the most recent transaction of mine and clarification. I would never ever use the client version anymore without a professional party recommending it.
I'd ask for one more assistance of getting the confirmation of below transaction (this was created by me now by the Light Wallet) :

I appreciate your assistance again,
Br
Andie

https://thetangle.org/transaction/LHM9UD9EZYOFKNYGIDNZZ9TBJ9JNYGVSS9OXZJMTWVEBTHYBTBYHOOOSEATJBPMXWRPAHEPZMGXDA9999

Confirmed. Smile
All I did was to promote it on https://tangletools.org/basics.
When you make a transaction, make sure to promote it a few times right after sending and reattach it if it's not confirmed after 30 minutes.
Then promote the reattachment. Repeat until it's confirmed...
You're very welcome! Please come back any time if you run into any issues.

CryptoFreak666
C
I Love You ! You rock.... I tried the promotion with the light wallet many times, but that did not work. And again I learned something new that with the online tool, the promotion works just fine Smile
You made my day !
Have a wonderful weekend !

-Andie

Alexa
Alexa
I Love You ! You rock.... I tried the promotion with the light wallet many times, but that did not work. And again I learned something new that with the online tool, the promotion works just fine Smile
You made my day !
Have a wonderful weekend !

-Andie

Awww, that’s really sweet. Smile
I’m happy I could help you! Have a great weekend too, Andie!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search