IOTA not arriving

Author
j
Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi, sent IOTA yesterday to wallet on exchange. Shows in my history as confirmed yet my balance is still the same, and my exchange wallet shows 0. This has been 28 hours now. 
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jhmblvd - 29 May 2018
Hi, sent IOTA yesterday to wallet on exchange. Shows in my history as confirmed yet my balance is still the same, and my exchange wallet shows 0. This has been 28 hours now. 

@jhmblvd
Thanks for the post. Please copy/paste the transaction hash here so that we can take a look at it together on a tangle explorer.

jhmblvd
j
Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)Attached to Tangle (487 reputation)
Winston - 30 May 2018
jhmblvd - 29 May 2018

@jhmblvd
Thanks for the post. Please copy/paste the transaction hash here so that we can take a look at it together on a tangle explorer.

Thank you it finally went through. Took two days to do so but it arrived. 
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jhmblvd - 30 May 2018
Winston - 30 May 2018
jhmblvd - 29 May 2018

@jhmblvd

Thank you it finally went through. Took two days to do so but it arrived. 

@jhmblvd 
Great, thanks for the update.
jhmblvd
j
I tried to send IOTA to Binance last week. It has been almost 5 days and it is just now showing up as Pending at Binance. When I open the wallet it always says No Connection, then I have to play around with settings and nodes hoping I will get connected. There's these tools to reclaim, to reattach, but I don't know what or when to do this. It just seems like a wallet that would work would be a sort of basic of any crypto currency. Is there anything one can do to make this work? I mean seriously 5 days and it's still not there? If IOTA is meant to work with IOT I would think that it would need to be fast! Am I doing something wrong? 
Also I notice that the wallet shows it's using up to 56% of my CPU, then it drops to 8% then to 0%. When I click SHOW BUNDLE, Nothing happens.just shows the history, shows 10 Transfers, 6 addresses, and pending. Though my balance shows the same amount there is a pending tx on Binance? Do you recommend going to another wallet? I've seen the Trinity wallet is that recommended? It seems pretty new. Also, is there a way to move your coin to the new wallet safely? 

Thanks
Edited Last Year by jhmblvd
Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
jhmblvd - 26 Jul 2018
I tried to send IOTA to Binance last week. It has been almost 5 days and it is just now showing up as Pending at Binance. When I open the wallet it always says No Connection, then I have to play around with settings and nodes hoping I will get connected. There's these tools to reclaim, to reattach, but I don't know what or when to do this. It just seems like a wallet that would work would be a sort of basic of any crypto currency. Is there anything one can do to make this work? I mean seriously 5 days and it's still not there? If IOTA is meant to work with IOT I would think that it would need to be fast! Am I doing something wrong? 
Also I notice that the wallet shows it's using up to 56% of my CPU, then it drops to 8% then to 0%. When I click SHOW BUNDLE, Nothing happens.just shows the history, shows 10 Transfers, 6 addresses, and pending. Though my balance shows the same amount there is a pending tx on Binance? Do you recommend going to another wallet? I've seen the Trinity wallet is that recommended? It seems pretty new. Also, is there a way to move your coin to the new wallet safely? 

Thanks

Hi @jhmblvd,

if a transaction isn't confirmed after 30 minutes, its chances to ever get confirmed become very low.
To help it confirm, you should reattach after 30 minutes. Don't use the reclaim tool, that's meant for differnet thing.
You can either reattach in the wallet (as long as you are connected to a synced node) or use any of these sites: 
https://www.iotareatta.ch/
https://tangletools.org/basics
http://pro.iota.fm/reattach.html

If nothing works, feel free to post your pending transaction hash here or on Discord #help channel and someone will try to push it through for you.

If you'd like to try Trinity wallet, you need to know that it is still in Beta and only available for Android and iOS so far. Here's the link for the Android version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iota.trinity
If you want to use it on an iPhone you'd better ask on the Discord as I'm not sure how to get it, something about "Testflight".
Trinity automatically promotes and reattaches your transaction, as long as you keep the app running.
When you start Trinity, it will ask you if you have a seed already and you can just use the same seed as in the Lightwallet.
No need to transfer your funds.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search