Balance 0

Author
M
Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi

I was checking my balance before and on some servers it showed up as 0 and some with the correct amount. Now it only shows up with 0 and there are no transactions. Does this have to do with the snapshot thing I read about that was to happen on the 29th? If so, do I need to do anything or will this sort itself out?
Moody1X
M
Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)Attached to Tangle (514 reputation)
I found this after doing some searching;
https://iota-news.com/iota-snapshot/

For anyone having the same problem, there is a complete guide for restoring the balance. It seems to be working all right.

Follow up question;
1) Will this be resolved in future updates of IOTA? Having to do a bunch of re-attachments does not seem very optimal.

2) Is there any risk of funds getting lost while the snapshot is happening, or if funds lets say have not been recovered over a span of multiple snapshots?

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Moody1X - 30 Apr 2018
I found this after doing some searching;
https://iota-news.com/iota-snapshot/

For anyone having the same problem, there is a complete guide for restoring the balance. It seems to be working all right.

Follow up question;
1) Will this be resolved in future updates of IOTA? Having to do a bunch of re-attachments does not seem very optimal.

2) Is there any risk of funds getting lost while the snapshot is happening, or if funds lets say have not been recovered over a span of multiple snapshots?

@Moody1X 
Thanks for the post.
1) This is a front-end/user interface issue almost entirely. Any stateful wallet won't have the issue of not remembering which addresses belong to the seed. Right now, that's not the case.

2) ... With that being said, there's no risk of losing funds during the snapshot process. Your balance is contained across various addresses within your wallet, and those addresses are still in the distributed ledger on both sides of the snapshot. Snapshots only pare down addresses with zero balance, so you're not at risk for losing funds from addresses that contain positive balances.

Here's a good read about what goes on "behind the scenes" : https://blog.iota.org/the-april-29-2018-iota-snapshot-and-iri-1-4-2-4-behind-the-scenes-7e034babcd44
Moody1X
M
Thank you @Winston !

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search