Withdrawal from Binance hasn't appeared in My Iota Wallet

Author
C
Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Help Needed Please,

Yesterday night I withdrew 599 MIOTA from my Binance account in to my IOTA Light Wallet v2.5.7.

Binance shows the withdrawal to be completed, i clicked on the transaction ID and that too says the transaction was completed 4 hours ago.

I have logged in to my IOTA Light Wallet and the balance remains at zero.

One thing I am concerned about is that I hadn't clicked Receive and my address wasn't attached to the tangle at the time of withdrawal, other than that I don't know what else i can do to find out where my IOTA is...

Any help would be much appreciated

The seed is correct.

HELP
Scott J
Scott J
Forum Admin (21K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Welcome to the forum, Charlie. 

It doesn't matter that you hadn't attached your address to the tangle before receiving - the funds will still be in your address. Do click Receive -> Attach To Tangle now though, as this may be causing them to not be visible. 

When you say the transaction is completed, do you mean you have checked the transaction on an explorer (https://iotasear.ch) and it says confirmed? Please check this and let me know. 
Charlie.elias
C
Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)Attached to Tangle (239 reputation)
Scott J - 24 Apr 2018
Welcome to the forum, Charlie. 

It doesn't matter that you hadn't attached your address to the tangle before receiving - the funds will still be in your address. Do click Receive -> Attach To Tangle now though, as this may be causing them to not be visible. 

When you say the transaction is completed, do you mean you have checked the transaction on an explorer (https://iotasear.ch) and it says confirmed? Please check this and let me know. 

Hi Scott, thank you for the response, yes on https://iotasear.ch I searched with the transaction ID and the Delivery address and it says confirmed.
May it be delayed in the Tangle somewhere?

Other than that I am stumped for ideas...

Any Ideas?

Scott J
Scott J
Hi Charlie, 

If it is confirmed then it should be visisble in your wallet. 

Can you log in with your seed and click Receive -> Attach to Tangle until you have attached the address that contains the iota. 

If you think you may have done this, please go to History -> Addresses and check that you can find your address there.  

Lastly, make sure that you are connected to a synced node. Tools -> Edit Node Configuration. Choose Custom and then enter: https://field.carriota.com:443

Please let me know how you get on.

Charlie.elias
C
Scott J - 25 Apr 2018
Hi Charlie, 

If it is confirmed then it should be visisble in your wallet. 

Can you log in with your seed and click Receive -> Attach to Tangle until you have attached the address that contains the iota. 

If you think you may have done this, please go to History -> Addresses and check that you can find your address there.  

Lastly, make sure that you are connected to a synced node. Tools -> Edit Node Configuration. Choose Custom and then enter: https://field.carriota.com:443

Please let me know how you get on.

Now when i click Receive, attach to tangle,
Charlie.elias
C
Sorry, I have just managed to attach to the tangle, after a long time trying. Wasn't allowing me to connect for a while... should I generate a new address?

Would it help if you were to see the address?

I have changed the Node configuration to the one you suggested as well.

However in History, there are no addresses or transfers.
Thanks again for your help. 

Scott J
Scott J
Hi Charlie,

After you have generated an address and you have attached it to the tangle, it should show under History. Sometimes there is a bit of a delay. Can you see it now?

Please post the address here or send to me in a private message as it may help.

Charlie.elias
C
Scott,

At last, My (m)iota is showing in my wallet. Thank you so much for helping me with this. I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong, however I will retrace my steps and see if I can figure it out.

You, Sir, are a legend.

If you have any intellectual interest in what could have happened, let me know and ill keep you informed. I wont admit my own stupidity on the matter until I have exhausted all alternatives.

One last quick bit of advice if you have time? Do you think its easier to just keep the Iota in my Binance wallet?

Once again thank you

Charlie
Scott J
Scott J
Hey Charlie.

I am really glad you can see your Miota.  Please do let me know if you work out what happened. 

Stupidity is a strong word with these things - crypto can be a tricky beast and just when you think you are used to it, IOTA takes it to another level again. 

It certainly is easier to simply keep your funds on Binance. However, in my opinion, the risk of doing so far outweighs the benefit; exchanges get hacked frequently. There will be a new, easier to use wallet available soon (Trinity), so keep an eye out for that. 

All the best,
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search