Latest IOTA wallet version

Author
A
Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

If i have an older wallet version, how do i get the latest version if i have iota's in my wallet?  Do i need to uninstall my old version, install the new version and then use the same seed to log in to the new version of the wallet?

Thank you

Adele
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Adelek - 9 Mar 2018
Hi,

If i have an older wallet version, how do i get the latest version if i have iota's in my wallet?  Do i need to uninstall my old version, install the new version and then use the same seed to log in to the new version of the wallet?

Thank you

Adele

@Adelek 
Thanks for the post. You can install the newest version and be good to go.

Make sure to save your seed. As long as you have your seed, the wallet and device don't matter at all - you can login to any wallet on any device in the world with your seed, and access your funds.

Good question.

Adelek
A
Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 9 Mar 2018
Adelek - 9 Mar 2018
Hi,

Thank you

Adele

@Adelek 
Thanks for the post. You can install the newest version and be good to go.

Make sure to save your seed. As long as you have your seed, the wallet and device don't matter at all - you can login to any wallet on any device in the world with your seed, and access your funds.

Good question.

That is awesome!! Thanks a lot Winston!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search