Re: Updating wallet version and change to new PC

Author
j
Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I update wallet version, do I need manually uninstall the older version and then install the newer version on my PC or would the wallet update itself automatically?
When I change to a new PC how would I access my fund, do I just need to install the wallet and then enter the recovery seed??
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
jiangh77 - 7 Mar 2018
When I update wallet version, do I need manually uninstall the older version and then install the newer version on my PC or would the wallet update itself automatically?
When I change to a new PC how would I access my fund, do I just need to install the wallet and then enter the recovery seed?

@jiangh77 
Good question - thanks for the post.

I think each PC will have its own settings for install/uninstalls, but you can't go wrong uninstalling the old version prior to installing the newer version.

Yes, you'll just login to the new wallet with your seed, generate a few addresses, and you'll have access to your funds. As long as you save your seed, you can access your funds via any wallet on any device in the world.

jiangh77
j
Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (120 reputation)
Thank you for the explanation

Howard??
CryptoKing
C
Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (171 reputation)
Good that I found this thread, no need to make a new question then
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search