Reclaim Status

Author
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
RobinGröble - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA
You guys can reattach once every 20 minutes and change hosts each time you reattach. That should get the thing confirmed within a few hours. But if not, you can close out of the wallet and start over the next day.

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA
You guys can reattach once every 20 minutes and change hosts each time you reattach. That should get the thing confirmed within a few hours. But if not, you can close out of the wallet and start over the next day.

Okay. But if I close the Wallet, I can't start at the same point --> I have to restart the Reclaim Tool thing and enter a new Seed again, right?

@RobinGröble Right, you'd have to just re-do what you had previously done. Without a confirmation at the end, it's as if you never did anything

Okay,but can I enter the same new seed as before if I close the wallet and restart the reclaim tool? Or do I have to enter an entirely new seed again each time I restart the reclaim Tool? Because in That case at the end I'll have many many seeds... Sorry for these basic questions, but at the moment I'm very confused

@RobinGröble You can enter the same new seed. That's a good question - thanks

Okay, is this method 100% sure? Thank you

@RobinGröble I don't think anything is 100% sure, and I'm just some random guy, so I'm definitely not going to commit to being responsible for anything here. Haha. But these are the consensus recommended steps by the community as of now.

Okay. Now I'm one step further.. but It's not over yet. The wallet says Reveal transaction is pending.. Can I close the wallet now and wait, or does I have to reattach again until the reveal transaction is confirmed? Many Thanks

@RobinGröble You'll need to reattach until it confirms. Closing out of the wallet doesn't hurt anything, but you'll have to start the process over again if you do that

Omg.. I closed the wallet and did the reclaim tool thing again.. now I got the message "Invalid tail transaction supplied" when trying to reattach.. What's wrong

@RobinGröble That's pretty frustrating. Can you try closing out of the wallet, then trying the process again with a different host
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Madinga - 7 Dec 2017
Finally i reclaimed but the address which was generated i cant see that on tangle explorer, i should be able to search it on tangle explorer? isnt that right?

@Madinga I think this is normal. Just sit tight and wait for the Foundation to start processing reclaims.
Winston
Winston
TJMZX - 7 Dec 2017

I previously located 1 of 2 transactions using the database that was posted somewhere in the past, which returned (curl unused)
and that's as far as I've come to locating anything. I ..

>used the reclaim tool
>wrote down all seeds (original and generated)
>have the information from the exchange where i made the purchase and withdrawals (Yet, only 1 transaction seems to be valid now??)
>used the database posted on the forum which located one of the transactions as unclaimed (curl unused)
>used the terminal command with the balance finder on all seeds using : node main.js .. but still nothing there

basically, I have kept the original seeds, and the new seeds generated, 'though there were only 2 transactions sent to the same seed.

What gives?
Any updates on processes from the inner workings of iota?

@TJMZX It sounds like you've completed the reclaim process, right? You won't see your balance appear in the new seed until the IOTA Foundation processes reclaims. That info is located in the original post of this thread
Winston
Winston
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Trying again to get my Proof transaction registered to a new seed, but its been out there for about 4 hours now, I keep 'REATTACH'ing every half hour or so, but no dice.  Do I have to keep my node connected 24/7 to continue this process?

@Scalextrix Keep trying to reattach with a different host each time. It'll eventually go through.
Winston
Winston
cryptojoker - 7 Dec 2017
Hello, please I already used the reclaim tool and it worked, i was given a new address where i will receive funds, this was like 15 days ago. I checked my OLD iota adress and it has the CURL NOT TRANSITIONED status in the iota addresses list. Is this normal even if i already used the reclaim tool? Should i reclaim again? Thanks..

@cryptojoker Thanks for checking in. Your balance will remain 0 until the IOTA Foundation is able to process reclaims. This is normal Please follow this thread for details. 
rekj1966
r
Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (55 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How does the dev team plan to notify when the reclaiming status is complete? Posting here ?

Scalextrix
S
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Trying again to get my Proof transaction registered to a new seed, but its been out there for about 4 hours now, I keep 'REATTACH'ing every half hour or so, but no dice.  Do I have to keep my node connected 24/7 to continue this process?

@Scalextrix Keep trying to reattach with a different host each time. It'll eventually go through.

I had to turn off my machine, I suppose I will need to generate a new seed and start over again
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017

I had to turn off my machine, I suppose I will need to generate a new seed and start over again
@

No need to generate a new seed. But you will need to start over. Please try with this host https://nodes.iota.cafe:443
Kossa
K
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Hi All,
It is my first post here and I would like to say hello to all of you Smile It is to me quiete dissappointing that the whole process takes so long with accounts blocked since middle of October. Luckily IOTA price skyrocketted, so at least no one from early adapters can complain about that.

Winston, could you please send me the invitiation to IOTA slack?
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
Kossa - 7 Dec 2017
Hi All,
It is my first post here and I would like to say hello to all of you Smile It is to me quiete dissappointing that the whole process takes so long with accounts blocked since middle of October. Luckily IOTA price skyrocketted, so at least no one from early adapters can complain about that.

Winston, could you please send me the invitiation to IOTA slack?

Please go to this topic:
https://forum.helloiota.com/673/RE-IOTA-SLACK-Invitation-Back-Online?Update=1#3575
deepakps
d
Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (62 reputation)
Hello Winston sir ,

I did my reclaim process before 20 days ans still the status is unconfirmed .Any time line for this ?

Do we have any process to raise the ticket through the support team .

Really panic as it been long waiting time .Any possible dead line.
Scalextrix
S
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Taylor Allen - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017

@

No need to generate a new seed. But you will need to start over. Please try with this host https://nodes.iota.cafe:443

I started the light wallet and in seconds, I got a Proof Transaction, yay!
Now Im stuck on the Reveal Transaction, after a few re-attaches I tried your suggested node, but still no luck. 
Im not a complainer, but Jeez, Im starting to get weary of this now.

RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)
Unfortunately that didn‘t help. Damn... I really hope I‘ll get my iota back someday
papan
p
Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (39 reputation)
Should we log into our new seed and attach the address?
Scalextrix
S
Scalextrix - 8 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017

@

Now Im stuck on the Reveal Transaction, after a few re-attaches I tried your suggested node, but still no luck. 

It seems frustration is the key, not long after I had that outburst I got the reclaim address.  Is the Tangle telepathic maybe, now that would be an amazing feat of technology...

Edited 3 Years Ago by Scalextrix
nefroti
nefroti
Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)
@Winston @Taylor Allen
Hey guys, I got one more quesiton, I got everything fixed, got the address at the end of reclaim process, when I open my wallet, the address is matching the address that I see in "Receive" in the wallet.
The question is, should I Attach it to Tangle? Or leave it as it is?
Winston
Winston
deepakps - 8 Dec 2017
Hello Winston sir ,

I did my reclaim process before 20 days ans still the status is unconfirmed .Any time line for this ?

Do we have any process to raise the ticket through the support team .

Really panic as it been long waiting time .Any possible dead line.

@deepakps No timeline other than what has been announced (documented in the original post of this thread). There's probably no need to panic, although I know it can be really unsettling to see a zero balance for so long. Hang in there. Thanks for the post
Winston
Winston
Scalextrix - 8 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017

@

@Scalextrix Yeah, this stuff is really frustrating to use. Try to be patient and keep trying to attach a few times per day. Eventually it should go through. Post here with all questions as they arise, because we're all in the same boat and can help each other. Thanks for posting.
Winston
Winston
papan - 8 Dec 2017
Should we log into our new seed and attach the address?

@papan I don't think so. Just sit tight and wait for the Foundation to start processing reclaims.
F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
Scalextrix - 8 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 8 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017

@

It seems frustration is the key, not long after I had that outburst I got the reclaim address.  Is the Tangle telepathic maybe, now that would be an amazing feat of technology...
Tell me how you got it ?? You leave and re-enter or change your node and re-link. The Hash remains pending although it tells me to address it. He does not give me the address where my Iotas will be sent.

Please help me.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search