Reclaim Status

Author
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Alfred Voigt - 6 Dec 2017
Hello everybody,
I understand correctly that the reclaim tool has to be wuzgeführt twice and one must not be logged in?

I have 3 addresses in the instant of October with the legend KEY_REUSE_OCT.

I am at this point in the claim process.

After clicking on SOMETER SEED, above it shows me a green window that says: "Link completed"

And also this:

The Reveal transaction is pending

Transaction hash:
EEBJHZ9LTR9VAK .....
To complete the claim process, send your previous seed. Wait for the confirmation of the disclosure transaction and use the reconnect button if you are pending for too long.

I am doing something wrong ??

The first phase of recovery was made with the wallet prior to 2.5.4 and now the second phase of claim with the wallet 2.5.4 has ended.

The only thing that worries me is that I do not receive the address with the message that: "the Iotas will be sent to the following address" ...

I have to repeat the process until I get the message ???.

Thank you.
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
F.Guerrero - 6 Dec 2017
Hello everybody,
I understand correctly that the reclaim tool has to be wuzgeführt twice and one must not be logged in?

After clicking on SOMETER SEED, above it shows me a green window that says: "Link completed"

And also this:

Transaction hash:
EEBJHZ9LTR9VAK .....
To complete the claim process, send your previous seed. Wait for the confirmation of the disclosure transaction and use the reconnect button if you are pending for too long.

The first phase of recovery was made with the wallet prior to 2.5.4 and now the second phase of claim with the wallet 2.5.4 has ended.

The only thing that worries me is that I do not receive the address with the message that: "the Iotas will be sent to the following address" ...

Thank you.

Hello @F.Guerrero
You are doing everything right. You just need to wait for that last confirmation.. In the end of the process the wallet will give you an address with the message that is going to be used to send your funds.
Save old seed, new seed and address. Don´t use any of them until you get your funds back. Keep checking announcements to further instructions.
According to the last announcement, the funds will star to be released next week.

F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
Taylor Allen - 6 Dec 2017
F.Guerrero - 6 Dec 2017
Hello everybody,

And also this:

Transaction hash:
EEBJHZ9LTR9VAK .....

Thank you.

Hello @F.Guerrero
You are doing everything right. You just need to wait for that last confirmation.. In the end of the process the wallet will give you an address with the message that is going to be used to send your funds.
Save old seed, new seed and address. Don´t use any of them until you get your funds back. Keep checking announcements to further instructions.
According to the last announcement, the funds will star to be released next week.
Thank you very much for answering.

The only thing is that I have not received that message with the address yet. I must try again ???

Thank you.
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
F.Guerrero - 6 Dec 2017
F.Guerrero - 6 Dec 2017
Hello everybody,

And also this:

Transaction hash:
EEBJHZ9LTR9VAK .....

Thank you.

Hello @F.Guerrero

The only thing is that I have not received that message with the address yet. I must try again ???

Thank you.
Hello @F.Guerrero
Yes you must.
Use these setting for the wallet

-  Check if MWM is at 14
-  If the curl implementation is at webgl2 change it to ccurl
-  Choose one of these hosts http://88.198.230.98:14265 or http://176.9.3.149:14265
-  Save these settings

Please review this instructions:
You can complete all process of complain in wallet 2.5.4.
There are 2 actions to take to reclaim:
Without login the wallet 2.5.4. select TOOLS - RECLAIM TOOL
- Insert old seed and new seed
- Wait for the Confirmation
- Click SUBMIT SEED
- Wait for another confirmation
The confirmation steps can take a long time. You can reattach each 20min. You can try to change to a node that is working if after 3-4 reattachs there is no confirming. In the end of the process the wallet will give you an address with the message that is going to be used to send your funds.

Best of luck.

F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero - 6 Dec 2017
F.Guerrero - 6 Dec 2017
Hello everybody,

And also this:

Transaction hash:
EEBJHZ9LTR9VAK .....

Thank you.

Hello @F.Guerrero

Thank you.
Hello @F.Guerrero
Yes you must.
Use these setting for the wallet

-  Check if MWM is at 14
-  If the curl implementation is at webgl2 change it to ccurl
-  Choose one of these hosts http://88.198.230.98:14265 or http://176.9.3.149:14265
-  Save these settings

Please review this instructions:
You can complete all process of complain in wallet 2.5.4.
There are 2 actions to take to reclaim:
Without login the wallet 2.5.4. select TOOLS - RECLAIM TOOL
- Insert old seed and new seed
- Wait for the Confirmation
- Click SUBMIT SEED
- Wait for another confirmation
The confirmation steps can take a long time. You can reattach each 20min. You can try to change to a node that is working if after 3-4 reattachs there is no confirming. In the end of the process the wallet will give you an address with the message that is going to be used to send your funds.

Best of luck.

Realized the whole process at this point I am.

Transaction hash:
ATNVKSBRSRURCE .....

REVINCULATE

I have to give it to REVINCULAR until the address appears with the message to be used to send its funds ???

Thank you.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA
You guys can reattach once every 20 minutes and change hosts each time you reattach. That should get the thing confirmed within a few hours. But if not, you can close out of the wallet and start over the next day.

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA
You guys can reattach once every 20 minutes and change hosts each time you reattach. That should get the thing confirmed within a few hours. But if not, you can close out of the wallet and start over the next day.

Okay. But if I close the Wallet, I can't start at the same point --> I have to restart the Reclaim Tool thing and enter a new Seed again, right?

@RobinGröble Right, you'd have to just re-do what you had previously done. Without a confirmation at the end, it's as if you never did anything

Okay,but can I enter the same new seed as before if I close the wallet and restart the reclaim tool? Or do I have to enter an entirely new seed again each time I restart the reclaim Tool? Because in That case at the end I'll have many many seeds... Sorry for these basic questions, but at the moment I'm very confused

@RobinGröble You can enter the same new seed. That's a good question - thanks

Okay, is this method 100% sure? Thank you

@RobinGröble I don't think anything is 100% sure, and I'm just some random guy, so I'm definitely not going to commit to being responsible for anything here. Haha. But these are the consensus recommended steps by the community as of now.

Okay. Now I'm one step further.. but It's not over yet. The wallet says Reveal transaction is pending.. Can I close the wallet now and wait, or does I have to reattach again until the reveal transaction is confirmed? Many Thanks

@RobinGröble You'll need to reattach until it confirms. Closing out of the wallet doesn't hurt anything, but you'll have to start the process over again if you do that
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Madinga - 6 Dec 2017
i am trying to reclaim but proof transaction is pending, tried so many times but till no result, what can i do to make it confirm? 

@Madinga Network seems to be very slow right now. Keep reattaching a few times per day and switching hosts each time that you do that. Eventually it'll be confirmed
zerosp33d
z
Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (50 reputation)
Had a quick question/clarification:

I did reclaim process and I believe I did it correctly, but I used a seed I had already and received a proof of transaction etc. I then did it a second time with a "new" generated seed and also completed it and got a proof of transaction. Just wondering how I know which seed it will be sent to etc. and if there is a way to get it sent to the second reclaim I did rather than the first one. ??
Winston
Winston
zerosp33d - 7 Dec 2017
Had a quick question/clarification:

I did reclaim process and I believe I did it correctly, but I used a seed I had already and received a proof of transaction etc. I then did it a second time with a "new" generated seed and also completed it and got a proof of transaction. Just wondering how I know which seed it will be sent to etc. and if there is a way to get it sent to the second reclaim I did rather than the first one.

I think it'll be sent to the first one, as per Andreas' comment today (included in the original post of this thread). You should message him on slack to discuss having your reclaim sent to the second reclaim address that you generated.
RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Okay. But if I close the Wallet, I can't start at the same point --> I have to restart the Reclaim Tool thing and enter a new Seed again, right?

@RobinGröble Right, you'd have to just re-do what you had previously done. Without a confirmation at the end, it's as if you never did anything

Okay,but can I enter the same new seed as before if I close the wallet and restart the reclaim tool? Or do I have to enter an entirely new seed again each time I restart the reclaim Tool? Because in That case at the end I'll have many many seeds... Sorry for these basic questions, but at the moment I'm very confused

@RobinGröble You can enter the same new seed. That's a good question - thanks

Okay, is this method 100% sure? Thank you

@RobinGröble I don't think anything is 100% sure, and I'm just some random guy, so I'm definitely not going to commit to being responsible for anything here. Haha. But these are the consensus recommended steps by the community as of now.

Okay. Now I'm one step further.. but It's not over yet. The wallet says Reveal transaction is pending.. Can I close the wallet now and wait, or does I have to reattach again until the reveal transaction is confirmed? Many Thanks

@RobinGröble You'll need to reattach until it confirms. Closing out of the wallet doesn't hurt anything, but you'll have to start the process over again if you do that

Omg.. I closed the wallet and did the reclaim tool thing again.. now I got the message "Invalid tail transaction supplied" when trying to reattach.. What's wrong

Madinga
M
Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)
Finally i reclaimed but the address which was generated i cant see that on tangle explorer, i should be able to search it on tangle explorer? isnt that right?
F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero
Madinga - 7 Dec 2017
Finally i reclaimed but the address which was generated i cant see that on tangle explorer, i should be able to search it on tangle explorer? isnt that right?

How would you look for the address where the iotas will be sent ???
Madinga
M
Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)
When you reclaim then you will get the address at the end where the foundation will send the iota, i cant verify my address on iota tangle explorer.
iota23
i
Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)
I request someone from IOTA foundation to write something like this:

1. Scenario 1: You moved IOTA from *** to your desktop wallet. You had balance in old version of the wallet but balance disappeared with new version. Here are the steps to recover it: ABC

2. Scenario 2: You did a "Reclaim" but didn't get a confirmation. Here are the steps to resolve the issue : ABC

3. Scenario 3: ***

4. Scenario 4: *** (and more)

Currently, the whole IOTA user community is confused and going through lots of Trial and Error to figure out how to recover the balance, what seed to use, etc.

This is not acceptable.
TJMZX
T
Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)

I previously located 1 of 2 transactions using the database that was posted somewhere in the past, which returned (curl unused)
and that's as far as I've come to locating anything. I ..

>used the reclaim tool
>wrote down all seeds (original and generated)
>have the information from the exchange where i made the purchase and withdrawals (Yet, only 1 transaction seems to be valid now??)
>used the database posted on the forum which located one of the transactions as unclaimed (curl unused)
>used the terminal command with the balance finder on all seeds using : node main.js .. but still nothing there

basically, I have kept the original seeds, and the new seeds generated, 'though there were only 2 transactions sent to the same seed.

What gives?
Any updates on processes from the inner workings of iota?

Scalextrix
S
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Trying again to get my Proof transaction registered to a new seed, but its been out there for about 4 hours now, I keep 'REATTACH'ing every half hour or so, but no dice.  Do I have to keep my node connected 24/7 to continue this process?

cryptojoker
c
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Hello, please I already used the reclaim tool and it worked, i was given a new address where i will receive funds, this was like 15 days ago. I checked my OLD iota adress and it has the CURL NOT TRANSITIONED status in the iota addresses list. Is this normal even if i already used the reclaim tool? Should i reclaim again? Thanks..
Trotan
T
Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)
Hello,
I completed the reclaim process. The only issue I have now is, the new address generated remains unconfirmed. When I try to reattach, it's unresponsive. 

I will keep trying, but any thoughts?
nefroti
nefroti
Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)
What do you mean is unconfirmed?
You received address at the end of reclaim process in phase 2, and thats all you need.
Trotan
T
Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (9 reputation)
nefroti - 7 Dec 2017
What do you mean is unconfirmed?You received address at the end of reclaim process in phase 2, and thats all you need.

Heres the address if you wanna check it out. It has a pending status in my wallet and unconfirmed status. 
WAVZJIDIHLLWZWSRBIUEIUTKFSEFFVCTDCXTJFWFQ9KEDHLOJQESRZAWKMFIGXIRHKOTZCLDPGASSOKGDGQWERIZCY
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search