Reclaim Status

Author
l
Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I understand the 90 characters are 81+9 checksum. Also see this in the History tab. Just have to wait to get them. Wish me luck Smile Tnx again everybody

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (10K reputation)
Group: Moderators
elektrostyle - 18 May 2018
Alexa - 12 May 2018
elektrostyle - 12 May 2018
Hi,
I am trying to do KYC on IDnow, but Australia is not on the list of nationalities. What am I supposed to do in this case?
Thanks

Hi @elektrostyle,
welcome to HelloIOTA!

I don't know what that list looks like, but if it doesn't show your nationality, maybe look for an option like "Other"?
If there's no such option available:
"Who can I contact if I need help getting through the identity verification reclaim process?"
For assistance with filling out the identity verification reclaim form hosted at the IOTA Foundation microsite https://kyc.iota.org , please contact: reclaims@iota.org.
For assistance with IDnow’s identity verification process, please contact IDnow’s support desk at: support@mail.idnow.de.".

I have got a response from IDnow and they have confirmed that Australian identity documentation is not BaFin compliant and cannot be accepted.
I have also contacted reclaims@iota.org but still waiting for a response.
Hopefully there is an alternative KYC method for Australians

Hey @elektrostyle,
thanks for keeping us updated!
I guess you won't be the only claimant facing this issue, so it would be really helpful for others if you continue to let us know you what happens in your case. I'm sure there will be a solution to this. Fingers crossed that you'll get this resolved soon!

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Alexa
Alexa
lxx33 - 18 May 2018
I understand the 90 characters are 81+9 checksum. Also see this in the History tab. Just have to wait to get them. Wish me luck Smile Tnx again everybody

Hey @lxx33,
yeah, that's right! What the tool showed you at the end is different from your old and new seed, because it isn't a seed.
It's an address, that derives from your new seed. It's important that you understand the difference, because mixing up addresses with seeds is very dangerous! 

The seed has 81 characters and you can maybe imagine it like a very long and unique username password combination all in one. You only ever use your seed to log in and access the funds in your wallet. You must NEVER post your seed in public or give it to anyone or send any funds to your seed instead of an address. Don't put it into any website. It needs to be kept safe and secret. Whoever has your seed will have access to your funds and if you lose your seed, you lose access to your funds.

Addresses are generated in the “Receive”-tab of your wallet, after you’ve logged into the wallet with your seed. Addresses are 90 characters long (81 chars and a 9 char checksum) and they are used for receiving and sending funds. One seed can generate almost an infinite number of addresses. Under normal circumstances, it is safe to post an address publicly. Therefore, you can use your addresses to look up any movements on a tangle explorer.
To check if your reclaimed funds have been returned, just paste your reclaim address from the screen above it into the search field on https://thetangle.org/. This way you don't even have to use your seed or the wallet to see if your reclaim has been processed. 

Please let us know if you have more questions.

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
dishwashingunit
d
Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)
Posting for the benefit of others going through kyc:

Passport just came in and I completed the kyc process but I'm concerned about my seeds association with my identity.

I started the process earlier this month, as you guys can see above, without a passport; then, realizing it was mandatory, had to wait a few weeks to get a passport paired (it cost me 300 dollars!)

I just did the process again using the same IDNow number as before. Initially it had asked me input my seed iota seed again, so I switched to another screen on my phone to get that.

When I switched back, the idnow app started over again completely, and didn't ask me for the IOTA seed this time.

The gentleman with IDNow told me I'd completed the process successfully, but I'm concerned that it initially asked for my seed again then didn't need it. I just sent them an email explaining my concern.

Anyone else seen this bug?
Arek Budnik
A
Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)
Hello

Anyone of you after KYC verification received any contacts from IOTA foundation?
I have made verification on the first day but still waiting for a respond.

dishwashingunit
d
Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)Attached to Tangle (250 reputation)
Sent an email to IDNow asking if they could confirm that a seed was associated with my verification. They refused to answer, oddly enough, they aren't able to update you on the status of your verification after it's complete?
RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)
Ralf Rottmann from Iota Foundation replied to my Email concerning KYC a couple of weeks ago.. He said he forwarded my message to the reclaim task force.. Since then I have't heard anything from iota.. What should I do now?

elektrostyle
e
Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (8 reputation)
Alexa - 19 May 2018
elektrostyle - 18 May 2018
Alexa - 12 May 2018
elektrostyle - 12 May 2018
Hi,
I am trying to do KYC on IDnow, but Australia is not on the list of nationalities. What am I supposed to do in this case?
Thanks

Hi @elektrostyle,
welcome to HelloIOTA!

I don't know what that list looks like, but if it doesn't show your nationality, maybe look for an option like "Other"?
If there's no such option available:
"Who can I contact if I need help getting through the identity verification reclaim process?"
For assistance with filling out the identity verification reclaim form hosted at the IOTA Foundation microsite https://kyc.iota.org , please contact: reclaims@iota.org.
For assistance with IDnow’s identity verification process, please contact IDnow’s support desk at: support@mail.idnow.de.".

I have got a response from IDnow and they have confirmed that Australian identity documentation is not BaFin compliant and cannot be accepted.
I have also contacted reclaims@iota.org but still waiting for a response.
Hopefully there is an alternative KYC method for Australians

Hey @elektrostyle,
thanks for keeping us updated!
I guess you won't be the only claimant facing this issue, so it would be really helpful for others if you continue to let us know you what happens in your case. I'm sure there will be a solution to this. Fingers crossed that you'll get this resolved soon!

So it has been over 2 weeks since I sent an email to reclaims@iota.org and I still have not received a response back from them, despite several follow-ups.
It's looking unlikely that I will receive my IOTA back
Alexa
Alexa
@Arek99
@RobinGröble
@elektrostyle
@Winston (for updating the OP)

For everyone, who's waiting for a reply to their e-mails or KYC, there was an update posted by Dominik on Discord yesterday:
"Update on Reclaims
Here to give you a quick update on the reclaim process. We've so far received more than a 50 successful identifications on https://kyc.iota.org/, and are now starting the process of verifying these identities with the token claims. Considering the complexity and the more thorough verification required for this, we expect to send out the tokens within 2 weeks.
For everyone that emailed us at contact@iota.org / reclaims@iota.org please keep in mind that we have more than 130 unanswered tickets right now, and are doing our best to process them as fast as possible. Expect around 7 - 10 days response time right now."

@elektrostyle
I talked to Andrew Greve about your case on Discord, here’s his answer:
"Also, for the people having issues with IDnow in specific countries, IF is aware of this and looking into the situation. I'm sorry I can't offer anything more concrete at the time, but I'm glad you're all making sure I am sticking on the case. I will be sure to follow up here as soon as I have more info to share on any of the issues you've all raised."

I'll let you know if Andrew posts any updates regarding this issue.

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
The OP has been updatedwith this information. Thanks Alexa
Edited 2 Years Ago by Winston
Arek Budnik
A
Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)Attached to Tangle (422 reputation)
Alexa - 29 May 2018
@Arek99
@RobinGröble
@elektrostyle

For everyone, who's waiting for a reply to their e-mails or KYC, there was an update posted by Dominik on Discord yesterday:
"Update on Reclaims
Here to give you a quick update on the reclaim process. We've so far received more than a 50 successful identifications on https://kyc.iota.org/, and are now starting the process of verifying these identities with the token claims. Considering the complexity and the more thorough verification required for this, we expect to send out the tokens within 2 weeks.
For everyone that emailed us at contact@iota.org / reclaims@iota.org please keep in mind that we have more than 130 unanswered tickets right now, and are doing our best to process them as fast as possible. Expect around 7 - 10 days response time right now."

@elektrostyle
"Also, for the people having issues with IDnow in specific countries, IF is aware of this and looking into the situation. I'm sorry I can't offer anything more concrete at the time, but I'm glad you're all making sure I am sticking on the case. I will be sure to follow up here as soon as I have more info to share on any of the issues you've all raised."

Thanks Alexa
burstcoin
b
Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (13 reputation)
7-10 day wait on emails. Be honest it's more like 7-10 months my emails from december still haven't been answered. Such a shit show
lxx33
l
Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (41 reputation)
Did the reclaim process without ID. And think I just need to wait till my tokens appear???? Can any body tell me the difference between the ID verification and the reclaim with the IOTA wallet ??? 
Edited 2 Years Ago by lxx33
Andrew G.
Andrew G.
Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (31 reputation)
Hi everyone,
I think I have spoken with at least a couple people active in this thread -- but for anyone else reading, just please know that I'm working from my position as the Online Community Liaison to make sure IF is doing all it can to get progress for you all. 

I'm sorry I don't have any really specific information to offer any of the recent posters, but I hope you understand that I'm here because we want the lines of communication to be open. Part of my role is to be an advocate for community concerns, so I am more than happy to talk with anyone who has specific concerns, and I can relay that information to the rest of the team. The best place to reach me is on the discord.

That said -- the standard procedures have been set up for a reason, and ultimately, following those processes is how everything will get done. So if you have sent an email or have an open ticket, please know that your information is with us. As mentioned above, the fact that IDnow apparently doesn't support certain countries is being looked into.

That's all I really have for now -- but I'll keep watching this thread.

RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)
Alexa - 29 May 2018
@Arek99
@RobinGröble
@elektrostyle

"Update on Reclaims

@elektrostyle

Should I insert my old seed in https://kyc.iota.org/ ? I mean, I have 2 Seeds. that s why I have to do the KYC Process. Wich one should I insert?

Alexa
Alexa
lxx33 - 31 May 2018
Did the reclaim process without ID. And think I just need to wait till my tokens appear???? Can any body tell me the difference between the ID verification and the reclaim with the IOTA wallet ??? 

Hi @lxx33,
the difference is that some people reclaimed twice to different new seeds and now they have to go through the identification process.
It's explained here: https://blog.iota.org/iota-reclaim-identification-verification-process-e316647e06e6
If you only reclaimed once or always used the same new seed for several attempts, you don't have to do the ID process.
Just wait for the next batch of payouts (nobody knows when).

Alexa
Alexa
RobinGröble - 31 May 2018
Alexa - 29 May 2018
@Arek99
@RobinGröble
@elektrostyle

"Update on Reclaims

@elektrostyle

Should I insert my old seed in https://kyc.iota.org/ ? I mean, I have 2 Seeds. that s why I have to do the KYC Process. Wich one should I insert?

@RobinGröble
It's about the old seed. The one which held your funds before they have been secured by the Foundation.

Alexa
Alexa
Andrew G. - 31 May 2018
Hi everyone,
I think I have spoken with at least a couple people active in this thread -- but for anyone else reading, just please know that I'm working from my position as the Online Community Liaison to make sure IF is doing all it can to get progress for you all. 

I'm sorry I don't have any really specific information to offer any of the recent posters, but I hope you understand that I'm here because we want the lines of communication to be open. Part of my role is to be an advocate for community concerns, so I am more than happy to talk with anyone who has specific concerns, and I can relay that information to the rest of the team. The best place to reach me is on the discord.

That said -- the standard procedures have been set up for a reason, and ultimately, following those processes is how everything will get done. So if you have sent an email or have an open ticket, please know that your information is with us. As mentioned above, the fact that IDnow apparently doesn't support certain countries is being looked into.

That's all I really have for now -- but I'll keep watching this thread.

@Andrew G.
Hey Andrew,
thanks for your post and welcome to HelloIOTA! Smile
Your presence here is really much appreciated!
If anything of general interest regarding the reclaims is being discussed on Discord, please feel free to just tag Winston or me and we'll make sure to keep our members here on the Forum up to date (in case you sometimes can't find the time to post things here yourself).
You're doing a great job so far and we're happy to have you around!

TJMZX
T
Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (85 reputation)
Just wanted to thank @Winston and all on this forum.
Discovered my iot balance is back from following the reclaim process.
In the end, just a matter of keeping calm! 
RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Alexa - 31 May 2018
RobinGröble - 31 May 2018
Alexa - 29 May 2018
@Arek99
@RobinGröble
@elektrostyle

"Update on Reclaims

@elektrostyle

@RobinGröble
It's about the old seed. The one which held your funds before they have been secured by the Foundation.

Thank you for your reply... So how will this work? I enter my old seed.. Than I have to identify myself through IDnow app.. and will prove that I can generate the right addresses with the two new seeds I have. And after that? Will I have to give them my 2 new seeds and they will send my funds to those  addresses? I really feel confused, sorry for that.

Edited 2 Years Ago by RobinGröble
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search