Reclaim Status

Author
RobinGröble
Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA
You guys can reattach once every 20 minutes and change hosts each time you reattach. That should get the thing confirmed within a few hours. But if not, you can close out of the wallet and start over the next day.

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA
You guys can reattach once every 20 minutes and change hosts each time you reattach. That should get the thing confirmed within a few hours. But if not, you can close out of the wallet and start over the next day.

Okay. But if I close the Wallet, I can't start at the same point --> I have to restart the Reclaim Tool thing and enter a new Seed again, right?
iota23
i
Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
iota23 - 6 Dec 2017
ChainTrek - 6 Dec 2017
I only saw it mentioned once on here but it's important to use the reclaim tool when you're not logged in to any seeds. 

I originally tired when I was logged into my old seed and was waiting 48 hours+ for it to be approved to phase 2 until I reread somewhere you couldn't be logged into the seed.

I tried again while not logged in and the whole process (phase 1 + 2) took only 45 minutes max.

Greetings!

As ChainTrek advised, I tried to reclaim without logging to my original seed.

When I clicked "continue", I received "Loading" and it is like that for 3 hours now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz5vhwemo3vzziz/IOTA%20Reclaim%20screen.jpg?dl=0

Is this expected?

When I clicked on "x" to close it, I got a message that this cannot be done while reclaiming is in progress. Thanks.

@iota23 This is either a bad host or your computer is struggling to do the PoW.
Try changing hosts and/or computers

Thanks @Winston!

I closed the wallet and changed the host and this time "Loading" lasted only few seconds.

Now I got the following message: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqr536q1ttpfrmn/IOTA%20Reattaching.jpg?dl=0

Clicked "Reattach" couple of times.

Should I now use the "new" seed to get the balance?

The hash I got matched the one I got yesterday when tried the "reclaim" first time. The status still shows "unconfirmed" after 19 hours.

The amount on this hash shows "0". Shouldn't it show the balance of the original seed? Thanks.
Edited 2 Years Ago by iota23
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Alfred Voigt - 6 Dec 2017
Hello everybody,
I understand correctly that the reclaim tool has to be wuzgeführt twice and one must not be logged in?

@Hector74 I think you can just do phase 2 of the reclaim with the v2.5.4 wallet and be just fine. It shouldn't matter if you're logged in or not to use the tool.
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Okay. But if I close the Wallet, I can't start at the same point --> I have to restart the Reclaim Tool thing and enter a new Seed again, right?

@RobinGröble Right, you'd have to just re-do what you had previously done. Without a confirmation at the end, it's as if you never did anything
Winston
Winston
iota23 - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
iota23 - 6 Dec 2017
ChainTrek - 6 Dec 2017
I only saw it mentioned once on here but it's important to use the reclaim tool when you're not logged in to any seeds. 

I originally tired when I was logged into my old seed and was waiting 48 hours+ for it to be approved to phase 2 until I reread somewhere you couldn't be logged into the seed.

I tried again while not logged in and the whole process (phase 1 + 2) took only 45 minutes max.

Greetings!

When I clicked "continue", I received "Loading" and it is like that for 3 hours now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz5vhwemo3vzziz/IOTA%20Reclaim%20screen.jpg?dl=0

Is this expected?

When I clicked on "x" to close it, I got a message that this cannot be done while reclaiming is in progress. Thanks.

Thanks @Winston!

I closed the wallet and changed the host and this time "Loading" lasted only few seconds.

Now I got the following message: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqr536q1ttpfrmn/IOTA%20Reattaching.jpg?dl=0

The hash I got matched the one I got yesterday when tried the "reclaim" first time. The status still shows "unconfirmed" after 19 hours.

The amount on this hash shows "0". Shouldn't it show the balance of the original seed? Thanks.

@iota23 Perfect! You're on the right track. It might take a few reattachments to finally get that thing confirmed. Once you get it confirmed, you can log in with your new seed and still NOT see your balance - the IOTA Foundation hasn't started processing reclaims yet. So just sit tight for another week or so
Alfred V.
A
Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)
@ Winston
A stupid question: what is phase 2? What do I have to do here? Should I do the reclaim again? If so, with the two seed I already have?
Winston
Winston
Alfred Voigt - 6 Dec 2017
@ Winston
A stupid question: what is phase 2? What do I have to do here? Should I do the reclaim again? If so, with the two seed I already have?

@Hector74 It's now impossible for me to keep up with everyone's situations between all of these posts - so my apologies for that - but if you've completed the reclaim process in the v2.5.4 wallet, then you're good to go. If you haven't, that's 'phase 2'.
iota23
i
Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (188 reputation)
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
iota23 - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
iota23 - 6 Dec 2017
ChainTrek - 6 Dec 2017

Greetings!

Is this expected?

Thanks @Winston!

@iota23 Perfect! You're on the right track. It might take a few reattachments to finally get that thing confirmed. Once you get it confirmed, you can log in with your new seed and still NOT see your balance - the IOTA Foundation hasn't started processing reclaims yet. So just sit tight for another week or so

Thanks for confirming, @Winston!

Couple of basic questions! Smile

1. Is that fine that the amount on the reclaim transaction is Zero when checked on iotasear.ch?
2. Also, when I log with my new seed, under "Receive" tab I see completely different hash. Should I just click "Attach to Tangle" several times? Is it attaching this new hash to my new seed / reclaim?

Using IOTA is little bit complicated Smile
Winston
Winston
1. Yes, this is as expected.
2. Just sit tight until the IOTA Foundation starts processing reclaims. We an troubleshoot if anything is amiss next week.
RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (169 reputation)
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

@RobinGröble Right, you'd have to just re-do what you had previously done. Without a confirmation at the end, it's as if you never did anything

Okay,but can I enter the same new seed as before if I close the wallet and restart the reclaim tool? Or do I have to enter an entirely new seed again each time I restart the reclaim Tool? Because in That case at the end I'll have many many seeds... Sorry for these basic questions, but at the moment I'm very confused

Edited 2 Years Ago by RobinGröble
Winston
Winston
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Okay,but can I enter the same new seed as before if I close the wallet and restart the reclaim tool? Or do I have to enter an entirely new seed again each time I restart the reclaim Tool? Because in That case at the end I'll have many many seeds... Sorry for these basic questions, but at the moment I'm very confused

@RobinGröble You can enter the same new seed. That's a good question - thanks
RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Okay, is this method 100% sure? Thank you
Winston
Winston
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

@RobinGröble I don't think anything is 100% sure, and I'm just some random guy, so I'm definitely not going to commit to being responsible for anything here. Haha. But these are the consensus recommended steps by the community as of now.
netboy69
n
Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (40 reputation)
Hi to all, i have generated a seed when iota came out, and used that seed to login to the light wallet, after when there check my wallet address and send 158 coins to the wallet all arrive ok, then never used the wallet again but i saved the seed, now when i login my balance is zero how can i recover my coins? Please help because they are now showing at all i try the claim tool and generator over 30 address but still no balance.

joelgus
j
Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)
How do we get a Slack invite? Every link says it is not longer valid
Winston
Winston
netboy69 - 6 Dec 2017
Hi to all, i have generated a seed when iota came out, and used that seed to login to the light wallet, after when there check my wallet address and send 158 coins to the wallet all arrive ok, then never used the wallet again but i saved the seed, now when i login my balance is zero how can i recover my coins? Please help because they are now showing at all i try the claim tool and generator over 30 address but still no balance.

@netboy69 You probably need to complete the reclaim process. There are tons of threads in the Help forum that you can read for guidance
Winston
Winston
RobinGröble
RobinGröble
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

@RobinGröble I don't think anything is 100% sure, and I'm just some random guy, so I'm definitely not going to commit to being responsible for anything here. Haha. But these are the consensus recommended steps by the community as of now.

Okay. Now I'm one step further.. but It's not over yet. The wallet says Reveal transaction is pending.. Can I close the wallet now and wait, or does I have to reattach again until the reveal transaction is confirmed? Many Thanks

Madinga
M
Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (56 reputation)
i am trying to reclaim but proof transaction is pending, tried so many times but till no result, what can i do to make it confirm? 
iota23
i
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
RobinGröble - 6 Dec 2017
Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

Winston - 6 Dec 2017
@RobinGröble @MikeMMIoTA

@Winston You know a lot about IOTA for a random guy Smile)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search