Reclaim Status

Author
K
Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
do you know if the IOTA Foundation will start in this decade?

nefroti
nefroti
Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)
Winston - 30 Nov 2017
nefroti - 30 Nov 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017
I guess they have a lot to deal with. Also, you would have lost a lot more money if they wouldn't have saved your funds. :IOTA:

btw maybe you know, based on what IOTA foundation will send back the X amount of iotas back? Based on the old seed (that previously IOTA was stored) ? do they have some history chart etc? thats how they confirm how much IOTA's should be transferred back?

I don't know for sure how the process works on their end, but I would speculate that it's like this:
1. They know which address the balance belongs to, since that's where they saved the balance from in the first place.
2. They have your old seed via the reclaim process.
3. If your old seed generates the address from which they saved a balance, this proves that you're the owner of that address.

Seems possible... 
Btw, there is no possible way that I won't receive back my IOTA's right? If I provided a correct old seed (in the reclaim process) where I last time seen my IOTA's then nothing wrong can happen, right?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Knoedl - 1 Dec 2017
do you know if the IOTA Foundation will start in this decade?

Hope so. But we'll see. The 2030's beckon
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
nefroti - 1 Dec 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017
nefroti - 30 Nov 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017
I guess they have a lot to deal with. Also, you would have lost a lot more money if they wouldn't have saved your funds. :IOTA:

btw maybe you know, based on what IOTA foundation will send back the X amount of iotas back? Based on the old seed (that previously IOTA was stored) ? do they have some history chart etc? thats how they confirm how much IOTA's should be transferred back?

I don't know for sure how the process works on their end, but I would speculate that it's like this:
1. They know which address the balance belongs to, since that's where they saved the balance from in the first place.
3. If your old seed generates the address from which they saved a balance, this proves that you're the owner of that address.

Seems possible... 
Btw, there is no possible way that I won't receive back my IOTA's right? If I provided a correct old seed (in the reclaim process) where I last time seen my IOTA's then nothing wrong can happen, right?

@nefroti I mean, I'm sure things can and will go wrong. But that's sort of out of your control at this point I guess. All you can really do is complete the process properly and make sure to save every bit of information that you can (old seed, new seed, address, transaction hash, etc.) in case it's needed for troubleshooting in the future.
nefroti
nefroti
Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)
Winston - 1 Dec 2017
nefroti - 1 Dec 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017
nefroti - 30 Nov 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017

Seems possible... 

@nefroti I mean, I'm sure things can and will go wrong. But that's sort of out of your control at this point I guess. All you can really do is complete the process properly and make sure to save every bit of information that you can (old seed, new seed, address, transaction hash, etc.) in case it's needed for troubleshooting in the future.

Well you made me worrying a bit, well I hope everything will go well with my balance... However I got old and new seed saved obviously, also got saved the address that IOTA gave me (where the IOTA's will be send) got screens of transaction hash.
Winston
Winston
nefroti - 1 Dec 2017
Winston - 1 Dec 2017
nefroti - 1 Dec 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017
nefroti - 30 Nov 2017
Winston - 30 Nov 2017

Seems possible... 

Well you made me worrying a bit, well I hope everything will go well with my balance... However I got old and new seed saved obviously, also got saved the address that IOTA gave me (where the IOTA's will be send) got screens of transaction hash.

@nefroti I'm just some random guy. Don't let me influence how you think and feel
jorma
jorma
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
My iota address is listed as CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED on the .txt file provided and it shows the correct balance. I am trying to use the Reclaim Tool so I can receive the funds at a new address with my new seed. It took a long time of continually reattaching but I was finally able to get to the point of having the reclaim tool say "Proof Transaction confirmed". I hit the send button to send my key and it stalled again so I reattached. Now I logged in again and it is back to "Proof transaction is pending" and when I click REATTACH an error pops up "Invalid tail transaction supplied". Tried from multiple computers and receive the same message. Really hoping I will be able to get my iota back... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get to the point of being able to receive the new address and confirmation so when IOTA foundation sends out the coins I can receive them. Ugh..

Edited 2 Years Ago by jorma
Winston
Winston
jorma - 2 Dec 2017
My iota address is listed as CURL_NOT_TRANSITIONED on the .txt file provided and it shows the correct balance. I am trying to use the Reclaim Tool so I can receive the funds at a new address with my new seed. It took a long time of continually reattaching but I was finally able to get to the point of having the reclaim tool say "Proof Transaction confirmed". I hit the send button to send my key and it stalled again so I reattached. Now I logged in again and it is back to "Proof transaction is pending" and when I click REATTACH an error pops up "Invalid tail transaction supplied". Tried from multiple computers and receive the same message. Really hoping I will be able to get my iota back... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get to the point of being able to receive the new address and confirmation so when IOTA foundation sends out the coins I can receive them. Ugh..

@jorma Thanks for the post, jorma.
"Proof Transaction confirmed"
This means that you've completed the reclaim process successfully. You'll just need to wait for the IOTA Foundation to start processing reclaims before being able to have access to your balance again.
Alfred V.
A
Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)Attached to Tangle (595 reputation)
Hello, I also lost my IOTA through a wallet update and did a reclaim. Do I understand correctly that the reclaim must first be confirmed in the near future, so that they are back in the wallet? are the IOTA then in the old or in the new wallet? I am almost despairing and have already generated several addresses in each wallet and started the actions displayed in the course several times. I hope my IOTA are not permanently gone ??? Thanks for your answer and best regards
nefroti
nefroti
jorma - 2 Dec 2017

But did you get an address at the end of the reclaim process? at the end you should get a window where it says "here is your address where your iota's will be send back" 
if not then you have to do it again until you get the address.
Winston
Winston
Alfred - 2 Dec 2017
Hello, I also lost my IOTA through a wallet update and did a reclaim. Do I understand correctly that the reclaim must first be confirmed in the near future, so that they are back in the wallet? are the IOTA then in the old or in the new wallet? I am almost despairing and have already generated several addresses in each wallet and started the actions displayed in the course several times. I hope my IOTA are not permanently gone ??? Thanks for your answer and best regards

@Alfred Hey Alfred, thanks for posting. If you're having trouble with a certain step of the reclaim process, you'll get much better assistance by posting a new thread with all of the details of your situation in the Help forum (4th forum down on the main page here).
jorma
jorma
Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (48 reputation)
Winston - 2 Dec 2017
jorma - 2 Dec 2017

This means that you've completed the reclaim process successfully. You'll just need to wait for the IOTA Foundation to start processing reclaims before being able to have access to your balance again.

Hi @Winston

Thanks for your reply. I received the confirmation ("Proof transaction confirmed") in the Reclaim Tool but there was no address listed at the end of the process. It was showing "Sending..." for awhile then changed to "REATTACH". I tried to REATTACH but I never got the address after the confirmation. When using the Reclaim Tool now it shows "Proof transaction is pending" again... when trying to reattach now I immediately get an error saying "Invalid tail transaction supplied". As @nefroti mentioned I need to have received an address to be able to receive my iota. Should I start the process again using a different new seed? Any recommendations? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Scott_WWS
S
Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (91 reputation)
Winston
Winston
jorma - 3 Dec 2017
Winston - 2 Dec 2017
jorma - 2 Dec 2017

Hi @Winston

Thanks for your reply. I received the confirmation ("Proof transaction confirmed") in the Reclaim Tool but there was no address listed at the end of the process. It was showing "Sending..." for awhile then changed to "REATTACH". I tried to REATTACH but I never got the address after the confirmation. When using the Reclaim Tool now it shows "Proof transaction is pending" again... when trying to reattach now I immediately get an error saying "Invalid tail transaction supplied". As @nefroti mentioned I need to have received an address to be able to receive my iota. Should I start the process again using a different new seed? Any recommendations? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@jorma It looks like something that has to do with a tail hash problem. A few people have experienced this problem, so maybe you could submit an issue on the github
jorma
jorma
Winston - 3 Dec 2017
jorma - 3 Dec 2017
Winston - 2 Dec 2017
jorma - 2 Dec 2017

Hi @Winston

@jorma It looks like something that has to do with a tail hash problem. A few people have experienced this problem, so maybe you could submit an issue on the github

Thanks @Winston ... will do.
le_yass
l
Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (25 reputation)
Hey @Winston,

I know you're doing your best to keep us updated and we thank you very much for that but if you could get at least a rough timeline on when the foundation plan on releasing the token that would really help specifically after the huge spike on the IOTA value in the last 7 days.

Thanks a lot!

Edited 2 Years Ago by le_yass
Winston
Winston
le_yass - 4 Dec 2017
Hey @Winston,

I know you're doing your best to keep us updated and we thank you very much for that but if you could get at least a rough timeline on when the foundation plan on releasing the token that would really help specifically after the huge spike on the IOTA value in the last 7 days.

Thanks a lot!

@le_yass Thanks for posting. I'm in the same situation as everyone else here, an onlooker just watching the IOTA Foundation's actions. All I can do is report what the guys decide to officially announce. I know that's really frustrating, but I guess it's all we can do right now.
'iOughtaIOTA'
'iOughtaIOTA'
Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)
Ok I got it.. I get it now.. this 'convenient' mishap in previous wallet versions has now given you a cushion so initial investors cant burst this little bubble. 
Brilliant.
Winston
Winston
'iOughtaIOTA' - 5 Dec 2017
Ok I got it.. I get it now.. this 'convenient' mishap in previous wallet versions has now given you a cushion so initial investors cant burst this little bubble. 
Brilliant.

@IoughtaIOTA I definitely appreciate the sentiment of your post, and a lot of people here are also frustrated with the situation as well. I'd just like to point out that I'm just some random guy who hangs out here and tries to help out in my free time. I have no ties to the Foundation or anything. And none of those Foundation guys are here to see our posts (that I know of).
Edited 2 Years Ago by Winston
'iOughtaIOTA'
'iOughtaIOTA'
Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (102 reputation)
I understand IOTA will be higher no matter what we buy it up at right now but still locking out previous investors from their currency kind of makes the price currently not a true buy in price because of those who cannot get access to their coins currently.
Almost want to wait until this is all over before I buy into it further........ is this a safe assumption?
Edited 2 Years Ago by 'iOughtaIOTA'
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search