Reclaim Status

Author
S
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
F.Guerrero - 8 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 8 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 8 Dec 2017
Taylor Allen - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Winston - 7 Dec 2017
Scalextrix - 7 Dec 2017
Trying again to get my Proof transaction registered to a new seed, but its been out there for about 4 hours now, I keep 'REATTACH'ing every half hour or so, but no dice.  Do I have to keep my node connected 24/7 to continue this process?

@Scalextrix Keep trying to reattach with a different host each time. It'll eventually go through.

I had to turn off my machine, I suppose I will need to generate a new seed and start over again
@

No need to generate a new seed. But you will need to start over. Please try with this host https://nodes.iota.cafe:443

I started the light wallet and in seconds, I got a Proof Transaction, yay!
Now Im stuck on the Reveal Transaction, after a few re-attaches I tried your suggested node, but still no luck. 
Im not a complainer, but Jeez, Im starting to get weary of this now.

It seems frustration is the key, not long after I had that outburst I got the reclaim address.  Is the Tangle telepathic maybe, now that would be an amazing feat of technology...
Tell me how you got it ?? You leave and re-enter or change your node and re-link. The Hash remains pending although it tells me to address it. He does not give me the address where my Iotas will be sent.

Please help me.

Just keep trying, I tried different nodes, it makes little difference, I went to lunch, came back and it had worked...

tiki
t
Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)
Hi, I bought into Iota a few days after it was launched, I saved and ecnrypted my seed and kept it in a safe place since then, but I havnt touched it our open my wallet until I tried recently, and I´m learning about all this right now.

i tried logging into my wallet and my balance is zero, so I learned that there is a new version and that I need to reclaim my Iotas and then the balance will still appear as 0. So I just need to keep on generating new addresses.

I´m trying to reclaim my Iotas, so I put in my old seed and a new seed. But All I get is attachment error.

What am I doing wrong?
Scalextrix
S
Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (27 reputation)
tiki - 8 Dec 2017
Hi, I bought into Iota a few days after it was launched, I saved and ecnrypted my seed and kept it in a safe place since then, but I havnt touched it our open my wallet until I tried recently, and I´m learning about all this right now.

i tried logging into my wallet and my balance is zero, so I learned that there is a new version and that I need to reclaim my Iotas and then the balance will still appear as 0. So I just need to keep on generating new addresses.

I´m trying to reclaim my Iotas, so I put in my old seed and a new seed. But All I get is attachment error.

What am I doing wrong?

Try going to the settings and using different nodes to connect to
pakitochocolatero
p
Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (5 reputation)
Hello IOTA Foundation,

Sorry guys, this is too much. We have followed your procedure, we have been patient and at least me I haven't given any publicity to this (big) issue because I do believe in IOTA. However, after blocking our funds for 2 months already without any clear explanation on why is taking so long to move funds from ADDRESS 1 to ADDRESS 2 (a quite basic algorithm from a technical perspective) for users who have successfully completed the reclaim process, you guys are about to leave us no other option than to create a petition in change.org claiming our stolen money, and to publicize this whole thing and the big manipulation the IOTA Foundation has carried out potentially stealing millions of dollars in the process.

I know this doesn't sound pretty, and I don't think it's in anybody's interest to start this process as it will significantly drop down the price and reputation of IOTA, so I'd very much appreciate if the IOTA Foundation can start processing the reclaims ASAP.

Cheers everybody

Pak
joelgus
j
Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)Attached to Tangle (272 reputation)
pakitochocolatero - 9 Dec 2017
Hello IOTA Foundation,

Sorry guys, this is too much. We have followed your procedure, we have been patient and at least me I haven't given any publicity to this (big) issue because I do believe in IOTA. However, after blocking our funds for 2 months already without any clear explanation on why is taking so long to move funds from ADDRESS 1 to ADDRESS 2 (a quite basic algorithm from a technical perspective) for users who have successfully completed the reclaim process, you guys are about to leave us no other option than to create a petition in change.org claiming our stolen money, and to publicize this whole thing and the big manipulation the IOTA Foundation has carried out potentially stealing millions of dollars in the process.

I know this doesn't sound pretty, and I don't think it's in anybody's interest to start this process as it will significantly drop down the price and reputation of IOTA, so I'd very much appreciate if the IOTA Foundation can start processing the reclaims ASAP.

Cheers everybody

Pak

I'm in total agreement. They try to justify that it's ok because the price went up during this time. The reality there are going to be so many people that lost their funds during this process due to malicious seed creators or entering an 81 word see incorrectly. A 12 billion market cap and they run this process like a shitcoin. At what point do we stop hoping and start thinking we will never see our funds again?

pakitochocolatero
p
joelgus - 9 Dec 2017
pakitochocolatero - 9 Dec 2017
Hello IOTA Foundation,

Cheers everybody

Pak

I'm in total agreement. They try to justify that it's ok because the price went up during this time. The reality there are going to be so many people that lost their funds during this process due to malicious seed creators or entering an 81 word see incorrectly. A 12 billion market cap and they run this process like a shitcoin. At what point do we stop hoping and start thinking we will never see our funds again?

I won't start thinking that I'll never see my funds again when the IOTAs were properly stored in the official tool provided by the IOTA Foundation. If that happens in your Chase account what do you do? You start a proper claim process with Chase, if that doesn't work you escalate, make the whole world know, get together with the other affected people and work on a class action lawsuit to get your money back. The same applies here, and we are reaching the last moments of the first stage, so I'd suggest to set up a deadline (Dec 10, Dec 15?) for the IOTA Foundation to have processed the completed claims, or else we'll have to move to phase 2. Some of the affected addresses have $3M, $5M, $2M, etc. This is not peanuts guys
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
@pakitochocolatero @joelgus 
The IOTA Foundation did you a gigantic service by taking time out of their schedule and divert significant resources to saving your funds. You realize that the reclaim process exists right now only because they valued your balance enough to save it from being lost or stolen, right? They in no way were obligated to do this, and could have let your funds be taken. Comments like these make it look like they should have just kept chugging along with their main priorities (corporate collaborations), and let your funds be stolen so they wouldn't have to worry about this reclaim nonsense. But they didn't do that. They care about you. They saved your balance. Also, they don't justify it with anything about price. This has nothing at all to do with price. 

It's completely okay if you didn't realize what this process actually involved before my comment here, so please take some time to think about this, and appreciate just how fortunate the community is that the Foundation decided to white-hat at-risk funds to protect all of us.

Lots of people here presumably want to see the project do well. You've gotta let the Foundation scale itself up to handle all of its priorities, and that might even include things like legal research and financial implications of the reclaim process. So it's not just a technical issue.

Please post with any questions or clarifying comments that you have. Thanks for bringing this discussion to the community, because this is how we all learn. 
Edited 3 Years Ago by Winston
MikeMMIoTA
M
Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (26 reputation)
So I've been doing the reclaim process over and over again for 5 days now, and the closest i can get is still proof transaction pending.

Ive connected to every node on the list, tried both curl configurations, and reattached dozens of time nothing will confirm my transaction.

If i cant ever get this reclaim tool to work, is there any chance ill be able to talk to someone in the iota foundation at some point to see about recovering my funds some other way? I can easily provide any information about the wallet that only i would know, like when and on what device it was created, info for the account i used to fill it, probably even the ip address i was on. Its the only wallet ive ever used and of course i still have the seed

Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
MikeMMIoTA - 9 Dec 2017
So I've been doing the reclaim process over and over again for 5 days now, and the closest i can get is still proof transaction pending.

Ive connected to every node on the list, tried both curl configurations, and reattached dozens of time nothing will confirm my transaction.

If i cant ever get this reclaim tool to work, is there any chance ill be able to talk to someone in the iota foundation at some point to see about recovering my funds some other way? I can easily provide any information about the wallet that only i would know, like when and on what device it was created, info for the account i used to fill it, probably even the ip address i was on. Its the only wallet ive ever used and of course i still have the seed

@MikeMMIoTA The network seems to be really slow right now. It might be worth waiting until after next week's snapshot speeds up the network again before trying to reclaim. No need to waste time with it right now.
F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
Winston - 9 Dec 2017
MikeMMIoTA - 9 Dec 2017

@MikeMMIoTA The network seems to be really slow right now. It might be worth waiting until after next week's snapshot speeds up the network again before trying to reclaim. No need to waste time with it right now.

Hello again Winston.

As you already know, my complaint process remains pending, I have tested all the nodes at all times of the day and it stays that way:
Reveal transaction is pending
Transaction hash:
IJUOSZ ......
To complete the claim process submit your old seed. Please wait for the confirmation of the reveal transaction and make use of the reattach button if it is pending for too long.

REATTACH

I was wondering if there is a possibility to go personally to some department of the Iota Foundation so that if they do not manage to carry out the claim process, they can rescue my Iotas by going personally. I have a significant number of Iotas retained and I do not mind traveling.

Thanks Winston.

ademirsjr
a
Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)
Which steps should I do, to reclaim my Miotas?
ademirsjr
a
Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (15 reputation)
I already generate more than 40 addresses, but my Iotas was not displayed on my wallet...

Here is the value that I have.
https://iotasear.ch/address/INN9MWLAWCRRGKFLXHP9CFJGNGVJ9TXFEOLSIBLJRRSIMHWAAXGAPYCDRUEERESNWWHRSNLQURDBACPMCZUSKOHRUA
F.Guerrero
F.Guerrero
Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)Attached to Tangle (343 reputation)
ademirsjr - 9 Dec 2017
I already generate more than 40 addresses, but my Iotas was not displayed on my wallet...

https://iotasear.ch/address/INN9MWLAWCRRGKFLXHP9CFJGNGVJ9TXFEOLSIBLJRRSIMHWAAXGAPYCDRUEERESNWWHRSNLQURDBACPMCZUSKOHRUA

Your Iotas are also intervened by the Iota Foundation of the month of October. You just have to make the claim process and wait for it to be sent to you.
Greetings

nefroti
nefroti
Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)Attached to Tangle (635 reputation)
Anyone have clue, how long the process of sending back funds will take?
Like days, weeks or months?
ademirsjr
a
F.Guerrero - 9 Dec 2017
ademirsjr - 9 Dec 2017

Your Iotas are also intervened by the Iota Foundation of the month of October. You just have to make the claim process and wait for it to be sent to you.
Greetings

Where can I do this?
Winston
Winston
F.Guerrero - 9 Dec 2017
Winston - 9 Dec 2017
MikeMMIoTA - 9 Dec 2017

Hello again Winston.

As you already know, my complaint process remains pending, I have tested all the nodes at all times of the day and it stays that way:
Reveal transaction is pending
Transaction hash:
IJUOSZ ......
To complete the claim process submit your old seed. Please wait for the confirmation of the reveal transaction and make use of the reattach button if it is pending for too long.

REATTACH

I was wondering if there is a possibility to go personally to some department of the Iota Foundation so that if they do not manage to carry out the claim process, they can rescue my Iotas by going personally. I have a significant number of Iotas retained and I do not mind traveling.

Thanks Winston.

@F.Guerrero The Foundation doesn't have such a department. They're still scaling up, and this customer support stuff is completely up to the community. Having said that, private message me on slack or on here, and I'll make sure we take extra steps to secure your balance. You've done a great job of keeping the forum updated on your progress. I know this is all super frustrating, so hang in there.
Winston
Winston
ademirsjr - 9 Dec 2017
Which steps should I do, to reclaim my Miotas?

@ademirsjr Check out the pinned thread at the top of the Help forum.
Winston
Winston
nefroti - 9 Dec 2017
Anyone have clue, how long the process of sending back funds will take?
Like days, weeks or months?

@nefroti That's a good question, but all we know is what has been officially announced by the IOTA Foundation. That info can be found in the original post of this thread.
Winston
Winston
ademirsjr - 9 Dec 2017
F.Guerrero - 9 Dec 2017
ademirsjr - 9 Dec 2017

Greetings

Where can I do this?

@ademirsjr https://blog.iota.org/gui-wallet-phase-two-of-the-reclaim-process-f5913109cf46
sev
s
Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)
Hello everyone,
I am currently stuck in my reclaim process. I finished Phase one and somehow Phase two: That means that the transactions (every time I clicked reattach it spawned two new transactions) where confirmed (I can see that in the Tangle explorer), but the Wallet did still say “pending”. So I hoped another reattach would let the wallet notice that the transactions were already confirmed. However, it spawned two new transactions that are not confirmed since days. My computer also restarted, so now my wallet want to start the whole process all over again.
Do I really need my wallet confirming the process? Or is it already enough that the Phase 2 transaction was confirmed?
Btw: I read that the last Step of the reclaim process gives you an address where the foundation will send the coins. But why does someone needs this address? I mean, this address belongs to the new seed anyway, right? And there is also now way to manually input a receiving address, you just can attach more addresses to the tangle... So do I really need that address, or can I just wait until next week until the foundation sends the money again and check the balance of my new seed?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search