Sending transaction

Author
M
Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey

In regards to only sending once per address for security reasons;
Still a bit on the unclear about this, does it mean I need to change the seed every time I've sent funds from it?

Alexa
Alexa
True IOTAn (9.6K reputation)
Group: Moderators
Moody1X - 19 Feb 2018
Hey

In regards to only sending once per address for security reasons;
Still a bit on the unclear about this, does it mean I need to change the seed every time I've sent funds from it?

Hi @Moody1X,

no, you don't have to make a new seed every time.
For the sending part, the wallet takes care of choosing which address to send from automatically.
Just don't receive funds to any address that has been sent from before.
To avoid any confusion about this, it is best practice to always generate a new receive-address each time you want to receive funds. 
You can read more about how addresses work here: https://kb.helloiota.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50015.aspx

Alexa

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Moody1X
M
Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)Attached to Tangle (459 reputation)
So the wallet takes care of everything 'behind the scenes' if I understand it correctly? Ie, moves remaining funds to a new address, and I then guess this is the address that is displayed under the "receive" tab in the wallet?

Alexa
Alexa
Moody1X - 19 Feb 2018
So the wallet takes care of everything 'behind the scenes' if I understand it correctly? Ie, moves remaining funds to a new address, and I then guess this is the address that is displayed under the "receive" tab in the wallet?

Correct, the wallet automatically sends the remaining balance from a any send-address to a new address generated by your own seed.
The addresses you get from the receive tab will always be unused. So they won't be the same that have received ant ''change" before. 

I wouldn't be able to help anyone without thetangle.org-explorer. If you feel like you want to support its developer Mathieu Viossat in maintaining his service, please consider a donation to the address shown here: https://thetangle.org/about. Thank you!
Moody1X
M
Thank you Alexa

Alexa
Alexa
Moody1X - 19 Feb 2018
Thank you Alexa

You're welcome. :-)

Trade2404
T
Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (4 reputation)
Hello and although I have a problem I wait for over 2 months for my coins I have sent from light wallet to binance and so far not arrived transaction is still pending on pending I have also rettached but nothing happens
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Trade2404 - 22 Feb 2018
Hello and although I have a problem I wait for over 2 months for my coins I have sent from light wallet to binance and so far not arrived transaction is still pending on pending I have also rettached but nothing happens

@Trade2404 
I answered your question in the other thread on this forum. Please avoid posting the same question multiple times so that this place can stay as clean & orderly as possible. Thanks

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search