some nodes added to neighbor list stealthy

Author
c
Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (110 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I set up a IRI full node on my VPS. installed with IRI 1.4.2.1. From two days ago, I saw that my neighbor nodes number is increase to 30+ (the normal value is 7, as my iota.ini configured.)
those node's ip like such  31.13.85.* , or *.sl-reverse.com etc. Has anyone met the same problem? how to prevent it?
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
chenbo - 14 Feb 2018
I set up a IRI full node on my VPS. installed with IRI 1.4.2.1. From two days ago, I saw that my neighbor nodes number is increase to 30+ (the normal value is 7, as my iota.ini configured.)
those node's ip like such  31.13.85.* , or *.sl-reverse.com etc. Has anyone met the same problem? how to prevent it?

@chenbo 
Thanks for the post.

Apparently this is a known issue. Assuming that node operators deny remote executions of addNeighbor api calls as usual with the --remote-api-limit flag, it's not actually new nodes adding themselves without permission. I'll copy/paste the full explanation over from the IOTA discord when it's posted.

Edited 6 Months Ago by Winston
mio
m
Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (1 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Same problem here. I got two new neighbors since latest milestone. My nodes API port is not accessible from outside. So I have no idea how they got added.
Edited 6 Months Ago by mio
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search