What checksum method does the light wallet use to generate the 3 letter hint?

What checksum method does the light wallet use to generate the 3...
Author
g
Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was under the assumption that it uses the first or last 3 of the SHA256 checksum, but that's not what I expected. Could someone point me to ways to generate the hint for a custom wallet? 
HELP
EricHop
EricHop
IOTAn Pending (1.5K reputation)
Group: Moderators
It uses Kerl to hash the seed, then converts the hashed bytes to trytes and takes the last 3 trytes as the checksum

gmatcha
g
Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)Attached to Tangle (470 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
EricHop - 6 Feb 2018
It uses Kerl to hash the seed, then converts the hashed bytes to trytes and takes the last 3 trytes as the checksum

Just verified output with pyKerl. Did not know all along it's SHA3 Keccak
Thanks a bunch @EricHop!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search