Partial Balance Wallet after Snapshot

Author
t
Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I need help please, before the snapshot my balance appeard complete and had 46 adress in the history. After the snapshot my balance appeard at 0, I did the recommended reattached procedure and generate directions, but I did not recover the total balance. A part of my balance is missing. I already change nodes and Ihave generated more than 100 addressesand a part of the balance is still missing. What can I do to recover the missing balance ? Thank you.

Edited Last Year by tomiton
HELP
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
tomiton - 4 Feb 2018
Hello, I need help please, before the snapshot my balance appeard complete and had 46 adress in the history. After the snapshot my balance appeard at 0, I did the recommended reattached procedure and generate directions, but I did not recover the total balance. A part of my balance is missing. I already change nodes and Ihave generated more than 100 addressesand a part of the balance is still missing. What can I do to recover the missing balance ? Thank you.

@tomiton 
Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community.

Can you post the address(es) in which your balance was held? We can take a look at these addresses together on a tangle explorer, and then go from there.

tomiton
t
Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (52 reputation)

Before the snapshot I had 12.5 Gi, after the snapshot only 10 Gi. I generated more the 70 addresses, as the 2.5 Gi did not appear.I thought I was a victim of a scam, for security transferred the 10 Gi to a new wallet with new seed.
Old wallet : 46 addresses ; last address :IZCAJD9SIAVMWBJXSTG9QY9BXVEHMEOWAFVBYLCUJO9MIHGHYYHSSG9MGHGFAFUXRRTHUPFZ9PPILPSKDOHMOLQOQ9
New Wallet : 1 Address; address: 9OSRBNDQXRGMMIYUSAUQSQRMYXYKZFVZGBOAZIXBC9SPBQZMHGNPDQVHZJAZLCJHV9MEHXJOWMKIPCRFBNJPZEOKQY

Edited Last Year by tomiton
Winston
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
tomiton - 4 Feb 2018

Before the snapshot I had 12.5 Gi, after the snapshot only 10 Gi. I generated more the 70 addresses, as the 2.5 Gi did not appear.I thought I was a victim of a scam, for security transferred the 10 Gi to a new wallet with new seed.
Old wallet : 46 addresses ; last address :IZCAJD9SIAVMWBJXSTG9QY9BXVEHMEOWAFVBYLCUJO9MIHGHYYHSSG9MGHGFAFUXRRTHUPFZ9PPILPSKDOHMOLQOQ9
New Wallet : 1 Address; address: 9OSRBNDQXRGMMIYUSAUQSQRMYXYKZFVZGBOAZIXBC9SPBQZMHGNPDQVHZJAZLCJHV9MEHXJOWMKIPCRFBNJPZEOKQY

@tomiton 
So this is your current balance:
https://thetangle.org/address/9OSRBNDQXRGMMIYUSAUQSQRMYXYKZFVZGBOAZIXBC9SPBQZMHGNPDQVHZJAZLCJHV9MEHXJOWMKIPCRFB
Balance: 10.08 Gi

Here's the bundle from your transaction that consolidated the 10 Gi into the new wallet:
https://thetangle.org/bundle/LBAUGDJWTDJPPHIZPDRXPZKICVTIAIJJHAUACPLTBLGDECAAALRPSIN9IIIICXCLRODPHSKQHKRHCTBUC
There are 5 inputs to that bundle, so you'd have to check each one of these inputs back to their origins to see where you sent the extra 2.5 Gi

tomiton
t
Please, you could see the following BUNDLE: JGKWBBTLNZRKREXEGJEGOBULFXFWYIIPBXHGWHIEKZRCVDSYULTVYI9QLARBH9ICZODQCKJRGUZZGSFOZ; because there I see the exact amount that is missing in my balance. (2,500,000,000 i), was part of a Bitfinex withdrawal with the following address: RLEZIWSQXHIXJLEVNIDA9QYLLTNKVZFBTSZHBRNKQ9IQHBAOYHJMRLETITJVYLWOUA9GVSWGT9AH9NUSDUKBELD9NB
Please, you have some instructions to handle the tangle scanner, because I do not understand how it is handled. Thank you very much..

Winston
Winston
tomiton - 6 Feb 2018
Please, you could see the following BUNDLE: JGKWBBTLNZRKREXEGJEGOBULFXFWYIIPBXHGWHIEKZRCVDSYULTVYI9QLARBH9ICZODQCKJRGUZZGSFOZ; because there I see the exact amount that is missing in my balance. (2,500,000,000 i), was part of a Bitfinex withdrawal with the following address: RLEZIWSQXHIXJLEVNIDA9QYLLTNKVZFBTSZHBRNKQ9IQHBAOYHJMRLETITJVYLWOUA9GVSWGT9AH9NUSDUKBELD9NB
Please, you have some instructions to handle the tangle scanner, because I do not understand how it is handled. Thank you very much..

@tomiton 
The bundle in question:
https://thetangle.org/bundle/JGKWBBTLNZRKREXEGJEGOBULFXFWYIIPBXHGWHIEKZRCVDSYULTVYI9QLARBH9ICZODQCKJRGUZZGSFOZ

Inputs were from RLEZIW.. (2.57 Gi) and QLUYM... (203.75 Mi), and sent to two different outputs X9TPOW... (2.5 Gi) and XEYJX... (274.35 Mi).  Hopefully that makes a bit of sense, and you can trace the transactions from there. It's tough for me to look at these transactions with limited information and determine what exactly is going on. If you can learn how to use this tangle explorer, you'll be able to trace each transaction based on how you remember it.

tomiton
t
Can I use the claim tool as a last resort? I need to recover that outstanding balance that disappeared with the snapshot. Thank you very much.
Winston
Winston
tomiton - 8 Feb 2018
Can I use the claim tool as a last resort? I need to recover that outstanding balance that disappeared with the snapshot. Thank you very much.

@tomiton 
Nope. The reclaim tool has nothing to do with your situation. Reclaims are done for addresses that were saved by the IOTA Foundation back in October, and all of your transactions in question occurred after January.

tomiton
t
Hello Winston; So what do I do to recover what is left to complete my balance? After the snapshot, recover 10 Gi and 2.5 Gi are missing. Where are the 2.5 Gi ?. So far the recommended procedures failed. My last hope is to use the claim tool for the foundation to verify my case.  the snapshot took 2.5 Gi to limbo
What I do? I wait for the new wallet Trinity? Thank you.
Winston
Winston
tomiton - 8 Feb 2018
Hello Winston; So what do I do to recover what is left to complete my balance? After the snapshot, recover 10 Gi and 2.5 Gi are missing. Where are the 2.5 Gi ?. So far the recommended procedures failed. My last hope is to use the claim tool for the foundation to verify my case.  the snapshot took 2.5 Gi to limbo
What I do? I wait for the new wallet Trinity? Thank you.

@tomiton 
The only thing you can really do is trace the 2.5 Gi forward through the tangle, find out what address it's currently residing in, and then figure out if your seed generates that address. If not, then the balance no longer belongs to you. Also, thinking back to your transactions is important so that you can figure out what was sent where. Looking at the progression of your past transactions via a tangle explorer is helpful in this endeavor. The thing is that nobody else can really help you with this since all I can do is look at the tangle and see that the balance moved from address A to B to C. If you don't control address C, then the balance is now out of your control for whatever reason. If you control it, then you'd generate the address and proceed as normal.

Again, the reclaim tool does not pertain to your situation based on the information you've provided.

tomiton
t
Hello Winston, I was investigating in the tangle explorer, it may be possible that a deposit in Bitfinex is duplicated? Please, look at the following address in which I made the deposit: X9TPOWTRBCYCKNZTFQPNHRINMWGSNTWNVZBSDJARLUUCHRBVFBNTTFXTKCVUNXRHTT9KPR9APNJERZAZWLVCIQZQKD.
Winston
Winston
tomiton - 8 Feb 2018
Hello Winston, I was investigating in the tangle explorer, it may be possible that a deposit in Bitfinex is duplicated? Please, look at the following address in which I made the deposit: X9TPOWTRBCYCKNZTFQPNHRINMWGSNTWNVZBSDJARLUUCHRBVFBNTTFXTKCVUNXRHTT9KPR9APNJERZAZWLVCIQZQKD.

@tomiton

Weird. Here's the address:
https://thetangle.org/address/X9TPOWTRBCYCKNZTFQPNHRINMWGSNTWNVZBSDJARLUUCHRBVFBNTTFXTKCVUNXRHTT9KPR9APNJERZAZW

It as two separate incoming transaction of 2.5 Gi/each. So that gave the address a balance of 5 Gi.

Then there was a 2.5 Gi outgoing transaction on January 22:
https://thetangle.org/transaction/JURPXANVVPGXYKGYCCZTPERTJAPYVATCRBSHEEYYZNRSGHJNMTDA9SBNJRSJBETGJFJPYSYJT9IFZ9999

And a subsequent 2.5 Gi outgoing transaction on February 5:
https://thetangle.org/transaction/BSTCBPKMIRLAGANGNHKMYNZJNOYPE9BSGMRTXAKTZB9MUNPFIETTCLRCEIRW9LFT9XPGEKPW9NOYZ9999

Of all of these transactions (2 incoming, 2 outgoing), I would suspect that you made 3 of them. Am I correct in my speculation that you didn't make the Feb. 5 outgoing transaction of 2.5 Gi?

tomiton
t
Hello Winston, I think I found the cause of my balance incomplete, although there is something strange that I will expand at the end and that I believe can serve the community and the developers. Perform a transfer to Bitfinex for 2.5 Gi but they were actually taken twice. In Bitfinex they only accredited one of them. Below the claim to Bitfinex:
I made 2 deposits of IOTA for the same amount, but only credited one of them. The two deposits went to the same address of Bitfinex.
Deposit # 1:
Currency: IOTA
Amount: 2500 Mi
Destination Address: X9TPOWTRBCYCKNZTFQPNHRINMWGSNTWNVZBSDJARLUUCHRBVFBNTTFXTKCVUNXRHTT9KPR9APNJERZAZWLVCIQZQKD
Bundle Tangle ID: DVADBFCJKBVSYTISCPALHCAFFQZPYRHZPZFESLLN9RBEEAXT9KWBPEBJPDGFFQSJJBJ9IPYHEYATFOFQC
Bitfinex Deposit ID: Unaccredited Deposit
Date and Time Tangle: January 18, 2018; 21:42:40 Local Time and January 19, 2018; 00:42:40 UTC

Deposit # 2:
Destination Address: X9TPOWTRBCYCKNZTFQPNHRINMWGSNTWNVZBSDJARLUUCHRBVFBNTTFXTKCVUNXRHTT9KPR9APNJERZAZWLVCIQZQKD
Bundle Tangle ID: JGKWBBTLNZRKREXEGJEGOBULFXFWYIIPBXHGWHIEKZRCVDSYULTVYI9QLARBH9ICZODQCKJRGUZZGSFOZ
Bitfinex Deposit ID: 8397323
Date and Time: January 22; 2018; 16:23:18
The strange thing is that my balance to January 28 was correct (12.5 Gi) after the snapshot was 10 Gi. Because the transaction not accredited and confirmed on January 19, did not affect my balance on January 28 ?.
Thank you very much for your dedication.
Winston
Winston
tomiton - 9 Feb 2018
Hello Winston, I think I found the cause of my balance incomplete, although there is something strange that I will expand at the end and that I believe can serve the community and the developers. Perform a transfer to Bitfinex for 2.5 Gi but they were actually taken twice. In Bitfinex they only accredited one of them. Below the claim to Bitfinex:
I made 2 deposits of IOTA for the same amount, but only credited one of them. The two deposits went to the same address of Bitfinex.
Deposit # 1:
Bundle Tangle ID: DVADBFCJKBVSYTISCPALHCAFFQZPYRHZPZFESLLN9RBEEAXT9KWBPEBJPDGFFQSJJBJ9IPYHEYATFOFQC
Bitfinex Deposit ID: Unaccredited Deposit
Date and Time Tangle: January 18, 2018; 21:42:40 Local Time and January 19, 2018; 00:42:40 UTC

Deposit # 2:
Bundle Tangle ID: JGKWBBTLNZRKREXEGJEGOBULFXFWYIIPBXHGWHIEKZRCVDSYULTVYI9QLARBH9ICZODQCKJRGUZZGSFOZ
Bitfinex Deposit ID: 8397323
Date and Time: January 22; 2018; 16:23:18
The strange thing is that my balance to January 28 was correct (12.5 Gi) after the snapshot was 10 Gi. Because the transaction not accredited and confirmed on January 19, did not affect my balance on January 28 ?.
Thank you very much for your dedication.

@tomiton 
Very interesting indeed. So it looks like Deposit #1 that wasn't credited on Binance was indeed confirmed into the Binance address. The only option I see for you is to send a support ticket to Binance explaining the situation and requesting assistance. Everything is there on the tangle/ledger, so it's up to the exchange to figure things out and credit the deposit correctly (from what I can tell).

This must be a very frustrating situation for you. Best of luck, and please post here with further updates as they become available. Hopefully others can learn from your experience.

Fonzi10 A
F
Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (3 reputation)
what is it?  
balance":4093636428,"category":"NONE"},
''''''''''''''''?

Winston
Winston
Your balance?

tomiton
t
Hi Winston, I was able to recover my IOTAS, BITFINEX credited 2.5 Gi that were missing.
I want to thank your collaboration and the community. I'm very happy 
I do not know how to close this thread as solved?
Winston
Winston
tomiton - 19 Feb 2018
Hi Winston, I was able to recover my IOTAS, BITFINEX credited 2.5 Gi that were missing.
I want to thank your collaboration and the community. I'm very happy 
I do not know how to close this thread as solved?

@tomiton 
Excellent! I'm happy to hear this - and thanks for stopping by to post a follow up to your situation. No need to mark or close this thread.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search