Can we get this forum going?

Author
Winston
Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)Forum Admin (33K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Is the trollbox warning scaring people away? That can be altered a bit if it's a problem. Smile
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Winston - 16 Nov 2017
Is the trollbox warning scaring people away? That can be altered a bit if it's a problem. Smile

I think they need some freedom to help them to relax.:joy:
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)Forum Mod (3.3K reputation)
Winston - 16 Nov 2017

Almost 800 members is very good. Most of the 30000 slack members are no longer active, so the forum is with a good number of members.

Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
So, yes we can Winston. Do not be discouraged. :tongue:

ChrisGui
C
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Well  I'll be the first non moderator or administrator on the trading post ! I have been trading on Bitfinex since August buying a bit more at every 10cents fall and that paid of already!  Now two more exchanges in the biggest crypto markets in the world can't hurt even if we saw 10% rise those days and the equivalent fall in the same day. If you're HODL like me coze you know better then try to anticipate the market it doesn't phase you! It will rise in the long shot anyway.
Now my biggest concern for serious investors is about a strong and stable wallet. I understand after reading the IOTA support post that IOTA expansion require some ''Wallet reset'' but the recuperation tool (that I didn't have to use since I was 100% on Bitfinex for the last 3 months) wasn't really what we call ''user friendly'' when I look at all the post! So there's no way anybody with ''sanity'' toward is money will go with more then couple of 10K$ if you know that money will go in ''the blue'' at the next IOTA wallet expansion.
Also from the IOTA team point of view, what will happen when let say 500 000 investors will have to recuperate. I mean it will be insane for you guys helping with support at IOTA. So here's my main concern. I truly think this tech is amazing and I would not be here on that forum along with the first guys getting hands on deeps into IOTA with no Programming background (Engineering is quite a different world) if I wasn't 100% All In with you guys. Truly I have quite a bit of money in here (well from my perspectiveWink  and with my ''test'' 10Mi (9$ US)  transfer from Bitfinex to my IOTA wallet that was ''pending'' for the last 36 hours before I cancelled it all (I know how to trade I'm on 5 Exchanges with about 10 different coins)  and with a Seeded ''permanent'' IOTA Wallet that could get a ''Reset'' anytime for expansion purposes something better need to be done so that serious people that want to put 1M$+ in this tech don't feel ''unsecure''. If those critical issues are solved (easy transfer and more stable wallet), I personally have an evaluation at 4,50$ in 2018 for IOTA .
Has for potential answers a non-programmer can bring here, maybe try to get something going with the ""Ledger'' guys in France ?? I got my  Ledger Blue from them and love it for my LTC, BTC and ETH wallet. Don't know if IOTA is compatible with their tech but if it is, it would bring huge exposure for IOTA and ''guaranteed''  security to ''big'' investors.
With all that said, the future is bright for IOTA and the for traders that invested early in it !  Can't wait to meet the team at the next ''Conference'' in Montreal/Toronto/Boston/New York.
Sincerly
ChrisGui

Edited 2 Years Ago by ChrisGui
Taylor Allen
Taylor Allen
Hello Chris,

Thank you for post.

I really appreciate the fact that you believe in the project and that you are part of this community.

The wallet is certainly challenging and it is not user friendly.

But the main difficulty of having to secure the funds and making the reclaim tool available is not related to the wallet per si, but to the need of upgrade the net through a snapshot (at this stage of the project).
This requires an updating of the wallet (or addresses where the funds are) by the user. The foundation only upgrade the addresses with funds of users that didn´t upgrade them by themselves.
This fact has forced the implementation of a tool to be possible the redistribution of funds to users.

Aware that the announcement on the blog regarding the reclaim tool could be a little bit explicit for many of the users we ensured the creation of a support document for this process, which was not published here in the forum due to a problem with downloading images.
This document has been used as support in the reclaim process and to date all (100%) users who have applied for support have been supported and successfully completed the reclaim process (here and in the slack).
Thank you very much for your contribution, which helps us to better understand the constraints that the user faces and to define measures to minimize them.

I was quite happy to note that a meeting is being held in Toronto and I quickly advertised it here and on my personal twitter.

I wish you a very productive and enjoyable meeting.

Best regards,
Taylor

ChrisGui
C
Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)Attaching to Tangle (2 reputation)
Thanks for the quick note. But you missed my point here. Since it's the trading blog section, I wanted future ''IOTA Trading'' reader that plan on trading IOTA to know what were the actual  limitations of their investment or more precisely for ''Value'' investor, what, in 2017, was affecting the ''Value'' of their investment, in this case ''Not so user friendly'' experiences with wallet and transfer that I personally noticed and could turn cold feet many ''Whales'' from putting significant amount of $$ in this tech. Everybody coming here will know all the advantages IOTA has on Bitcoin and other Blockchain tech, so wanted to flag out the couple of things I think limits IOTA currently.
My approach (Value analysis) might not be commonly known since most actual trader think ''Trading'' is just about triangle, Fibonacci Ratio, hammer, and other graphic/analytic investment stuff. For ''Value'' investors those are just ''Curves'' that means nothing in the long term. Value investor  follow the likes of Benjamin Graham, Peter Lynch and more recently Warren Buffet philosophy. Put simply, if the tech is good, the team strong and the backbone healthy (like I see IOTA now) it's a winner to invest in long term and those investment are the one that will survive crashes (where you buy more) cause they will happen. Especially in Crypto!  (Of course value investment is actually a lot more complicated but it's out of reach here) .
I also wanted to give you guys a bit of Feedback about the common user experience.
That said you answer clarified some points and it's really appreciated.
Funny though that you didn't mention there's a new Beta IOTA Wallet coming out soon and that Bitfinex are working with you to make IOTA transfer more convenient. I saw the tweets from ''Bleya'' and David Sonstebo about those two things I pointed out yesterday just after I finished typing my Post ! Looks like I wasn't the only one to think something had to be done with the Wallet and Bitfinex IOTA transfer.
Don't try to hide secrets from me next time !! Wink Just teasing.
Can't wait to see other trader point of view here about trading IOTA and I thank you for the cue about Toronto's Meeting, I'll look it up.
Sincerly,
ChrisGui

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search